Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having your dog sleep in your room?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Two of mine sleep in the bedroom and one stays in the kitchen area. I live in a bungalow and the gre hound can open the doors so even if I left her in the kitchen she will make her own way down.

The hound is funny. If OH gets up and is in the kitchen and I lie on at the hound comes down to the bedroom at a few minutes passed 7.00. Depending on her mood she will either lie back on her bed or bark at me to get up. I now longer need an alarm clock. :D

Incidently, a book I read on retired grey hounds recommended allowing the dog sleep with in your room initially to help the bonding process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Used to let my terrier sleep at the end of my bed when it was a pup till it did a wee on me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I have my 2 sleep in the room when the missus is away. They're great company.

One of them has taken it upon himself to claim my GF's side of the bed. Now the Newfoundland is following suit not leaving me much room :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

My four (GSDx, Lab, Terrier and Springer x) sleep in our room. The only reason they sleep up there is because the GSD used to have bad separation anxiety - we created a 'dog room', had a lovely couch, dog beds etc in there and we tried her in there - only a few hours later I heard her barking, went to investigate and she had eaten the room - and I am not exaggerating - she had demolished the sofa, shredded the beds, pulled the curtains off the wall etc. So since then, she sleeps in our room and as the dog population in the house grew, they came to bed too. I'd love to be able to leave them downstairs, but renting a house and having a three piece leather suite means I am terrified she'll eat the sofa! She is 2.5yrs old now, gets plenty of exercise and we do leave the dogs in the sitting room if we go off for a few hours and she has not chewed anything since that fateful night, so am thinking its time we tried again...but the what ifs put me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I might sound stupid here but what type of dog is a GSDx .? According to google it's a graphics plug in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

up to the dog. personally like it. apart from the missus, its the only friend gets to share the bed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

I might sound stupid here but what type of dog is a GSDx .? According to google it's a graphics plug in

German Shepherd cross!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks nice dog . Bet you feel safe in bed at night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

All 3 pets slept in our room until very recently - the cat on the bed, and the dogs on their own beds on the floor. We have recently moved them into the living room as we are having a baby in a few months, and wanted to get them used to sleeping elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My lad shares my room with me, his bed is under my bed but he rarely sleeps in it :D Wouldnt have him out in the cold, he's too old to be outside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

my westie comes up to bed with me but when i am asleep my mum would generally take her and let her sleep in her own bed downstairs, she has slept in my bed all night a few times but she always seems much more tired in the morning then if she was asleep in her own bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Great thread! Some really good images there such as the jealous boxer in the middle of the bed between husband and wife and big huge dogs taking up space in beds:pac:
    My dog sleeps with me too. She is a little yorkie/bichon cross. She suffers from small dog syndrome and thinks she is the boss!

Advertisement