Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone read Shaq's autobiography? Gives a great insight in to many of the players and coaches contesting these series.

It is clear that he has huge respect for Doc Rivers and calls him a great coach. The last few chapters on his time in Boston are the standout in my opinion. He is injured for large parts of the season, and when he played in the series he admits to being seriously hobbled by that achilles. He makes it clear he felt that that team was a championship team.

The ' hack a shaq 'stuff is hilarious too. He talks about the Spurs and especially Popovich utilizing this tactic and Pop getting great pleasure out of Shaq getting annoyed.

Interestingly he also talks about how everyone was always on eggshells at Cleveland with Lebron. He notes one instance when after a game they are going over the tape and a clip of lebron turning the ball over and not running back on defense. Mike Brown stays silent, then directly afterwards a clip of Mo Williams getting blocked and not hustling back is flashed up. Brown lays into Mo , Mo loses it and fair play to him stands up and says something about everyone should be treated the same.

It really is an interesting, frank and honest read. A good read for and ball lovers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Available in bookshops here or do we have to buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

buyer95 wrote: »
    On a totally unrelated note, has anyone read Shaq's autobiography? Gives a great insight in to many of the players and coaches contesting these series.

It is clear that he has huge respect for Doc Rivers and calls him a great coach. The last few chapters on his time in Boston are the standout in my opinion. He is injured for large parts of the season, and when he played in the series he admits to being seriously hobbled by that achilles. He makes it clear he felt that that team was a championship team.

The ' hack a shaq 'stuff is hilarious too. He talks about the Spurs and especially Popovich utilizing this tactic and Pop getting great pleasure out of Shaq getting annoyed.

Interestingly he also talks about how everyone was always on eggshells at Cleveland with Lebron. He notes one instance when after a game they are going over the tape and a clip of lebron turning the ball over and not running back on defense. Mike Brown stays silent, then directly afterwards a clip of Mo Williams getting blocked and not hustling back is flashed up. Brown lays into Mo , Mo loses it and fair play to him stands up and says something about everyone should be treated the same.

It really is an interesting, frank and honest read. A good read for and ball lovers

Might order it myself, is this it?:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Shaq-Uncut-Shaquille-ONeal/9781455504411?b=-3&t=-20#Fulldescription-20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

This third quarter will decide the spurs season imo. Really lost their way since looking so dominant up to game three...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Well, the Thunder are all grown up, great great series with more to come....
    Had Spurs as favs to win it outright at the start of the playoffs but also will win $200 if the Thunder win, gooo Thunder

Celtics - Thunder final is looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

If Chris Bosh returns to the Heat lineup tey will win the series, simple.
    God help the Celtics if anything happens Garnett, their defense is shocking without him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I dont think the Celtics can keep it up. They would have been destroyed on sunday night if they hadn't shot all those 3's. Meanwhile Miami was attacking the post and not forcing up jump shots.

I'd agree with the above poster about Garnett, the Celtics D is pretty ****e without him, Lebron walked in freely for two dunks while he was off the court.

I think the Heat will win the next 2.

I'd be absolutely amazed if the Heat didn't win the series against the Celtics.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely amazed if the Heat didn't win the series against the Celtics.

Prepare to be amazed ;)

Prepare to be amazed ;)

I really, really hope you're right by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

NewBoss wrote: »
    Can't renogotiate contract down, from what Larry Coon says.

Can they not extend and spread the money owed out over a period of time?

:eek: :pac: :eek: :D

Nice one Boston! NBA on ESPN jumped the gun a bit :pac:

593348936.jpg?key=519384&Expires=1338953959&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=Tn0uQXuOepzs1JD2vE4~o7VmLclNcs-x3QodiDshDtHTp6lXL8Q9zDamH4qMObntPcOfq6jQB7ZkKVpX431fihWgR5MgVJmdH8HU9r9t6daGo99XId2sHrgPTYlt4EXIZ1GU~gaou~PFwxDr9LCbZ6tjVsTJ-~qLMAw9pZsSC9Q_

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

Paully D wrote: »
    :eek: :pac: :eek: :D

Nice one Boston! NBA on ESPN jumped the gun a bit :pac:

Haha brilliant. :D

Had a suspicion this would happen tonight. I've felt all series that it's Boston's to lose rather than Heat's to win. What I wouldn't give to be in the Garden on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Unreal, really thought the Heat would turn the screw on Boston but what the hell do I know, what a team is all I can say, will be some victory if they close it out.
    Don't know what to say about Miami, LeBron has been fantastic but they can't seem to be able to put Boston away, they have looked like they could at times but Boston always come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

FML.

I think Garnett has been a hero in this series for Boston. The intensity that he plays at on both offence and defence cannot be matched.
    Boston were on fire last night. Great 3 point shooting but they need to keep that up to win the next game.
    NBA.com today have a clip of Pierce and the 3s called Boston Three Party. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Great game. Boston showing the advantage of having depth with Miami relying on the big two, which isn't helped when Lebron goes 8 minutes without scoring in the final quarter. Nobody outside him and Wade scored more than 9, while the likes of Pietrus and Bass stepped up when it counted for important shots to wear the Heat down.

I still think this is going to a Game 7 though. But Boston are already re-writing the script so wouldn't be surprised if they finished the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Come on Boston! What a win. Pierce throwing up bricks all night and then he nails that clutch 3! Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Good Job! Good Effort!

God I love this Celtics team. Going to miss it when it gets broken up.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Good Job! Good Effort!

Thought that was hilarious for some reason even though the kid was just showing some support.

But yeah what a game, longest 16 seconds ever at the end there i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

Garnett is playing like a man on a mission, even his post match interviews have been great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Thought that was hilarious for some reason even though the kid was just showing some support.

But yeah what a game, longest 16 seconds ever at the end there i thought.

The commentators saying the crowd were in a stunned silence was just the cherry on top as well.
    jwilco wrote: »
    Garnett is playing like a man on a mission, even his post match interviews have been great

I'd imagine Mike Gearon will probably think twice before he says something about KG again.

jwilco wrote: »

Is this possibly his last NBA season?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

Masked Man wrote: »
    Good Job! Good Effort!

That was actually Spoelstra. His reason for not playing Bosh in the 4th was ridiculous.
    Anyways, gotta say I'v nothing but admiration for the C's after watching how they've turned their season around since the all-star break.
    KG is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

tumblr_m57jo94bdl1qaw87mo1_500.jpg

gjge1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Please Please let Spurs take Game 6.

Oklahoma fans with the t-shirts is just lame.

Kevin Durant is just so good.

Advertisement