Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not sure if it is his real Twitter but it seems to be,

https://twitter.com/#!/OficialHulk
    Givanildo V. Souza ‏@OficialHulk
    Thanks to all Chelsea fans, the beautiful messages of support! And I'm sorry for my english hahahah

Then he followed Mata and Hazard!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So Marin is a bench player effectively now, assuming the quotes are true of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Johner wrote: »
    Not sure if it is his real Twitter but it seems to be,

https://twitter.com/#!/OficialHulk

Then he followed Mata and Hazard!

yeah posted that earlier.

the offical lucas twitter tweeted him the other day and today hulks tweeted david luiz so I'd say its a real account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I reckon Marin was only ever going to be a bench player. It's some step up from having Kalou on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Marin is a good option to have, he'll definetly push those ahead of him for a place in the starting 11.

If we get Hulk we'll be laughing.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    I reckon Marin was only ever going to be a bench player. It's some step up from having Kalou on the bench.

True. But from an entirely football point of view, I was somewhat interested to see him play regularly in the EPL and how he'd get on, regularly as in start a fair few games. He's someone I've mentioned a few times in the LFC Superthread who I thought that in spite of his attitude was worth chancing and bringing in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

-Ade- wrote: »
    So Marin is a bench player effectively now, assuming the quotes are true of course.

Why worry about minute details like squad harmony and player happiness, they will be absolute beasts on FIFA 13!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

-Ade- wrote: »
    True. But from an entirely football point of view, I was somewhat interested to see him play regularly in the EPL and how he'd get on, regularly as in start a fair few games. He's someone I've mentioned a few times in the LFC Superthread who I thought that in spite of his attitude was worth chancing and bringing in.

So do I. I think he will get his chance alright
    had bags of promise, but got played out of position.
    Needs a strong coach and then he could be as good originally thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Exactly, could Chelsea have a quality front 4 now.

Torres
    Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk

Mata and Hazard are interchangeable and you also have Marin, Malouda, De Bruyn, Lukaku etc to come in. Hulk can play on the left or as the striker too. Plety of options although, imo , the one above is the strongest despite plenty claiming Hazards strongest position is a #10. Give me Mata there any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Frisbee wrote: »
    Exactly, could Chelsea have a quality front 4 now.

Torres
    Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk

Mata and Hazard are interchangeable and you also have Marin, Malouda, De Bruyn, Lukaku etc to come in. Hulk can play on the left or as the striker too. Plety of options although, imo , the one above is the strongest despite plenty claiming Hazards strongest position is a #10. Give me Mata there any day of the week.

That does look potent. Sturridge in reserve too, although I can see some of them causing trouble if not played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Lukaku De Bruyne etc will go on loan

Our attacking players will be

Hazard---Torres---Hulk

with Mata behind Torres. If sturridge starts ahead of Torres the whole four players are able to switch positions. could be an awsom attack. Marin will be back up to either wide player but have to agree, Mata is a better player in the number ten role and Hazard out on the left.

Mata
    Hulk
    Sturridge

Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Where will lampard play, hardly in a holding centre mid role along with ramires?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone know if Sigurdsson's deal has been fully signed? If not then it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Liverpool. I presume Rodgers will implement the same style of play he favours in Liverpool. Sigurdsson would be a better fit than Henderson and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Anyone know if Sigurdsson's deal has been fully signed? If not then it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Liverpool. I presume Rodgers will implement the same style of play he favours in Liverpool. Sigurdsson would be a better fit than Henderson and others.

Nothing signed yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Medical to complete yet

Rumours that Spurs will activate Demba Ba's release clause this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

amiable wrote: »
    Rumours that Spurs will activate Demba Ba's release clause this summer

Ba? Wasnt he bit crap second half of the season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Ba? Wasnt he bit crap second half of the season?

Or Cisse was just unreal!
    I'd go with the latter, Ba would do well anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yeah, and he was played out of position quite a bit. Most games I seen, he was playing out the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

He is far too good to be just a bench player. He seems to blow hot and cold, but I think he's a steal at £6.5M. I'd see him starting in patches, and very definately an impact sub the rest of the time. He'll see the pitch most every game I'd say.

Chelsea are worrying me (as a non-Chelasea fan) - Hazard, Marin and maybe Hulk, that's a hell of a start so far. And I'm expecting a RB and more to come...

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    He is far too good to be just a bench player. He seems to blow hot and cold, but I think he's a steal at £6.5M. I'd see him starting in patches, and very definately an impact sub the rest of the time. He'll see the pitch most every game I'd say.

Chelsea are worrying me (as a non-Chelasea fan) - Hazard, Marin and maybe Hulk, that's a hell of a start so far. And I'm expecting a RB and more to come...

We should sort our managerial problem first before spending hundreds of millions.

gavredking wrote: »
    We should sort our managerial problem first before spending hundreds of millions.

never stopped us before Gav!

Yep its the rebuild that has been promised for so long
    Spending the 100 mill CL cash.
    wants attractive winning football and Bruce Buck said "6th is not acceptable and the club will be taking steps to make sure that doesnt happen again

That means either players or manager, or both. Looks like its players initally, the manager will be sorted later - its the Roman way (10 trophies later :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Except when the manager has little say in who is signed, then it's a moot point...

Except when the manager has little say in who is signed, then it's a moot point...

Yeah its hard to imagine Guardiola would be too thrilled if he was about to sign for Chelsea only to be told "eh by the way the chairman already spent your 2012 transfer kitty, hope you like the signings he's made, if not we'll give you more next year".

Chelsea, since Roman, have always operated a split scheme, with most of the transfers being done by the club - aka Roman who is advised by his scouting team - and then the manager gets 2 or 3.
    This is quite normal in a club owned by a single person - see RM and other such clubs

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah its hard to imagine Guardiola would be too thrilled if he was about to sign for Chelsea only to be told "eh by the way the chairman already spent your 2012 transfer kitty, hope you like the signings he's made, if not we'll give you more next year".

yeah, cos he is goning to be pissed if he's only got Hazard, Hulk and a few other "world class" signings to work with!

Who's to say Pep isnt already fully aware of our targets and has even approved them? ;)

yeah, cos he is goning to be pissed if he's only got Hazard, Hulk and a few other "world class" signings to work with!

Who's to say Pep isnt already fully aware of our targets and has even approved them? ;)

Haha yeah it could be worse of course, not like they went and signed Downing, Henderson and Carroll. Still though, managers can be very very fussy and want players to fit their own style. For instance, I doubt Hulk would be the kinda player Guardiola woulda wanted to sign for Barca. I know that doesn't mean he wouldn't sign him for Chelsea but still.

Chelsea, since Roman, have always operated a split scheme, with most of the transfers being done by the club - aka Roman who is advised by his scouting team - and then the manager gets 2 or 3.
    This is quite normal in a club owned by a single person - see RM and other such clubs

I thought Mourinho changed that by becoming the first RM manager to have total control?

• Advertisement

My point had nothing to do with transfers, but the task of either hiring RDM or getting in somebody else.

My point had nothing to do with transfers, but the task of either hiring RDM or getting in somebody else.

ahem!

ABola newspaper:Official Hulk to Chelsea with 45 millions Euros and Porto could announce the deal on its Website within hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Not sure if this is the place .

Bookies have stopped taking money on Next Swansea manager .

Wonder who's getting that ?

Not sure if this is the place .

Bookies have stopped taking money on Next Swansea manager .

Wonder who's getting that ?

Graeme Jones is the gamble

Bayern sign Mitchell Weiser from Koln.

Highly rated young RW. Read from a few people in Germany who think he'll go out on loan, possibly back to Koln in Bundesliga II.
    Heerenveen have confirmed Bas Dost has left the club for Wolfsburg, where he'll be signing a 5-year deal.

Tore it up for Heerenveen last season. 32 goals in 34 matches last season. Great for the ol bets. Interesting to see how he'll do in Germany next season.

PSG are very close to signing Lavezzi for a deal initially around 26M rising to 30M euros depending on a number of clauses now Inter have stepped aside. Should be official once the transfer window opens on June 13th. Excellent signing for PSG.

Del Piero looks to be heading to Montreal Impact, where a good few Italians are ending up at such as Di Viao.

• Advertisement

If thats the end of Napoli's holy trinity then we'll take Hamsik and Cavani please. :P

Hes a cracking little player is Lavezzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Only pity is Lavezzi isnt going to the Prem it seems.

With City, Chelsea, United having already purchased or strongly looking to buy it'd be great if Arsenal. Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle could bring in some quality players to the PL. If there was 7 teams challenging it would certainly add to the excitement value of a typical Saturday next season.

Do people reckon Arsenal will finally spend? Will Rodgers get the same money to blow as Daglish? Can 'Arry wheel and deal himself some more stars? Can the N'Castle scouting team uncover some more gems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

slingerz wrote: »
    Only pity is Lavezzi isnt going to the Prem it seems.

With City, Chelsea, United having already purchased or strongly looking to buy it'd be great if Arsenal. Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle could bring in some quality players to the PL. If there was 7 teams challenging it would certainly add to the excitement value of a typical Saturday next season.

Do people reckon Arsenal will finally spend? Will Rodgers get the same money to blow as Daglish? Can 'Arry wheel and deal himself some more stars? Can the N'Castle scouting team uncover some more gems?

Stay Tuned!

Same Bat Time...Same Bat Channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Jan Vertonghen confirms he's joining Tottenham, very good defender.

Vertonghen has said on Twitter he'll be joining Spurs. Tad surprising. Didn't think it would happen once they missed out on CL football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

I think it's a pity Barça weren't interested, he can play as LCB and at LB, which is what's needed. May have worked out. Anyway, he seemed keen on English football from the start, great signing for Spurs.

EDIT: wait, what? "Don't believe everything the press writes. Nothing is confirmed. Still player of #Ajax"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And Ledley King is being released. Will anyone risk a salary with dodgy knees.

I think it's a pity Barça weren't interested, he can play as LCB and at LB, which is what's needed. May have worked out. Anyway, he seemed keen on English football from the start, great signing for Spurs.

EDIT: wait, what? "Don't believe everything the press writes. Nothing is confirmed. Still player of #Ajax"

ESPN saying they jumped the gun now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

greendom wrote: »

Think he'll be staying at Spurs in a player/coach role.

Vertonghen would be a fantastic signing for them.

Soon the whole Belgium team will be playing in the PL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

His contract has run out but he hasn't actually been released he's said he's talking to the club and wants to stay in some capacity at the club if he's not playing next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Knex. wrote: »

There's only Hercule Poirot and Tintin left over there I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

If thats the end of Napoli's holy trinity then we'll take Hamsik and Cavani please. :P

Both have 3 year deals to honour with us, so you sir can look right elsewhere!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Knex. wrote: »

Been thinking this for a while, but when you look at some of their players and their age profile, they could potentially be a force in a few years.

Don't know about how they generally play and I see they haven't qualified for a tournament for a while, but with the players at their disposal, on paper they look very promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think he is retireing. Teams could do worse than a pay as you play deal for him if he doesnt work something out with spurs and decides to keep playing.

The Belgium national team are currently at a similar stage to where Spain and Holland were for many years in the early noughties namely, to a slightly lesser extent. Talent galore, many individually excellent players but there are a few divisions within the camp. Players with questionable egos and attitudes.

Regarding the squad, the starting XI is excellent but Lakaku needs to mature first. They lack a goalscoring striker. Hazard will be leading the line tomorrow though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement