Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'd love to see T Silva play. Haven't seen him yet, must be good with all this best in the world craic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Samich wrote: »
    I'd love to see T Silva play. Haven't seen him yet, must be good with all this best in the world craic :D

He is really good, he is certainly in the top 3 cb's in the game right now, arguably the best.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

jamc wrote: »
    It was a joke based on my despair as a Milan fan and Mesbah's defensive "ability".

A performance for the ages vs Arsenal last season :P

Paolo Bandini ‏@Paolo_Bandini
    Wow. Sportmediaset reporting Thiago Silva to #PSG is a done deal. €50m fee, €9m/year salary. #acmilan
    Expand
    Reply Retweeted Favorite

Baldini is a very good jounro, no idea how reliable Sportmediaset is however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

If they do sell Thiago Silva then it is a big mistake by Milan, yes it is a lot of money but they will not get another player of his quality for that money. The only thing I can think is that Milan are thinking of the FFP rules and see this as a way of reducing the losses, but looking at the likes of Chelsea and PSG they don't seem to be worried about FFP so why should other teams. I also think they would be better off selling Ibra if they have to sell someone because at least they have Pato to replace him. It's not good for the league to have it's best players leaving either.

Where did Silva come from? Was he always promising? Only first heard of him this season tbh. Or did he just become good out of the blue?

LOL at someone having PSG stuck in the career performance table :pac:

Fluminense is where I first heard/seen the odd match of him in the Copa Libatadores. He looked a real player back then and was linked with Real at one point before Milan swooped him and signed him. Flum had a very good defensive record in that season where they finished runners up in the Copa Libatodores.

Since 2009 with Milan he has progressively improved every season, and put in many a MOTM performance for them as well as for the national Brazil team.

His claim as the best defender in the world isn't without any substance that's clear. Himself, Kompany and Hummels are far an away for me anyway, the best 3 CB's in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

dor83 wrote: »
    If they do sell Thiago Silva then it is a big mistake by Milan, yes it is a lot of money but they will not get another player of his quality for that money. The only thing I can think is that Milan are thinking of the FFP rules and see this as a way of reducing the losses, but looking at the likes of Chelsea and PSG they don't seem to be worried about FFP so why should other teams. I also think they would be better off selling Ibra if they have to sell someone because at least they have Pato to replace him. It's not good for the league to have it's best players leaving either.

Thing about selling Ibra though is you couldn't rely on Pato to go to the shop for a pint of milk. He'd probably end up in a nightclub and pull an unknown muscle.

Such a waste of talent

He's 28 this year I see, might aswell go and get a hape of money for himself in the few years he has left at the top. I doubt it was Milans choice I'm thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If he does join PSG I'd say the main reason would be his relationship with Leonardo and Carlo Ancelotti, with money being secondary, its not on small money as it is!

Seaneh wrote: »
    If he does join PSG I'd say the main reason would be his relationship with Leonardo and Carlo Ancelotti, with money being secondary, its not on small money as it is!

Ah but you'd always like more too ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

jamc wrote: »
    Thing about selling Ibra though is you couldn't rely on Pato to go to the shop for a pint of milk. He'd probably end up in a nightclub and pull an unknown muscle.

Such a waste of talent
    I reckon he's going to come good this season, I think he has sorted what was causing the problems and I think he'll be unstoppable if he stays fit. He's still only 22 as well, so calling him a waste of talent is a bit harsh, he has plenty of time to come good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How Silva has gone from great Brasileiro CB at Fluminense to one of the best in the world in under 4 years still amazes me. Milan have amazing coaches or Silva upped it considerably when he moved to Europe. I probably would have laughed if someone said he'd be the best in the world.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    How Silva has gone from great Brasileiro CB at Fluminense to one of the best in the world in under 4 years still amazes me. Milan have amazing coaches or Silva upped it considerably when he moved to Europe. I probably would have laughed if someone said he'd be the best in the world.

I'd say having Maldini and Nesta to train/work with for the first 6 months would have been a massive benefit to him (He joined Milan in December 2008 but couldn't be registered until July 2009 because Milan didn't have a foreign player slot free at the time).

BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea make £50 million bid for wonderkid Shevchenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Unless it's a three-way love affair I can't fathom how this kind of thing would even enter into the equation when compared to the footballing and monetary implications.

Unless it's a three-way love affair I can't fathom how this kind of thing would even enter into the equation when compared to the footballing and monetary implications.

Himself and Leonardo have been friends since before he joined Porto as a teenager and Ancelotti was his first manager at Milan. He has stated before that Ancelotti was the bets coach eh ever had.

It's irrelevant anyway.
    Milan director general Ariedo Braida has cooled suggestions that the club are about to sell Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain.

Form here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea make £50 million bid for wonderkid Shevchenko

I would like to read Torres' mind, should that be true :pac:

Aquila wrote: »
    2/10,just...

I don't care?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Milan just wiped over 500k off their weekly wage bill (Zambrotta, van Bommel, Seedorf, Gattuso, Nesta, Inzaghi, Flamini) they are also owned by one of the richest men in the world, finances aren't an issue.

But if PSG make a stupid offer, Berlusconi will accept it.

We will probably sign either Astori or Salvatore Bocchetti anyway/

Who has Flamini signed for lads,he was top class when he was with the Arsenal.

Who has Flamini signed for lads,he was top class when he was with the Arsenal.

He should have stayed at arsenal. What a midfield they would have had. Fabregas and Flamini.

Huth has signed a 3 year contract extension with Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Can hardly blame Milan for letting most of those players go, yes all good players but all old and past their best except Flamini.

Time to start again with a new generation of fresh talent I think.

Flamini hasnt left yet but he is ok 130k a week and milan have offered a new two year contract at about 45k a week but he hasnt signed yet. hes been injured most of the last 2 years. he wont get an offer that good anywhere else.

Uncomfirmed reports on twitter saying Harry has left Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

"Uncomfirmed reports" = bull**** rumour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Rumours that it's linked to Spurs accepting an offer for Luka Modric.

Reoil wrote: »
    "Uncomfirmed reports" = bull**** rumour.

Well some uncomfirmed reports turn out to be true, most don't :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thats a serious 1+1=12,000,000

What do Sky Sources have to say!?

• Advertisement

Re: Dede to Milan..
    Dedé's agent: "At the moment there are no direct talks with the Milan board."

Dedé's agent: "There has been a lot of talk in the newspapers, but no offer has been made for Dedé yet."

Dedé's agent: "Perhaps Milan are waiting to sell Thiago Silva first before they make a move."

Dedé's agent: "We have had contacts with English clubs, but not with Milan or Barça."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

-Ade- wrote: »
    What do Sky Sources have to say!?

Not quite Sky Sauces but
    Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told ESPN he has not resigned from his job at White Hart Lane after rumours suggested he had quit on Tuesday.

Speculation in the media over the weekend reiterating the crisis point over his contract talks with chairman Daniel Levy led to more suggestions on Twitter that he was ready to walk out on his club, but the Spurs boss was bullish when asked about the rumours.

Redknapp told ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned.

"This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

However it is now common knowledge, as ESPN has already revealed, that talks on Redknapp's part, with new agents hired for the specific task of negotiating an improved deal, have stalled with no offer from Spurs beyond his current contract.

That contract has just one more season to run and Redknapp has been suggesting that he should be given a new three-year deal to provide stability and continuity within the club at a crucial time, as they try to recruit new players and keep stars such as Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/155210.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

amiable wrote: »

TL;DR version: Fack ahff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Hearing reports that PSG making a double swoop for T Silva *and* Ibra for circa 80 million. This would be the saddest moment as a Milan fan since Istanbul. Depressing thing is, club isn't particularly in the position to turn offers down at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Hearing reports that PSG making a double swoop for T Silva *and* Ibra for circa 80 million. This would be the saddest moment as a Milan fan since Istanbul. Depressing thing is, club isn't particularly in the position to turn offers down at the right price.

I'd take it tbh. cannot invest in the squad at all. Ibra isnt the solution to winning CL again. Thiago silva for 48 million cannot be turned down. Cannot see the squad progressing at all without a makor change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Silvio confirmed Silva will be leaving. Tbh think we could get more for him considering demand.

If Ibra goes for mooted fee he'll have nearly amounted €200million in accumulated transfers during his career. Astonishing really.

I've seen no comment from Berlusconi anywhere, only actual quote I've seen was Ariedo Braida saying that he won't be leaving and that was this morning.

Sites were saying Galliani was in Paris This morning/afternoon despite the fact he was at Milan's offices in Via Turati.

I'd take everything being reported with a massive grain of salt until someone from Milan says anything officially.

PSG said two days ago they have no interest in Ibra and now apparently they are making a "double swoop" it's just hacks trying to fill space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Who's in for Ibra? PSG?

cson wrote: »
    Who's in for Ibra? PSG?

Apparently, despite both the manager and the sporting director saying they had no interest in him 2 days ago.

It's all bull****.

• Advertisement

DB21 wrote: »
    TL;DR version: Fack ahff

In English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

No more word on Jong Il Gwan to Newcastle it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Silvio confirmed Silva will be leaving. Tbh think we could get more for him considering demand.

If Ibra goes for mooted fee he'll have nearly amounted €200million in accumulated transfers during his career. Astonishing really.

Just think of it as 20 million per league title :cool:

No more word on Jong Il Gwan to Newcastle it seems.

In fairness a bit of patience is needed.
    No idea if this transfer will go through but these things do take time

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just think of it as 20 million per league title :cool:

It's probably PSG's "if we're not absolutely certain we'll win the league this year" gambit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

If you are Ibra, you are loving this. You've already been at Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca and AC, and now at 30 years of age, you get to spend a few years on crazy money playing in Paris, filling your boots with goals against crap French defences??

• Advertisement

AC Milan CEO Galliani has confirmed there are talks with PSG for Thiago Silva

Dani Alves linked with PSG too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looks like Thiago Silvas move to Psg is done €46 million apparently . Mad money for a centre half .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Looks like Thiago Silvas move to Psg is done €46 million apparently . Mad money for a centre half .

Probably the best CB in European, if not world, football though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Kess73 wrote: »
    Probably the best CB in European, if not world, football though.

Not doubting his quality at all .

• Advertisement
Advertisement