Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The pre-season friendly, Chelsea v PSG on 23rd June in New York should have alot of star quality on show.

Verratti is fairly promising from what I remember, a Juventus suporting buddy was hoping theyed tie up a deal for him this summer.

Even though I'm a Liverpool fan I'm considering going to this. $60 dollars for the near top tier seats though :(

Also I think its July 22nd no? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Knex. wrote: »
    That is pretty good odds in fairness. Mind me asking where you got them?

Had to ring Boylesports and they put it on for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Even though I'm a Liverpool fan I'm considering going to this. $60 dollars for the near top tier seats though :(

Also I think its July 22nd no? :p

What I meant was JULY 23rd, I was taking into consideration the 2am K/O time for us here in Ireland, of course its 22nd July state side. :o

Blatter wrote: »
    Had to ring Boylesports and they put it on for me.

At them odds its like buying money, think I'll try get on some of that if I can.

What I meant was JULY 23rd, I was taking into consideration the 2am K/O time for us here in Ireland, of course its 22nd July state side. :o

Ah that would make sense of course :o

If it was a Monday there would be no way I'd make it.

Basically, a quick check there shows me that minimum price is $60. Dunno how they can charge that much, if I wanted to go see a baseball game I could get far better seats for a third the price.

Worth going do you think? (Chelsea bias aside :D)

• Advertisement

Ah that would make sense of course :o

If it was a Monday there would be no way I'd make it.

Basically, a quick check there shows me that minimum price is $60. Dunno how they can charge that much, if I wanted to go see a baseball game I could get far better seats for a third the price.

Worth going do you think? (Chelsea bias aside :D)

If I was in the New York area I'd go anyway. I mean two big European teams only a commute away would be worth going to if you could afford it and had the time to make it. If it was any of the teams in the EPL playing another Serie A/La Liga/Ligue ! big team I'd be interested definetly.

Although I'm not sure what the current conversion rates are $60 for the cheapest seats do sound a bit steep, especially if there trying to bring more exposure for the European teams to the American market but I suppose theyed still manage to shift a large portion of those tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Samich wrote: »
    Watford have lined up Fitz Hall to replace him.
    amiable wrote: »
    Watford are in talks with One Size Fitz Hall
    I can only imagine that Watford feel that they aren't getting value for money from their medical staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
    Sky Sources: Southampton sign Nathaniel Clyne from Crystal Palace on four-year deal. #SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mido has a lot of work to do in the next month to get into shape for the Championship season!

4035196235.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Mido has a lot of work to do in the next month to get into shape for the Championship season!

4035196235.jpg

Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wow, he's still only 29. What a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

4035196235.jpg

That reminds me of Adriano from a few months ago.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDW3nppumBqtH3IWzzlt76rpf96QZZ-AxsaJJZp3SejaWoZoVV

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tale of two ex Ajax strikers on this page,one moves to PSG and the other plying his trade at Barnsley this season.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mido is a very big waste of talent, though not to the degree of Adriano of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

-Ade- wrote: »
    Mido is a very big waste of talent, though not to the degree of Adriano of course.

None of the above wasted too many burgers though...........

-Ade- wrote: »

Insane to think at the age of 22/23 he looked like he could be one of the best players in the World.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mido was shipped out of Ajax for attacking Ibra with a pair of scissors.

Mido was complaining about not playing much and Ibra laughed and said something like "whta do you expect, I am ahead of you, you don't have a chance" and Mido went mental.

Kinda all went arse ways from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Adriano is incredible. Some shot on him. Pity he's able shake his belly like a bowl full of jelly.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Mido was shipped out of Ajax for attacking Ibra with a pair of scissors.

Mido was complaining about not playing much and Ibra laughed and said something like "whta do you expect, I am ahead of you, you don't have a chance" and Mido went mental.

Kinda all went arse ways from there.

Didnt Ibra then get shipped out for having a falling out with Van Der Vaart or somethig along those lines?

• Advertisement

Didnt Ibra then get shipped out for having a falling out with Van Der Vaart or somethig along those lines?

No, he moved to Juve, who are a much bigger club because he wanted to play in Italy.

VdV did have a hissy fit because Ibra fouled him in an international match.
    Must be hard being in the shadow of a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

No, he moved to Juve, who are a much bigger club because he wanted to play in Italy.

VdV did have a hissy fit because Ibra fouled him in an international match.
    Must be hard being in the shadow of a great player.
    They made a decision to get rid of either one because of a dispute, over quite rightly, an international match, and they chose to get rid of Ibra, almost immediately.

THFC wrote: »
    They made a decision to get rid of either one because of a dispute, over quite rightly, an international match, and they chose to get rid of Ibra, almost immediately.

Well, he didn't leave until the last day of the transfer window, which was 12 days after the match, so they trained together for over a week after the game.

I'd say they weren't in a hurry to lose either but when the offer came from Juve it was just less of a headache to let him go than have to put up with the two of them fighting for the rest of the year.

And they were always going to back the club captain, from the youth system since the age of 9, starting for the national side.

Doesn't mean they made the right choice :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

West Ham have signed Maiga.

Leonardo Damiao's agents are in Milan for talks with Galliani.
    Exactly the type of player we should be after!!!
    “We talked, it was an provisional meeting. Milan seem interested and we will meet again later,” admitted one of those representatives, Vinicius Frates, to reporters later on..

From Football-Italia.net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Leonardo Damiao's agents are in Milan for talks with Galliani.
    Exactly the type of player we should be after!!!

From Football-Italia.net.

Read reports yesterday that said it would be unlikely he will move now because......................argh the name is gone! One of the other strikers has left :) Sorry I cant think of the name at all!

Oscar is going to Chelsea, if that's what you mean?
    Internacional are and always have been a seeling club, if the bid is right, he will be sold.
    Besides, they still need money to sign Ganso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Have Milan signed Simon Poulsen, Seaneh?

Oscar is going to Chelsea, if that's what you mean?
    Internacional are and always have been a seeling club, if the bid is right, he will be sold.
    Besides, they still need money to sign Ganso.

No no, I'll look for it in a minute :)

If Chelsea paying 25mil for Oscar then they have the money for Ganso already btw

:)

• Advertisement

This was the tweet from that Brazilian guy

Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

Notice that the selling of Oscar to ‪#CFC‬ & Nilmar's transfer to Al-Rayyan means it's not likely Leandro Damião leaves ‪#Internacional‬.

Nilmar was who I couldnt think of :)

I actually dont think Ganso is going to move unless its to Internacional, wouldnt be surprised to see him stay at Santos, wanting to leave and being able to leave are two different things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-believe-robin-van-1148540
    Ferguson is understood to have told footballing friends he believes van Persie will be moving to Old Trafford, despite the interest of money-bags Premier League champions Manchester City and Italian league winners Juventus.

I don't think he should be our priority at all, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we're trying to get him. I remember there was strong rumours at the start of the Summer that an Arsenal director said off the record that we had inquired about RVP and we've been linked to him pretty consistently for a while now.

I'd be very surprised if it actually happened though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll be raging at the club if they sell to either United or City. If he goes he goes abroad or else he's made see out his contract. The club has to make a stand on this and dictate matters to him. We've been dicked around by players far too often at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal for Thorgan Hazard apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

kryogen wrote: »
    This was the tweet from that Brazilian guy

Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

Notice that the selling of Oscar to ‪#CFC‬ & Nilmar's transfer to Al-Rayyan means it's not likely Leandro Damião leaves ‪#Internacional‬.

Nilmar was who I couldnt think of :)

I actually dont think Ganso is going to move unless its to Internacional, wouldnt be surprised to see him stay at Santos, wanting to leave and being able to leave are two different things

I call bullsh*t on that guys tweet. Inter never had the money to re-sign him and will probably look lower down the scale. I think they will end up being desperate with the time they have left because Damiao is almost certainly on the way out. They will probably end up with Rafael Sóbis again.

I call bullsh*t on that guys tweet. Inter never had the money to re-sign him and will probably look lower down the scale. I think they will end up being desperate with the time they have left because Damiao is almost certainly on the way out. They will probably end up with Rafael Sóbis again.

I like the cut of your jib Eli, tell me more.

• Advertisement

You could be right, would you mind elaborating your post a little for me though?

Why do you think they will not have the money?

Also, the guy may well be wrong with this tweet, but he is one of the most respected Brazilian guys out there. It would be unusual enough for a tweet of his to be outright ****e

However he doesnt mention anything from the club or anything like that, it is simply his own hypothesis on the situation now that Oscar and Nilmar are gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

THFC wrote: »

Well, he didn't leave until the last day of the transfer window, which was 12 days after the match, so they trained together for over a week after the game.

I'd say they weren't in a hurry to lose either but when the offer came from Juve it was just less of a headache to let him go than have to put up with the two of them fighting for the rest of the year.

And they were always going to back the club captain, from the youth system since the age of 9, starting for the national side.

Well I'm thankful you were there to see it all happen so I'm not confused. It must be great to be able to see into the minds of people and know what they did and why they did it. It's not like they could have figured out that Ibra is an ego maniac and it is better for the team that he goes.

How long were Ajax actually going to be able to hold on to a supreme talent like Ibra? He moved to a bigger team, same as he did when he moved to Ajax.

He was never going to stay in the Dutch league very long, and while his ego is big, he has the goods to back it up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Until it came down to picking Sneijder over him for the central mid role and... cue another hissy fit and Mr. 'only Real or Barça are good enough for me' buggers off to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Fernando Gago is rumoured to have agreed a move to Valencia from Real Madrid.

Injury prone, but apparently he has moved for a very low transfer fee- something between 4 and 5 million euro. This for a player capped almost 40 times for Argentina and who Roma fans seemed to be impressed with on loan last season.

That's also 2 of 3 of Argentina's regular central midfielders to be playing for Valencia in the new season. Could be a great transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

elefant wrote: »
    Fernando Gago is rumoured to have agreed a move to Valencia from Real Madrid.

Injury prone, but apparently he has moved for a very low transfer fee- something between 4 and 5 million euro. This for a player capped almost 40 times for Argentina and who Roma fans seemed to be impressed with on loan last season.

That's also 2 of 3 of Argentina's regular central midfielders to be playing for Valencia in the new season. Could be a great transfer.

2 years back he almost moved to ManCity for 16 Million pounds.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/01/manchester-city-gago-real-madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Maybe a trade-off for some other deal the other direction? Everyone knows what difficulty Valencia have been in...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Maybe a trade-off for some other deal the other direction? Everyone knows what difficulty Valencia have been in...

Valencia are no longer forced to sell because of debt. The current chairman has undone most of the horribly bad work of the previous guy.

Milan have held Schnakey talks with Kyriakos Papadopoulos's agent without telling Schalke, needless to say, Schalke aren't too impressed.
    Would be a good signing, but I don't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Dickerty wrote: »

They clocked up €85m from selling just 3 players [Silva, Villa and Alba] and I'd imagine they'd get a ballpark €20m for Soldado if they wanted to sell him. They're the Arsenal of La Liga tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Arsenal supposedly bid £9mil for Paulinho from Corinthians, anyone know much about him?

some stats from Soccerway:
    2012 Paulista - apps 15, goals 3
    2012 Serie A - apps 3, goals 0
    2012 Copa Libertadores - apps 14, goals 3
    2011 Paulista - apps 20, goals 3
    2011 Serie A - apps 35, goals 8

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

bump

Edit: I was in the wrong thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Would you not bump it over to the Arsenal thread? :confused:

No. he was mentioned over there & most people in it just follow arsenal & the EPL from what i gathered when arsenal are linked to different players, so they'd be just looking at stats like me.

& because there's people who post here that watch the brazilian league - well they know enough about Oscar, Ganso & the likes so why not this guy, he plays for the current champions & the copa libertadores champions so there's a good chance they've seen him play.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

bump

Sorry, watching ze golf.

Yeah he's a decent, intelligent player. Movement and linking up with other players would be the things I'd note him for. He's not at the level of Ganso, Oscar and such IMHO, but there is something there for sure to say he could go on to have a very good career.

Read a few days ago Corinthians don't want to sell and the player himself has said he'd rather stay in Brazil with them. Think it was on the FIFA website.

cson wrote: »
    They clocked up €85m from selling just 3 players [Silva, Villa and Alba] and I'd imagine they'd get a ballpark €20m for Soldado if they wanted to sell him. They're the Arsenal of La Liga tbh.

Slightly different, as at least one (Silva) and possibly 2 (Villa) didn't want to leave the club, but only had to because Valencia couldn't afford to keep them. Same was true for Albiol (who refused to kiss the Real Madrid crest when asked at his unveiling at the Bernabeu). Unlike Arsenal, Valencia were in a terrible financial position, and also unlike the likes of Fabregas, Flamini, Nasri etc. Silva, Villa, Albiol were, by most reports, perfectly happy to remain at the club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement