Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Which would make you think; if they'd kept that quartet of players La Liga may have been more than the 2 horse race it is nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think QPR have signed Junior Hoillet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

amiable wrote: »

NOOOOOOO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Really hoping the Matri to Milan rumours are just well...rumours. If he's not good enough for Juve (and he wasn't) he should definitely not be good enough for Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Really hoping the Matri to Milan rumours are just well...rumours. If he's not good enough for Juve (and he wasn't) he should definitely not be good enough for Milan.

He's not good enough for Juve, but he consistently gets 10-12 Serie A goals every season, so I'd prefer if he went somewhere other than Milan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I lol'd when I saw them.

If we wanted a player of that level we could have have kept Paloschi or Maxi Lpoez.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tad disappointed if Hoillet has indeed joined QPR. It's been off the table for awhile now I know but it'd have been nice to see him opt for the Bundesliga and Gladbach.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Tad disappointed if Hoillet has indeed joined QPR. It's been off the table for awhile now I know but it'd have been nice to see him opt for the Bundesliga and Gladbach.

He was definitely at the ground earlier today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

elefant wrote: »
    Fernando Gago is rumoured to have agreed a move to Valencia from Real Madrid.

Injury prone, but apparently he has moved for a very low transfer fee- something between 4 and 5 million euro. This for a player capped almost 40 times for Argentina and who Roma fans seemed to be impressed with on loan last season.

That's also 2 of 3 of Argentina's regular central midfielders to be playing for Valencia in the new season. Could be a great transfer.

Valencia have got him (Gago) & Sergio Canales for a total of €9 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

possibly CL football, maybe even a title bid (you'd know better about that), he's got links to germany as well i think so you'd think he view it as a good move against a team that'll probably be mid table or there about's in the PL & more money i'd think + london lifestyle.

Has to be for the money or they've told him their going to invest heavily if he goes to QPR, or he's trying to wait for a bigger PL club to come in.

Did gladbach sign anyone to replace Reus? The only player i know they've signed is Xhaka but he's not the same type

Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce the appointment of Sean O'Driscoll as the Club's new Manager

Paddy Power have QPR at 20/1 in the without the Big 6* market, they've bought well already and will continue to spend, and also have Faurlin returning from injury who's a quality player.

*includes Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Paddy Power have QPR at 20/1 in the without the Big 6* market, they've bought well already and will continue to spend, and also have Faurlin returning from injury who's a quality player.

*includes Liverpool

I don't think they'll even finish in the top half of the league. I just don't think they are good enough.
    Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce the appointment of Sean O'Driscoll as the Club's new Manager

Harsh enough on Crawley tbh.

*includes Liverpool

Faurlin is under rated IMHO
    I still can't see QPR topping that group.
    I think QPR will be happy to stay up with a bit to spare next season and build from there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

zerks wrote: »
    Valencia have got him (Gago) & Sergio Canales for a total of €9 million.

Looks a brilliant deal. Hopefully the two can stay injury-free (or in Canales case, can return from serious injury)

*includes Liverpool

Faurlin is under rated IMHO
    I still can't see QPR topping that group.
    I think QPR will be happy to stay up with a bit to spare next season and build from there again.

Newcastle weren't that far from relagation in their first season back in the prem but made a giant leap last season with a few quality value signings. QPR are going the right way with the likes of Hoilet and Fabio. Don't think there's that big a gulf in class outside the top 6 and nobody stregthening significantly. Few more signings will have them in contention, they'll start the season shorter than 20/1 for sure.

Newcastle weren't that far from relagation in their first season back in the prem but made a giant leap last season with a few quality value signings. QPR are going the right way with the likes of Hoilet and Fabio. Don't think there's that big a gulf in class outside the top 6 and nobody stregthening significantly. Few more signings will have them in contention, they'll start the season shorter than 20/1 for sure.

Fabio is meh IMHO and Hoillet looks a good player with lots of potential.
    I think Hughes will turn them in to a team very difficult to break down and beat.
    I just think once the spring comes and they are safe the foot may come off the gas.
    Cabaye, Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse were all better than signings that QPR have made so far.
    Add to that Ben Arfa returned and was like a new addition.
    I just think QPR have a bit to go to catch up with Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I can see QPR replacing Liverpool as a mid table team alright

Is that what it says on Football Manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well someone will have to as we'll be in the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Super-Rush wrote: »

Aaaaaaannnnddddd it starts!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

*includes Liverpool

I have already posted this elsewehere, but StanJames will give you 11/10 on QPR to finish ahead of both Swansea and Norwich.

Extremely good bet imo, have a fair chunk on it already. Looking like it will be my biggest season long bet at this stage

Havent checked the price today, but thats what it was when I put more on last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

kryogen wrote: »
    I have already posted this elsewehere, but StanJames will give you 11/10 on QPR to finish ahead of both Swansea and Norwich.

Extremely good bet imo, have a fair chunk on it already. Looking like it will be my biggest season long bet at this stage

Havent checked the price today, but thats what it was when I put more on last night :)

Wow that is good.

I'll get on that myself.

Wow that is good.

I'll get on that myself.

Gone 10/11 now, its been fluctuating a lot, was 4/6 at one stage, 11/10 recently, now 10/11, Hoilett transfer probably affected the price

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/second-season-syndrome-top-club

Riqulme is supposedly about to join Cruzeiro on loan and has rejected the chance to join Flamengo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Got to love Liverpool fans!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

*includes Liverpool

I think they've bought distinctly average players so far really. A few decent signings no doubt in Hoillett and Fabio on loan but nothing really to inspire much confidence that they won't be battling relegation again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »

Its Harry Harris - move on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18935349

As my dad just said when I told him this 'Its easy talk' :P

Did he also say "talk is cheap"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did he also say "talk is cheap"?

Nope,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That article is ****e on so many levels.

There is no way in the world Juve would pay ANYONE £190k (€245k) per week, there is also no way they will ever pay £28m (€36m) for anyone, let alone Suarez.

Also, if they "sell" Matri they are likely to get a handfull of peanuts and some haribo, not nearly enough to find a move for any top class striker.

Juve might sign one or the other but there is no way in hell they will sign both and neither will be more than €25m.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rennes manager Pierre Dreossi confirms club are in talks with "several foreign clubs" about Yann M'Vila and it's up to him to make choice according that Dalton lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rennes manager Pierre Dreossi confirms club are in talks with "several foreign clubs" about Yann M'Vila and it's up to him to make choice according that Dalton lad.

Was just about to post in here when I saw your post. French radio reporting that six clubs have been in contact with Rennes. 4 from England, one from Spain and one from Portugal is the radio claim.

€20m -€25m (£15m -£20m) is the figure being spoken of.

QPR, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

At least you arent claiming to be in with a chance of the title like normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Samich wrote: »
    QPR, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd maybe?
    I doubt Spurs are looking at M'Villa with Sandro, Parker and Livermore all similar players.

• Advertisement

I doubt Spurs are looking at M'Villa with Sandro, Parker and Livermore all similar players.

Good point. I reckon Man Utd would have enquired, Arsenal definitely, QPR could try with their money. Who else is there? Fulham? Everton could too if they plan on selling Fellaini or Baines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Qpr aren't loaded .
    They had there money in the last 2 windows and only signed average players .

Qpr aren't loaded .

I thought they got more money? Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways I don't think they'd have attracted the players that would have cost big money in the last 2 years anyways being a championship/promoted club.

M'Vila isn't leaving Rennes to sign for Everton or QPR.

He goes to one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal or Manchester United imo.

cson wrote: »

I didn't say he was. Wouldn't get anywhere near Barca or Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Qpr aren't loaded .

Their owners are loaded. Main guy is worth a good few hundred million, and the second owners are the Mittal family. Lakshmi Mittal is richer than Abramovich so they have the money to spend if they want too

• Advertisement

Qpr aren't loaded .

QPR are loaded but they have serious problems attracting top quality players, they have a couple though.

They are competing with Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs in London alone, never mind the likes of United and City, they have a long way to go before they will be challenging for top 4 so it is tough to attract the best players.

cson wrote: »

I'd like him at United but his discilpinary record makes me think Fergie won't go all out for him leaving Arsenal to take him. Madrid don't need him, neither do Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Didn't Wenger apparently drop all interest in him because of his attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

titan18 wrote: »
    Their owners are loaded. Main guy is worth a good few hundred million, and the second owners are the Mittal family. Lakshmi Mittal is richer than Abramovich so they have the money to spend if they want too

The Mittal family have had a stake in the club side 2007 and they've never been big spenders .

kryogen wrote: »
    I'd like him at United but his discilpinary record makes me think Fergie won't go all out for him leaving Arsenal to take him. Madrid don't need him, neither do Barca.

Regarding this part; it's never stopped them before. Same goes for City and Chelsea.

I'll be surprised if Arsenal sign him and disappointed if we do and its for >£15m. He's not worth breaking the transfer record for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement