Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Didn't Wenger apparently drop all interest in him because of his attitude?

Rumoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Mittal family have had a stake in the club side 2007 and they've never been big spenders .

Never before, but it only takes them one year to decide they want to be. QPR still have to establish themselves as a club players want to go to aswell tbf. It's also a bit different saying they're not loaded, to just not spending money. If their owners wanted, QPR could compete with anyone for transfers and wages and get the mercenaries to come to their club. They don't seem to want to go that route atm though

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

At least you arent claiming to be in with a chance of the title like normal

You live and breath gutter press such as tabloids and Sky I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

kryogen wrote: »
    QPR are loaded but they have serious problems attracting top quality players, they have a couple though.

They are competing with Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs in London alone, never mind the likes of United and City, they have a long way to go before they will be challenging for top 4 so it is tough to attract the best players.

Read this
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-18/qpr-owner-fernandes-won-t-burn-mittal-s-billions-for-sake-of-soccer-glory.html

They have no interest in blowing a fortune on big players . They seem happy to build on what they have at the moment .

These quotes stick out
    Fernandes said he won’t follow the approach of some of the league’s richest owners. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has spent about $1 billion on Manchester City since acquiring it in 2008, while Roman Abramovich’s spending of almost a billion pounds allowed Chelsea to win three league titles during his eight-year reign.

“I philosophically don’t believe that’s the way to build a football club,” Fernandes said. “It’s important to build deep structures and to build from the bottom up.”
    I don’t think if you went out and spent 100 million pounds that would guarantee success,” he said. “The squad we have is very good and just needs to be strengthened a little.”

I suppose my point should have been that Qpr are not big spenders .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

cson wrote: »
    Regarding this part; it's never stopped them before. Same goes for City and Chelsea.

I'll be surprised if Arsenal sign him and disappointed if we do and its for >£15m. He's not worth breaking the transfer record for.

Usually if it happens they sign players with massive potential to be world class.
    Then again, Alonso is pushing on.

Read this
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-18/qpr-owner-fernandes-won-t-burn-mittal-s-billions-for-sake-of-soccer-glory.html

They have no interest in blowing a fortune on big players . They seem happy to build on what they have at the moment .

These quotes stick out

I suppose my point should have been that Qpr are not big spenders .

I'd say trying to sign a player like that for a reasonable fee wouldn't really put them up there with City and Chelsea.

Xabi Alonso is only 30 and gave an absolute masterclass in the European Championships. I don't think he's going to be pushed out anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

an I the only one that thinks M'vila is a bit over rated?

really cant see him at either barca or real

Rumoured.

I heard a while back during the Euros it was that coupled with huge wage demands. Or perhaps the two go hand in hand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

redzerdrog wrote: »

You may be one of the few who's actually seen him play more than twice.

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »
    I heard a while back during the Euros it was that coupled with huge wage demands. Or perhaps the two go hand in hand.

Like I said I'd be surprised if we signed him at this stage. It was supposed to be a done deal around the time we signed Giroud so I'd well believe a fee was agreed but he couldn't agree personal terms.

Then again the situation at Arsenal appears to be that we do want to sign a couple of more players but need to clear out the high earning shades of ****e we have in Squillaci/Bendtner/Park/Arshavin/Chamakh etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've seen Yann M'Vila a couple of times, he's not worth the money that is been looked for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I dont think he's overrated, unless people rate him as good enough to start for Barca or Real. He's a good player imo, but if he's demanding high wages and has a bad attitude, he might not be worth it. Definitely good enough to start at Arsenal or United imo

I only seen him at the euros, but thought he was very poor.

You may be one of the few who's actually seen him play more than twice.

I saw Rennes play a handful of times last season alone through betting.

Overall he had a fairly meh season I know that, but there is no denying he is very talented. He'll prosper away from Rennes for sure. Much like Moussa Sissoko down at Toulouse who I'm a fan of too.
    Like I said I'd be surprised if we signed him at this stage. It was supposed to be a done deal around the time we signed Giroud so I'd well believe a fee was agreed but he couldn't agree personal terms.

Then again the situation at Arsenal appears to be that we do want to sign a couple of more players but need to clear out the high earning shades of ****e we have in Squillaci/Bendtner/Park/Arshavin/Chamakh etc.

Park is good! :)

I really do not understand the situation with him and Arsenal. I'd still gladly have him at Liverpool if he were available.

Park is good! :)

I really do not understand the situation with him and Arsenal. I'd still gladly have him at Liverpool if he were available.

Arsenal fans just don't know what Park is. Far and away the strangest signing AW has ever made. He didn't even get a chance so its hard to know what he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gökhan Töre has agreed personal terms with Rubin Kazan and now the clubs have to agree a fee which will most likely be around €4m - Then Chelsea get 50% of that. What a sh*t deal.

He could be a great player if he gets rid of that dickhead agent and focuses on football.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Gökhan Töre has agreed personal terms with Rubin Kazan and now the clubs have to agree a fee which will most likely be around €4m - Then Chelsea get 50% of that. What a sh*t deal.

He could be a great player if he gets rid of that dickhead agent and focuses on football.

Never heard of him :P

Arsenal fans just don't know what Park is. Far and away the strangest signing AW has ever made. He didn't even get a chance so its hard to know what he is.

I'm fairly confident if he was given a chance, Podolski wouldn't have been signed. Someone who can offer the versatility Park offers is such a weapon to have. Anywhere in attack he can play and do so effectively, be it either wing, leading the line/false nine or just playing behind the main striker.

I wonder if the stuff back home with the national team and the Korean army might have something on him in the sense, like he cannot play a certain amount of games or something. I remember an Asian football journo commenting on it back when he was signed by you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Was only talking about him in the Liverpool superthread earlier this week/late last week. €4m for a player of his potential is a steal imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Samich wrote: »
    I only seen him at the euros, but thought he was very poor.

and by all accounts he has had a poor domestic season aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Big news! Hunter confirms Arsenal are way ahead of any other club in a bid to land Cazorla. "If the push, he will sign

Also retweeted by Fourth Official. Not sure how reliable these guys are.

Short article here.
    Graham Hunter an English journalist and a correspondent for La Liga has confirmed Arsenal are way ahead of any other club in negotiating a deal for Santi Cazorla.

Hunter when asked on Cazorla: “This is the big story, Malaga are not paying their players or tax to the Spanish F.A.

"Clubs have been aware of this for a long time. Redknapp had a big interest and Tottenham know a lot about the player”

When asked on a destination for star player Cazorla Hunter continued: “However Arsenal are far better placed, they are further down the road, Arsenal are ahead of every club in Europe to sign Cazorla. He’d fit in perfectly at Barcelona but if Arsenal continue pushing they will sign him”

Arsenal have been quietly linked with Santi Cazorla, 27 who can play in an attacking midfield role or on either wing. Cazorla was the standout player in the Malaga side last season.

I'd have my doubts about Cazorla's ability to adapt to the EPL. Not sure about this one; definitely means Walcott is on his way if he's signed and I wouldn't be entirely happy with that. Still think there's more left in the tank in Theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'd have my doubts about Cazorla's ability to adapt to the EPL. Not sure about this one; definitely means Walcott is on his way if he's signed and I wouldn't be entirely happy with that. Still think there's more left in the tank in Theo.

Wenger would be looking to play cazorla as a AM

Carzola relished playing as an AM at various times under Pellegrini so it wouldn't be surprising if Wenger does indeed see him playing there for Arsenal.

Bit of an lesser known name, but a player that I'm shocked a bigger club has not picked up is Alain Traore whom has signed for Lorient for €3-4m from Auxerre. Would have been good option for Arsenal actually if they are looking for a CAM.

• Advertisement

Cazorla would be a great addition for Arsenal, would play AM I'd say.

Ah that's hard to say given how little I know of his current situation. As I said, there are far better defenders out there that I feel Milan given the money they are bringing in with the sales of Silva and Ibra should be looking at. Mbiwa at Montpeiller springs to mind immediately.

#ITK :pac:

Sky Italia saying Allergi has approved for the signing of Mbiwa, Milan are close to signing him for an incredible €6m and that the deal could be closed within the next few days.

Sky Italia saying Allergi has approved for the signing of Mbiwa, Milan are close to signing him for an incredible €6m and that the deal could be closed within the next few days.

Thiago who? :pac:

I know its one season but **** me thats cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/07/22/3258191/if-milan-want-yanga-mbiwa-they-must-give-us-all-the-money

• Advertisement

Nicollin said they wouldn't sell Giroud for anything less than 40M a good few months ago, so I wouldn't take what he says seriously. I think if Milan bid around 10M, they'll get the player for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Nicollin said they wouldn't sell Giroud for anything less than 40M a good few months ago, so I wouldn't take what he says seriously. I think if Milan bid around 10M, they'll get the player for sure.

Obviously I don't think what he said is true, but he'll certainly go for more than €6m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have Montpellier signed anyone to replace the disemboweling of their team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Obviously I don't think what he said is true, but he'll certainly go for more than €6m.

He has just under 11 months left on his contract, and has refused an extension. Would not be surprised if he ends up moving for that kind of money. He will be a bargain for whatever club gets him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If the player want's to leave, there isn't much the club can really do.

I don't think Milan will get him for as cheap as €6m but I think they could easily get him for less than €12 giving his contract and the fact that the player wants to leave.

Would be a nice signing.

3 or 4 more like that and I might not bomb Berlusconi's offices after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Seaneh wrote: »

I don't think Milan will get him for as cheap as €6m but I think they could easily get him for less than €12 giving his contract and the fact that the player wants to leave.

Would be a nice signing.

Definitely don't think he'll be that cheap :pac:

Seaneh wrote: »

Would be a nice signing.

Should be really chuffed if you land him. Was my no.1 choice if Skrtel was off like some in the media were saying last month. Just an all round excellent defender with great leadership skills to boot. I can see him captaining France at some point in the future.

Looks like Joey Barton is on his way to Fleetwood Town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Everton accept £1m bid from New York Red Bulls for Tim Cahill.

Paully D wrote: »
    Everton accept £1m bid from New York Red Bulls for Tim Cahill.

That's a shock. Hasn't done it in the last few years unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dempsey wrote: »
    Looks like Joey Barton is on his way to Fleetwood Town!

It's a non-story.
    “Looking forward to training with Fleetwood Town for the week. Will get a much needed sweat on.
    Still have 3 years left at QPR. Exciting times for the club, which I intended to be a part of.
    "Need to get some fitness in the meantime...Training with them will certainly help me with my short term fitness and my plan on being as fit as possible during my 12 game ban.”

bahaha, no idea why my reply has and angry face....

Samich wrote: »
    That's a shock. Hasn't done it in the last few years unfortunately :(

As a Sunderland fan I'm more than happy to see the back of him. Just need to get rid of Shola Ameobi now and we can stop going into games against Everton and Newcastle automatically 1-0 down :pac:

He'll be 33 halfway through this season, and his production was massively down last season (2 goals and 2 assists compared to his usual 8 goals and 5 assists). Probably the right time to move on for all concerned though he'll certainly be a loss for Everton in the dressing room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Tim Cahill looks set to be joining NY Redbulls for £1 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Leiva wrote: »
    Tim Cahill looks set to be joining NY Redbulls for £1 million

Surely some others would be interested in him at this price.

Anyone else think Maiga could well be an absolutely superb signing for West Ham, lads?

Newcastle were after him before Cisse but something came up in his medical and they pulled out of the deal. Both have a lot of similarities - similar build, stature and playing style. Another thing working in their favour is that players coming from Ligue 1 seem to settle right into the Premier League.

Providing there's no fitness issues the £5m fee could prove to be a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

DenMan wrote: »

unbelievable bargain if it goes through, rvp acting the maggot not so upsetting now :)

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone else think Maiga could well be an absolutely superb signing for West Ham, lads?

Newcastle were after him before Cisse but something came up in his medical and they pulled out of the deal. Both have a lot of similarities - similar build, stature and playing style. Another thing working in their favour is that players coming from Ligue 1 seem to settle right into the Premier League.

Providing there's no fitness issues the £5m fee could prove to be a bargain.

Cisse shined for a piss poor Frieburg side for a long time in a tougher league. I can't stress the piss poor part enough, plus he was very good in France before that. Maiga had the assist machine that is Marvin Martin to depend on.

I'll agree on the latter part of your comment though. It'll be interesting to see where he plays for them. Heard he failed a medical with Newcastle, shame. Scored a cracker against Montpeiller I remember seeing in highlights last season which is worth checking out.

Kuba extends his contract with Dortmund until 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Kuba extends his contract with Dortmund until 2016.

His agent connecting him to Liverpool and others clearly did the trick...

Advertisement