Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

-Ade- wrote: »
    Biggest transfer news of the summer so far. Voronin has signed for Fortuna Düsseldorf. Voromania will be running wild once again in the Bundesliga!

They signed Malezas from PAOK today too. I think that makes it TWENTY (20!) new players signed this summer for them. Hope they can stay up :).

Edit: 18 new players and 2 loan returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

amiable wrote: »
    Tommy Smith is leaving QPR
    Maybe back to Watford for a third time.... In related news, they signed Almunia today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tommy Smith is leaving QPR

Get in lad :pac:

smith1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

have I woken up in a parallel universe? he's hot property :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

theteal wrote: »

Ye, he plays on the left now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

theteal wrote: »

I think he would do great in the SPL or maybe the Championship. He is a solid squad man at Premiership level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

arsenal after carzola....think they need to focus on defenders

Newcastle sign 19yr old Curtis Good on a six year deal!!! That is a long deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

racso1975 wrote: »
    Newcastle sign 19yr old Curtis Good on a six year deal!!! That is a long deal

Any Good?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Any Good?

No idea really he was on trial with them and has played for the oz u19 team. He plays at centre back

Edit: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt. Cant believe i fell for it!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

6 years is a long contract. I know Pardew was impessed with his trial. Definitely long term thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Any Good?

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean).png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Stephen Pienaar at Finch Farm having a medical.

Has now signed.

AzJE2t9CIAAVI4l.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Roma have signed Balzaretti for €4.5m. Brilliant deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

-Ade- wrote: »
    Roma have signed Balzaretti for €4.5m. Brilliant deal.

Not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Vila and Taiwo have one out on loan to Valencia/Dinamo. Taiwo gone with a view to a permanent.

G.K. wrote: »
    Vila and Taiwo have one out on loan to Valencia/Dinamo. Taiwo gone with a view to a permanent.

Vila's loan will become permanent if he plays x amount of games.

Really liking the look of Roma's squad thus far. Have bought very well. Will be keeping a close eye on them next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Vila returns to Milano after failing medical

• Advertisement

Chelsea's De Bruyne joins Werder Bremen on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Berbatov could be heading to QPR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Berbatov could be heading to QPR

Would be an excellent signing for them. The lad scores goals.

BKC wrote: »
    Would be an excellent signing for them. The lad scores goals.

Nothing definite yet. I'm sure QPR won't be the only ones interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Rumours that Malaga are in dire straits financially and are set to sell many of their star players, as well as releasing Pellegrini because they can't afford his wages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Whats happened to all their supposed mulah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Junior D wrote: »
    Whats happened to all their supposed mulah?

nothing just the owner isn't giving out the mulah

players were unpaid, creditors unpaid too , maybe tax & that owed too i think etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Goal reporting that Inter have agreed a fee of €27 million for Lucas Moura and Krasic has left Juve for Fenerbachce for €7 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Goal reporting that Inter have agreed a fee of €27 million for Lucas Moura and Krasic has left Juve for Fenerbachce for €7 million.

Could be true, but goal.com has to be usually the least reliable of sources, they throw up any ol ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dunno about Krasic (they been trying to offload for a long time!) but
    Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

São Paulo's vice-president talked to 'Lance!', he said he isn't aware of an #Inter offer, But that a #MUFC offer wasn't good enough

that was the latest on Lucas. Doesn't sound like any fee was agreed at all, it is an odd one, the exact same figure was reported to have been rejected and accepted, and now apparently not even offered all within 12 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

elefant wrote: »
    Rumours that Malaga are in dire straits financially and are set to sell many of their star players, as well as releasing Pellegrini because they can't afford his wages...

Delighted for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Delighted for them.

Same here, hopefully someday Chelsea, City and PSG go the same way. Hate teams being used as a hobby by rich billionaires with more money than sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some Italian site reporting as breaking news that John Guidetti will join Sunderland for the year on loan for €2m with a permanent deal of €7.5m at the end of the season:

http://www.calcioblog.it/post/38825/calciomercato-esclusiva-john-guidetti-il-nuovo-ibra-verso-sunderland

Google Translate of the article. Got to laugh at the translation :pac:
    John Guidetti is at a crossroads: the much- talked-about Italian-Swedish striker , but owned by Manchester City, is about to make his decision. Considered ideally like the new Ibrahimovic (at his age but showed a less marked Zlatan look much better), will not continue in the Netherlands where he sparkled in the loan to Feyenoord. And it will not even Italy, if the suitor is called Lazio. Untrusted rather last minute items that give orbiting Naples .

His fate is actually much simpler: Premier League to prove to Roberto Mancini could one day stand alongside of Aguero and Balotelli. The agreement signed with the technician's Jesi before all Sunderland now finally out in the open with an offer of 2 million loan for the dry and another 7.5 for redemption at the end of the season. Clause, this, unwelcome but unavoidable to Mancini to send to port a deal considered useful by both parties.

In fact, this right of redemption remains under negotiation. The ask the Citizens at least 10 million, which means that it can be concluded to 8.5. The red and white, who took a similar position with the Danish Bentdner, know the rules of the transfer market and seem intent on blowing up the house for 1 million euros.

Beware though traffic entering / leaving the City in its offensive department: a fifth man of quality, without huge claims, could also put in Guidetti odor confirmed. Solution that bookmakers today, they would pay on a straight moderately high. He, meanwhile, on his official Twitter profile, SuperGuidetti , prefers to speak of other things waiting to learn his fate.

I'd be very happy with that.

Supposedly Lille have closed the door on any deal for Debuchy. I'd like to think Graham Carr is somewhere in France holding a Lille representative up against the wall screaming, "HOW MUCH???!!!??"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Helgusson has joined Cardiff from QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Paully D wrote: »
    Some Italian site reporting as breaking news that John Guidetti will join Sunderland for the year on loan for €2m with a permanent deal of €7.5m at the end of the season:

http://www.calcioblog.it/post/38825/calciomercato-esclusiva-john-guidetti-il-nuovo-ibra-verso-sunderland

There were rumours of him going to Villa for 7m too afaik

Cynegeticus on Twitter shouldn't be taken as gospel, got a fair bit wrong in the past.

Also, Guidetti would be a fantastic signing, be it on loan or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Mourinho says Sahin is free to leave.
    Maybe Wenger can get the best out of him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mourinho-sahin-free-leave-070600443--sow.html

Mourinho concluded by saying that the decision of whether Sahin stays or goes lies with the player, and that he would have no problem coaching him if he stayed.

“If he stays, he’s not a problem for me, he’s one more solution,” Mourinho said, before advising the young Turk to consider his heart and his happiness. “We leave [the situation] in his hands. Be happy. Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave we are going to help you to leave. If you decide to stay, we are going to support you and try to succeed this season.”

Didac Vila failed his medical at Valencia, gone back to Milan, needs surgery on his right thigh.

This pleases me. Milan won't be able to sell him this window and he might end up getting a few games and prove he's worth keeping.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Same here, hopefully someday Chelsea, City and PSG go the same way. Hate teams being used as a hobby by rich billionaires with more money than sense.

Why would a billionaire buy a club and not put any money into it? Would he not be the laughing stock of the oil-barons if he couldn't even pay his staff? Or was it the ultimate troll move?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Not sure if it's mentioned on here or not already, but Piennar is as good as an Everton player. Not included in the Spurs squad photo either.

confirmed yesterday. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

BBC Gossip wrote:
    Juventus have joined the growing pack of teams interested in Chelsea and Everton target 29-year-old Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »

Be a great move for ye, looks like he could be fantastic player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Why would a billionaire buy a club and not put any money into it? Would he not be the laughing stock of the oil-barons if he couldn't even pay his staff? Or was it the ultimate troll move?

Here is my very, very vague knowledge of it:
    Apparently they bought the club in order to gain a favourable reputation in the area so as they could buy/take over some land/corporation/building (I did say it was vague :p). Once that deal was done then they had no interest in the club anymore and now have no intention of investing in it.

I think it was amiable who wrote about it somewhere in the soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Have to say am very impressed with Arsenals business so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBC Gossip
    Juventus have joined the growing pack of teams interested in Chelsea and Everton target 29-year-old Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo.
    maximoose wrote: »
    :confused:

Everton are interested but can't afford him. Apply this to most transfer rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lumbo wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBC Gossip

Everton are interested but can't afford him. Apply this to most transfer rumours.

Doubt Chelsea will go for him - too old for us these days and we already have our Oscar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aquilani has joined Fiorentina.

Dixon Etuhu joins Blackburn.

zerks wrote: »
    Aquilani has joined Fiorentina.

Dixon Etuhu joins Blackburn.

Rumoured to be on a 4 year contract too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Money Laundering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Ravel Morrison's year long loan to Birmingham City should be confirmed some time today. Really not sure on this transfer, he has talent but still has not fixed his attitude. Might benefit from getting more attention in a smaller squad. Do not like either that we would be developing a player for another club while potentially affecting the development of Redmond. Hopefully the move works out, but I have my doubts

Advertisement