Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The way I look at the Allen deal is that they guy's 'true' market value would be around £12m.

Swansea are under no financial pressure to sell whatsoever so it's fair enough that they get a few extra million above his true value.

Reasonable enough deal all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Joe Allen > Liverpool, done deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Blatter wrote: »
    I agree, think Allen will turn out to be an excellent signing for Liverpool.

In other news, Lukaku has joined West Brom on a season long loan. Interested in how he gets on there.

I actually think that could be a great move. Imagine a year ago anyone saying Lukaku was going to West Brom, even for a year loan. We would have a laughed at the thought.

Can see him getting 12-15 goals for them this season.

West Brom are gonna be quite interesting to see next year, some good transfers and, with a Liverpool interest, I want to see how Clarke gets on with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Seaneh wrote: »
    He moved to Fiorentina from Roma.
    He was only on loan at city.

Yeah,but he still left City;) If I originally posted that he went from Roma,somebody would have replied "but sure wasn't he at City"

Fiorentina picking up a few players: Pizzaro,Aquilani,Matías Fernandez from Sporting & Gonzalo Rodriguez and Borja Valero from Villarreal

Lukaku on loan to West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Dempsey wrote: »
    Joe Allen > Liverpool, done deal!

must be one of the worst clause's in history swansea had with rodgers

imagine club's making offers for your best player/players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Ben Gordon has moved from Chelsea to Birmingham on a 6 month loan. Will provide cover at LB to Murphy, so will not see much game time.

Sean O'Driscoll has confirmed that Forest are in talks with Simon Cox, and a deal could be completed over the weekend. Good signing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Hmm, Wigan surely for the drop now this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Takes care of Moses for FF this season..........

Seriously though Sarge,where the hell will he fit in?the right of a 3 man front line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dahat wrote: »
    Takes care of Moses for FF this season..........

Seriously though Sarge,where the hell will he fit in?the right of a 3 man front line?

I believe he is going to be what they call, "squad depth" at Chelsea, do that gig for a couple of seasons, 3 max, then move to QPR wondering what might have been

• Advertisement

Moses will struggle to make the bench for Chelsea. Can not blame him for moving, especially when a club with Chelsea's resources come calling. However can not see him getting much game time, and can see him lasting 2 years at Chelsea before moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

front three, mata, torres AND moses/sturridge/oscar

wouldnt be unbelievable that moses would get the better of those 2...

front three, mata, torres AND moses/sturridge/oscar

wouldnt be unbelievable that moses would get the better of those 2...

There is Hazard and Marin as well. Doubt he will get a look in ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Re the Moses move; Lloyd has an excellent post summing it up from the point of view of the player - i.e. they're people too and they'd be mad to turn down the millions on offer regardless of playing time/ambition etc. One injury and that could be your career over and nevermind wondering what might have been if he ends up in QPR, it could end up what might have been full stop. I'd never begrudge any player moving for the money so long as they don't pretend otherwise.

Cant see Oscar playing in a front 3, I see him in midfield though.

You also left out Hazard, which is kind of a biggie!

First choice more then likely Hazard, Torres, Mata no?

Who is Moses gonna displace there?

Then you have Sturridge and a few others (depending on who leaves/comes in) to get through also :) Are Chelsea done in the transfer market? They wanted to sign Hulk? Will they settle for Moses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the possible Chelsea starting 11 for home PL games?

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Cahill Cole
    Ramires Lampard
    Oscar
    Mata Torres Hazard

cson wrote: »
    Re the Moses move; Lloyd has an excellent post summing it up from the point of view of the player - i.e. they're people too and they'd be mad to turn down the millions on offer regardless of playing time/ambition etc. One injury and that could be your career over and nevermind wondering what might have been if he ends up in QPR, it could end up what might have been full stop. I'd never begrudge any player moving for the money so long as they don't pretend otherwise.

I should clarify in case it came across as me being critical of him, I would do the exact same thing in his position, a footballers career is short and they can get used to quite a lavish lifestyle.

I just think he will be SWP mark II

kryogen wrote: »

Oh I agree; I was just making the point that no one should knock him career wise for making that move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

MD1990 wrote: »
    the possible Chelsea starting 11 for home PL games?

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Cahill Cole
    Ramires Lampard
    Oscar
    Mata Torres Hazard
    Hopefully not, the central midfield looks a bit week.

I love Ramires and can't stand Mikel but I'd rather him in there instead. Of course, if Essien is fit, he'd be in that role.

kryogen wrote: »
    I should clarify in case it came across as me being critical of him, I would do the exact same thing in his position, a footballers career is short and they can get used to quite a lavish lifestyle.

I'm not so sure. I mean what is his best position?
    If he play right wing\attack and can show that quickly, he may stand a chance, as at the moment, thats our weakest position.
    We only have Sturridge who doesnt like playing there and isnt very good at defending. RDm has been experimenting with Ramires there, but not entirley convinced. Oscar has shown he can play there very well and be aware of his defensive duties, and to be honest its the only way he is going to get game time with Mata and Hazard in the team. Unless he plays instead of one those two, which is entirely possible.

So make right wing his own and could be good for him

• Advertisement

I think Oscar will be pushing Lampard out of the team this season personally. Thats why I dont really factor him into the right wing subject.

Moses could make it his, of course, but I would not bet on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Every player 'pretends otherwise'. I've never heard a player say they only moved for the money etc, Antonio Cassano is probably the closest. But you will never hear Moses say that. It'll be the 'big club, ambitious, want to win things' spiel as always. A move to Chelsea from Wigan would usually be a very good one of course, however the amount of attacking talents players they have already bought renders him very much a squad player. If he's happy with that, that's fine of course. But it could be a case of wasted talent if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

No way moses will be a first choice starter at chelsea. However he will get plenty of chances because of his versatility. Mata and hazard are almost certain starters with oscar been eased in after the olympics. I would rate moses higher than marin because of his premier league experience so he really should get plenty of chances to impress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joe Allen to Liverpool for £15m and Victor Moses to Chelsea for £9m is ****ing insane to be honest.

I'm especially disappointed to see Moses go to Chelsea at that price, he'll be yet another English player that moves to a big club too early and will keep the bench warm for a few years before moving to a bottom half club, when he should be playing week in, week out. Of course he'll have more money than he can spend every week so why would he care? :rolleyes:

The Allen deal is atrocious. At the end of the day he's rarely passed a ball forwards in his Premier League career and has gone for £15m. £15m, fucking hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

opr wrote: »
    The fee is inflated but I don't think it's outrageous. I will say I'm a little bias as I really like Allen and more to the point he's exactly the type of player we need and should be a great foil/partner for Lucas.

Something which nobody ever seems to think about in these thing is wages. Allen is reportedly going to be on around a modest £40k a week. Rodgers has worked with him before and is looking to implement a similar system to Swansea so having a player he has worked with before that can hit the ground running with his ideas is invaluable. Since the manager has been able to see him at close quarters for the last few years I think he's in a better position than anyone to judge his value. He's also young with decent resale value. I also think in terms of tactical understanding he's far ahead of most of his British peers.

Guess only time will tell but I think this will end up being a great deal for Liverpool.

Opr

Jordan Henderson. lol.

Smegball!

Matt Jarvis has handed in a transfer request at Wolves.

West Brom & Forest have agreed terms over transfer of Simon Cox.

Blackpool have reported Southampton to the Premier League the Football League and the FA over an illegal approach for winger Matt Phillips.

Rumours of a £33 million bid from Manchester United for Axel Witsel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

zerks wrote: »

Rumours of a £33 million bid from Manchester United for Axel Witsel.
    I'd be very annoyed if that was the case, good player but silly money if the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

33m for Witsel will ensure no United fan can comment on Liverpool spending 15m on Allen, both are worth 10-12m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

United aren't paying £33m for Witsel. No chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

How can Barca agree personal terms with Alex Song ?

@DuncanCastles: Barca agree personal terms with Alex Song. Plan to open negotiations over transfer fee next week. #FCB #AFC http://t.co/WNq8n1gF

Leiva wrote: »

The rumours of this transfer have been around for a while,even Barca players such as Pique saying "I'd love to have Song at Barcelona"

If this goes through,I may rejig my FF team (for the 40th time)

chelsea going for the 2 players in every position i spose...

rb - ivanovic/ferreira
    lb - cole/bertrand
    cb - terry/luiz/cahill - ivanovic can do a job

dm- essien/mikel/romeu

cm - meireles/ramires/ hazard

amc -lampard /oscar/benayoun

lw - moses/mata

cf - torres/sturridge

rw - marin/malouda?

obviously versatility means guys can move around like benayoun, oscar, sturridge etc

great squad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I really can't believe barca are after Alex Song. It's like they got bored and decided to start another transfer saga with arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I really can't believe barca are after Alex Song. It's like they got bored and decided to start another transfer saga with arsenal.

Duncan Castles is very reliable IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm not saying it's not true, just can't understand why they're after him.

• Advertisement

PSG offers over 40 million for blooming Balotelli?!

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/paper-chase-aug-11-manchester-city-rejects-psg-offer-for-mario-balotelli-081112

Roberto Mancini says he will quit if he is sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

cm - meireles/ramires/ hazard
    Hazard is not a CM:rolleyes:
    he is a AM or LW

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/paper-chase-aug-11-manchester-city-rejects-psg-offer-for-mario-balotelli-081112

*Fingers crossed*

Balotelli could turn into a serious player if he matures correctly. According to Mancini, they've rejected several bids for him.

Why would ManC actually sell him, they dont need the money and they dont seem to have a player lined up to come in. So for Mancini, its needlessly weakening his squad.

id have taken the 40m for him.

spent it on llorente, or van persie or higuain or falcao

• Advertisement

Hazard is not a CM

sigh

swap him and lamps then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Sky Sports Italia claim Inter Milan are showing an interest in Arsenal's Theo Walcott, who has just a year left on his current contract.

Interesting but highly doubtful.

Leiva wrote: »

We did it with Cazorla. So sauce for the goose etc we can't complain.

That being said; the way Barcelona conduct themselves transfer wise is absolutely reprehensible. I can't think of any other club that involve the players in the mechanics of a transfer in the way they do. In contrast, look at how Gerrard conducted himself when asked about Joe Allen the other night [and that deal was done at that stage more or less] - consummate professional.

As an Arsenal fan I'd take silly money in the region of £30m [briefcases full of cash only, you can keep your Spanish Govt T-Bills] but other than that I'd point to his contract [2015] and tell them to **** off. If they want to spend that much on a back up to Busquets then more power to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

That being said; the way Barcelona conduct themselves transfer wise is absolutely reprehensible. I can't think of any other club that involve the players in the mechanics of a transfer in the way they do. In contrast, look at how Gerrard conducted himself when asked about Joe Allen the other night [and that deal was done at that stage more or less] - consummate professional.

As an Arsenal fan I'd take silly money in the region of £30m [briefcases full of cash only, you can keep your Spanish Govt T-Bills] but other than that I'd point to his contract [2015] and tell them to **** off. If they want to spend that much on a back up to Busquets then more power to them.

I see they have also rolled out some of their key players and had them name drop Song as a great player etc.

Now where did that before ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Carzola's contract had been breeched because he hadn't been paid in months, Malaga had also agreed to let the player find a new club.

Barca are just at their usual ****e of tapping other clubs players up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The tweeter #Barcastuff claims that this sort of discussion of potential players is normal in Spain. The norm is to say that "X would be a valuable addition to the squad and I would be delighted to play along side him"

no idea if it's true but maybe this sort of comment is not as bad as it seems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

greendom wrote: »
    The tweeter #Barcastuff claims that this sort of discussion of potential players is normal in Spain. The norm is to say that "X would be a valuable addition to the squad and I would be delighted to play along side him"

Their players talking about it is normal enough for europe in general but the club talking ton the player or his agent without the consent of Arsenal is bang out of order.

Their players talking about it is normal enough for europe in general but the club talking ton the player or his agent without the consent of Arsenal is bang out of order.

Clubs/Agents operating by proxy is common though, unless you catch the player and the other club's official in a room, there is very little you can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dempsey wrote: »
    Clubs/Agents operating by proxy is common though, unless you catch the player and the other club's official in a room, there is very little you can do.

Remember the Ashley Cole incident? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

greendom wrote: »

It is out of order but happens constantly, agents run transfers, not clubs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement