Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Sahin to Pool is confirmed according to Oliver Kay, Times Journalist on Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Blatter wrote: »
    Sky reporting that Modric is flying out to Madrid to complete a £22.5m deal to Real.

Lol, I'd be astonished if Levy sold for that price. That's a disgraceful offer.

Did'nt chelsea offer 40million last season:eek:, shocking deal for spurs if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

-Ade- wrote: »
    Really bugs me this myth that Song is a defensive midfielder, and at that, one of the best in the world. He isn't a DM and has shown very little so far of even replicating the discipline needed to develop into a DM, something of which many of the best ones have been noted for. Song is a CM, a box to box midfielder if people would prefer to call him that.

Arsenal playing with 3 midfielders have no out an out DM, instead all 3 rotate roles during a game. Frimpong is the only one at the club who is in the truest sense, a defensive midfielder.

Hope people don't mistake me as not rating the player, I think he is very good, but as DM? Meh. Perhaps he'll develop into a fine one, but at present, I think that would be a waste of his strengths.

He had a superb season in 08/09 playing that position but that following summer Wenger obviously told him to push on a lot more in favour of the rotation system between the three you referred to above. His stats would tend to reflect that; averaging 1 goal 1 assist per season up to the last two seasons where he was 4/2 and 1/11.
    flyswatter wrote: »
    I personally prefer this one.

Now in stock at Arsenal club store, Van Persie tea tray. Guaranteed to carry 10 mugs.

Lol. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah right, thought he was a defender for some reason. My point in the main still stands though :p

Yeah, I thought he was a fullback!

Hadn't really thought of Song in the way that you posted, but it does make a lot more sense now that I think about it.

Arteta played just as "deep" as Song last season and he wouldn't be regarded as a DM either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Sky reporting that Modric is flying out to Madrid to complete a £22.5m deal to Real.

Lol, I'd be astonished if Levy sold for that price. That's a disgraceful offer.

But I thought Levy was so good at this? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

amiable wrote: »
    But I thought Levy was so good at this? ;)

Well he still might be :p I'll need to see that price confirmed or at least backed up by a few reputable sources before I believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'd be astonished if Spurs were to let Modric go for as little as £22m, particularly to a club as wealthy as Real. I'm also surprised Spurs didn't go after Sahin + cash in exchange for Modric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I hope it's true, what an idiot.

At least, from a Spurs perspective, they're not greatly strengthening a direct rival... but they could have bought a world class replacement with the extra £17 mill and still had £23 mill left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'd be astonished if Spurs were to let Modric go for as little as £22m, particularly to a club as wealthy as Real. I'm also surprised Spurs didn't go after Sahin + cash in exchange for Modric
    Sahin is only available on loan from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Am I the only one in here who thinks Luka Modric is overrated? He really died a death and went on the missing persons list for the second half of Spurs season last year [along with a good whack of their team too mind you].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What kind of player is sahin? Never saw him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

cson wrote: »
    Am I the only one in here who thinks Luka Modric is overrated? He really died a death and went on the missing persons list for the second half of Spurs season last year [along with a good whack of their team too mind you].
    I think he's a good, crafty player but don't think he's worth the money Spurs were holding out for - the price Real are paying is fair enough I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

JPA wrote: »
    What kind of player is sahin? Never saw him play.

He's got a sublime leftfoot and a great eye for a pass. Gerrard with a brain only not quite as explosive.

That's my very simply summary of him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Modric fee, according to SSN, £23.6 up front with £3.9 in future addons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

cson wrote: »

His performances at the Euros, particularly against xavi and co, really caught the eye of Madrid I bet. I think he's top class and the reported more reasonable fee is a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ajax and dutch wing forward Narsingh on the verge of signing for Newcastle for 6 - 7 million, savage business again by that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ajax and dutch wing forward Narsingh on the verge of signing for Newcastle for 6 - 7 million, savage business again by that team.
    Think you will find Narsingh plays for PSV and only moved from Heerenveen this summer!!!! :confused:

Ape X wrote: »
    Sahin is only available on loan from what I can see.

True, but that was to Arsenal/Liverpool. Given they want Modric, Spurs could insist on a permanent deal for Sahin

Think you will find Narsingh plays for PSV and only moved from Heerenveen this summer!!!! :confused:

Your right, I got mixed up with Anita

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/vurnon-anita-undergoing-newcastle-medical-after-ajax-agree-to-67m-transfer-8050214.html

• Advertisement

Bild claiming Javi Martinez off to Bayern for €40m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bild claiming Javi Martinez off to Bayern for €40m.

Crazy money, fair play to Bilbao for holding out for it.

Seems the report originates from Mundo Deportivo, who claim Bayern announced the deal via their facebook page - Not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Heard, he took a paycut of 2 million as well. Athletic must be a dive, since himself anf probably Llorente are leaving :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Heard, he took a paycut of 2 million as well. Athletic must be a dive, since himself anf probably Llorente are leaving :mad:

people reckon their leaving as they've no hope of winning anything in spain because of real & barca

Seems the report originates from Mundo Deportivo, who claim Bayern announced the deal via their facebook page - Not true.

I don't think there's a hope in hell of any Bayern fan believing any official club facebook announcement regarding a major signing after the debacle last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

A lot of German sources now reporting it based on SID (Sport-Informationsdienstes) reports, and seems very credible.

Would be a great signing IMO, if a bit on the expensive side. But he is young, and was willing to sacrifice a good chunk of his Salary to move to Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:confused:

Or they just want to compete for the highest honours, and unless Real or Barca want them, they aren't going to achieve that in La Liga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Javi Martinez is a great signing for Bayern if the reports are true.

:confused:

Or they just want to compete for the highest honours, and unless Real or Barca want them, they aren't going to achieve that in La Liga.

Let's put it this way, they are Basques and should be proud, playing for Athletic. Some people see them as traitors. A mate of mine from Germany, who is a Basque himself, burnt his Athletic jersey after Martinez left.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Not sure if it's true or not but one of my friends told me they did a poll asking the Athletic fans would they rather buy the best talent from around the world and win the league or only use players from the basque region and get relegated, over 70% said they would rather use only Basque players and get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

From the Gaurdian
    Arsenal confirm deal has been agreed with Manchester United for transfer of Robin van Persie. Story to follow …

All heating up in the transfer market

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's true or not but one of my friends told me they did a poll asking the Athletic fans would they rather buy the best talent from around the world and win the league or only use players from the basque region and get relegated, over 70% said they would rather use only Basque players and get relegated.

It is true. I heard about the same poll.

"Manchester United agrees £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. Dutch striker will sign a 4 year contract with Red Devils after passing the medical."

-Soccerway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That just seems incredibly stupid by Arsenal. I can't believe they couldn't get Barca or some other team in another country to take RVP. It'd be worth getting 10% less cash to not strengthen a direct rival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It's official now, arsenal are a full feeder club for manchester and spanish clubs. Selling your best players is ridiculous if you want to compete at the top, selling to direct rivals is basically saying that you have no intention of competing for trophies.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Awkward..

A0XARzjCEAAGBiL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

£24m for an injury prone 29 y/o with 1 year left on his contract and has no intention of renewing his contract despite investing in players. Arsenal will be better off in the long run imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It's official now, arsenal are a full feeder club for manchester and spanish clubs. Selling your best players is ridiculous if you want to compete at the top, selling to direct rivals is basically saying that you have no intention of competing for trophies.

As an Arsenal fan that is sadly looking to be the case. This deal is sickening, they better have somebody else lined up before August 31st or I can see a lot of unrest with the fans.

I wonder what the chances of City doing a last minute Utd/Berba-esq swoop for RvP are. Would certainly make the Utd thread cracking read :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Piers Morgan meltdown is the best thing about this transfer.

Let's put it this way, they are Basques and should be proud, playing for Athletic. Some people see them as traitors. A mate of mine from Germany, who is a Basque himself, burnt his Athletic jersey after Martinez left.

there's other clubs/fans in the basque region that hate athletic club

martinez is from navarre & signed from osasuna

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    there's other clubs/fans in the basque region that hate athletic club

martinez is from navarre & signed from osasuna

From what I heard, there is some rivalry in the Basque region, but no real hatred against Athletic. The 'Franco-clubs' (especially Athletico Madrid) get all the hatred, so I was told by my mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Official: Juventus have signed Fernando Llorente for €35m.

http://www.juventus.host22.com/fernando+llorente+juventus+eng+news+15agosto2012.html

Fake site is fake.

Fake site is fake.

Ha, one of the more reliable transfer feeds got roped in by it, which in turn roped me in:pac: Never again...:p

From what I heard, there is some rivalry in the Basque region, but no real hatred against Athletic. The 'Franco-clubs' (especially Athletico Madrid) get all the hatred, so I was told by my mate.

You mean Real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

LiamoSail wrote: »
    You mean Real?

No Atletico were a military team at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Awkward..

A0XARzjCEAAGBiL.png

Praying he is a man of his word.

i was under the impression that because athletic club regularly take the best young players from the other clubs in the region they're not liked at all by the fans of the others, that coupled with the fact they are the biggest/most successful club

also because of this they're not supposed to be the representation of the basque's as a whole, as is often made out.

did Franco not support real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Don't know how reliable this is but Sahin is off to Liverpool because Mourinho was happy for him to develop under Rodgers for a year and Liverpool were the only club prepared to take him without an option to buy.

It's a good move for Sahin because he'll play week in week out and he's obviously going to get his chance at Real Madrid next season. Some Turkish paper reported that he favours a move to Arsenal but Liverpool are willing to cover most of €80,000 p/w salary.

On twitter I saw that this whole Sahin to Liverpool deal stems from Mourinho talking about Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers today.

In other words everybody is just guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How many of the Sahin droolers have actually seen him play I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Xavi6 wrote: »
    How many of the Sahin droolers have actually seen him play I wonder.

Is that the best you have?
    It seems a common argument you use.
    I've seen him plays lots because I like watching The Bundesliga.
    Liverpool seem to be signing a really good player for what seems a good deal and you still try to have a dig.
    Change the fcukin record

Advertisement