Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Weren't top 4? Yorke and Cole were. Ole was the super sub not top 4 but still. To say both Yorke and Cole weren't top four is nuts. Pure bonkers.

In Europe? They were certainly in the PL, can only think maybe Fowler, Bergkamp and Shearer at the time, and possibly maybe Owen, could have matched them. Might be missing someone there though.

In Europe the likes of Raul, Ronaldo, Crespo, Van Nistelrooy, Makaay, and Batistuta, who was still knocking them in at that stage, could all be rated higher. There's definitely a case for more that I'm missing.

Anyway, its all subjective, was only bringing up as a post filler rather than an 'Us against Ye' type scenario that you seem to be thinking I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia have rejected a 30million offer from Spurs for Roberto Soldado.

Soldado has also stated he has no desire to leave the club.

I think 30mill would have been a good deal for him, but I like the message it sends out that Valencia are no longer a selling club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

elefant wrote: »
    I think 30mill would have been a good deal for him, but I like the message it sends out that Valencia are no longer a selling club.

Jordi Alba called; its for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Every clubs a selling club when Madrid or Barca come knocking. I'm fairly shocked they turned down 30mill for Soldado, and even more shocked spurs are have bid that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Valencia have rejected a 30million offer from Spurs for Roberto Soldado.

Soldado has also stated he has no desire to leave the club.

Why don't they bid for Llorente with that kinda money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Oussama Assaidi just signed for Liverpool in one of the most under the radar signings I have seen in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-deal-for-winger

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

The 24-year-old, who has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie, will now undergo a medical at Melwood.

Assaidi has represented his native Morocco 22 times since making his international debut in February 2011.

One of the highlights of his young career came in a 6-2 win over FC Twente in 2010 when he scored a hat-trick and assisted the other three goals.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Oussama Assaidi just signed for Liverpool in one of the most under the radar signings I have seen in years.

I'd say he's on small wages too Kess?

amiable wrote: »
    I'd say he's on small wages too Kess?

Would say so. Might turn out to be handy cover that has the ability to surprise us all and go after a first team spot before the season is out.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Jordi Alba called; its for you!

The club sold him because his contract was expiring, not because the money was needed.

The club sold him because his contract was expiring, not because the money was needed.

To be fair I sincerely doubt Spurs bid 30 million for Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would say so. Might turn out to be handy cover that has the ability to surprise us all and go after a first team spot before the season is out.

21 grand a week they are saying

Same with RVP and Arsenal.

We're a selling club and so are Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Spanish journalist on Talk Sport has said that Tello will be staying in Barcelona and that Mourinho will ensure that Sahin will play on loan for Liverpool next year.

30 million euro. It's reported on numerous news sites.

• Advertisement

30 million euro. It's reported on numerous news sites.

I didn't say it wasn't 30 million euro.
    It can be reported on caughtoffside, goal, tribal football and the Daily Mail website and be considered numerous websites.
    I still sincerely doubt Spurs have bid 30 million euro for Soldado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

So Sahin to Liverpool is only a 1 year loan? Not much point unless there is an option to buy... If he plays well Real will either want him back or want a fortune for him. Good stop gap though

Are Wolves mad? Turning down 9.5 million for Jarvis, averageness personified and mad money for Fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I can't believe that either ... First time I'm hearing him linked to us and we don't have that kind of cash to blow on one player

I didn't say it wasn't 30 million euro.
    It can be reported on caughtoffside, goal, tribal football and the Daily Mail website and be considered numerous websites.
    I still sincerely doubt Spurs have bid 30 million euro for Soldado

Fair enough, I'm just saying what I've read.

And it's on eurosport, football365, espn, superdeporte and numerous others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

JPA wrote: »

Why don't they bid for Llorente with that kinda money?

Cause there is no chance he'd join them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Are Wolves mad? Turning down 9.5 million for Jarvis, averageness personified and mad money for Fletcher.

It is strange that they only sold Kightly for 2.5 million as well, when Kightly is just as good as Jarvis. It seems Wolves have no financial difficulties so I can perfectly understand why they are holding out for as much as possible.

Fair enough, I'm just saying what I've read.

And it's on eurosport, football365, espn, superdeporte and numerous others.

None of those websites would change my opinion.
    You'll often find several of those websites will have the same source

Playboy wrote: »
    So Sahin to Liverpool is only a 1 year loan? Not much point unless there is an option to buy... If he plays well Real will either want him back or want a fortune for him. Good stop gap though

There have been rumors of an option to buy but I suppose Liverpool need to get the initial deal completed first :)

Dickerty wrote: »
    Cause there is no chance he'd join them?

Don't think it's that unrealistic TBH. His only other offers maybe from Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    It is strange that they only sold Kightly for 2.5 million as well, when Kightly is just as good as Jarvis. It seems Wolves have no financial difficulties so I can perfectly understand why they are holding out for as much as possible.

Kightly spent over 2 years of Wolves 3 seasons in the Prem largely injured and finding fitness.

mike65 wrote: »
    Kightly spent over 2 years of Wolves 3 seasons in the Prem largely injured and finding fitness.

Forgot about his injuries. Still think they should have hung on to him, was great for them last time in the Championship.

Sam Hutchinson has moved on a season long loan from Chelsea to Forest. Good move for both parties. Not sure if he will get game time but hope all works out well for him after his injury hit career.

In other Chelsea news, BBC Sport are linking Connor Clifford with a loan move to Portsmouth. Seems a bit strange, I have never seem in play but from what I hear he is highly rated so I thought he could have found a Championship club or a least a more stable League 1 side to move to. At least he should be guaranteed game time with Pompey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Gods knows when Assaidi said this quote but not a nice thing to hear none the less.
    Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
    Assaidi: "I don't want to go abroad, but remain with my family in Amsterdam. I never hid my desire to play for Ajax." Sums up his character.

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule
    Don't be surprised if Assaidi uses Liverpool as a 'stepping stone'. Mino Raiola is his agent after all.

Sam Hutchinson has moved on a season long loan from Chelsea to Forest. Good move for both parties. Not sure if he will get game time but hope all works out well for him after his injury hit career.

In other Chelsea news, BBC Sport are linking Connor Clifford with a loan move to Portsmouth. Seems a bit strange, I have never seem in play but from what I hear he is highly rated so I thought he could have found a Championship club or a least a more stable League 1 side to move to. At least he should be guaranteed game time with Pompey.

He'll definitely start anyway; I read somewhere recently that Portsmouth only had 6 registered players.

I hope it was worth the FA Cup they won for Pompey fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

TheTownie wrote: »
    Gods knows when Assaidi said this quote but not a nice thing to hear none the less.

I don't get it? Apparently he turned Ajax down yesterday. Though there are conflicting reports that Ajax pulled the deal because his wage demands were too high.

TheTownie wrote: »

I don't get it? Apparently he turned Ajax down yesterday. Though there are conflicting reports that Ajax pulled the deal because his wage demands were too high.

Wages in the Dutch league are very low so his wage demands could have been very reasonable for a PL club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Weren't top 4? Yorke and Cole were. Ole was the super sub not top 4 but still. To say both Yorke and Cole weren't top four is nuts. Pure bonkers and it shows a great lack of understanding and bias.

Try reading what is said before having a hissy fit, Knex said individually they weren't the top 4 he never said Yorke and Cole weren't part of the Top 4 but to say the other two were is plain wrong.

Individually they were. Try reading what i said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Wages in the Dutch league are very low so his wage demands could have been very reasonable for a PL club.

Apparently he is on 21,000 a week. Was on 7,000 a week in Holland.

Kyle Bartley to Swansea, confirmed by the player. And Javier Garrido to Norwich, confirmed by club. 2 good additions, strengthening the existing teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Still only 20. It feels like he's being tipped as the next big thing for ages.

He's spent a fair bit of the last two seasons on loan in League One, could just be taking his time to adapt to senior football.

RVP having his Man United medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I see boyle sports have a special for all arsenal fans....if they bring in the van persie jersey they get a 23 euro bet!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

racso1975 wrote: »
    I see boyle sports have a special for all arsenal fans....if they bring in the van persie jersey they get a 23 euro bet!!!!

What about the burnt remains, tenner special? :p

• Advertisement

Joey Barton has signed for Marseille on a one year loan deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What happens with his ban so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What happens with his ban so ?

It will kick in the next time he is registered for a competitive game within the auspices of the FA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

racso1975 wrote: »
    Why 23?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

With Stephane Mbia moving to the Rs apparently.

He any use? :confused:

Squelchy wrote: »

Great deal for QPR if true.

Get rid of a player who is more ego than performance, and replace with a physically powerful player who will work his arse off and who has the talent to go with the workrate.

Not like for like in terms of position, but a very good deal if it comes about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A player as cultured as Barton in a country like France. This won't end well :pac:
    Squelchy wrote: »

Very, very good player from what I've seen of him.

QPR must be pissing themselves laughing dumping Barton in another country for a season and getting Mbia in.

The deal is good news for the whole of English football really as it means we won't have to listen to that clown for a season at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kerlon, also known as the seal dribble guy, has signed with Fujieda MyFC of the Japanese Football League (3rd tier). That's some fall from where he was a few years ago :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

haha, used to be a wonderkid in FM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

PS - I also remember a referee in Brazil sending him off for his own protection!!

Was getting kciked so much doing that seal dribble thing that the ref sent HIM off. haha. Crazy brazilians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

This Marseille fan is not too happy about it!

A0cwvyACYAA1yv0.jpg:large

• Advertisement
Advertisement