Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Kerlon, also known as the seal dribble guy, has signed with Fujieda MyFC of the Japanese Football League (3rd tier). That's some fall from where he was a few years ago :(.

Absolutely riddled with injuries for the last few years I think.

Seal dribble:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kerlon, also known as the seal dribble guy, has signed with Fujieda MyFC of the Japanese Football League (3rd tier). That's some fall from where he was a few years ago :(.

beyond ****e at inter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ganso back for Santos tonight despite his reps saying he'll never wear the jersey again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Ganso back for Santos tonight despite his reps saying he'll never wear the jersey again.

And scoring. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

ssn - qpr have signed bosingwa, ex chelsea rb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eyebrow count +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Gazetta are saying Gaston Ramirez is off to Southampton. Not Liverpool or Spurs - Southampton. 50K a week, obviously a lot more than Spurs offered, since that's why their talks broke down (according to his agent).

Money talks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Will anyone be signed before noon so they can be used this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Eyebrow count +1

Yep good luck to Browswinga :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dickerty wrote: »
    Gazetta are saying Gaston Ramirez is off to Southampton. Not Liverpool or Spurs - Southampton. 50K a week, obviously a lot more than Spurs offered, since that's why their talks broke down (according to his agent).

Money talks...

Gastón Ramírez to Corriere dello Sport—"Southampton are newly promoted to the Premier League but we will become a big team in years to come"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Sky Sports running the Gaston to Southampton story (£11.8million).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/7997121/Saints-agree-record-deal

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

dahat wrote: »
    Gastón Ramírez to Corriere dello Sport—"Southampton are newly promoted to the Premier League but we will become a big team in years to come"

Translated as "Southampton paid me more and told me to say this"

Sahin seems destined for the gunners now, would imagine they stepped up interest to appease the fans after losing RVP, wonder will it still be a loan deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Sahin seems destined for the gunners now, would imagine they stepped up interest to appease the fans after losing RVP, wonder will it still be a loan deal

I find it hard to believe that they didn't move quicker, they must have known that he'd go at some point.

It's like Spurs holding up the Modric deal to find a replacement - cause you didn't know he was going to leave, no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lot of money for Southampton to pay .
    Wonder would they have been better of investing in their defence .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Eyebrow count +1

Bosingwa apparently once tried to raise his eyebrow. It didn't end well, he was out for six months.
    Carlo had this to say about the injury.

Daily Mail also running the story about Bosingwa to QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

dahat wrote: »

Where is the Sahin stuff coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Soups123 wrote: »
    Where is the Sahin stuff coming from?

People on twitter (yes, I know) are rowing back in England at least about Sahin to LFC. Arsene just said in his press conference that he's following Sahin, which is more than he normally says about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Lot of money for Southampton to pay .
    Wonder would they have been better of investing in their defence .

The defence is the one area everyone knows needs improving so I'm sure its something they are working towards. There seems to be plenty of money too so it shouldn't be a problem. When Ramirez signs that will take spending on transfers to £25m, plus the Times are reporting a £6m bid has gone to Blackpool for Matt Phillips, plus the £15m new training facility being built. The days of the Saints barely keeping their heads above water financially are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BBC have signed Harry Redknapp & Mick McCarthy.

City meeting with De Rossi's agent today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Key word here. Aparently deal to Liverpool looks all but dead. Arsenal now the favourites to land him.

According to German media, not English.
    amiable wrote: »
    Apparently? Ok
    Dickerty wrote: »
    What media are you reading? Because the English (closest to the buying club), the Spanish (selling club) and the Turkish (his home country) all have him locked down to go to Liverpool, expecting word today.

But let's see...

Doesn't pay to jump the gun. I only added what I read from what I was sent.

From what I was told it was always Arsenal in the driving seat, and rumours fom Mourinhos comments lead the media to jump on Liverpool signing. He would gain more experience at Arsenal which would be better for his development. I'd sooner have my player playing in a title challenging team and CL experience to 'doing a mate a favour'. Jose isn't an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

zerks wrote: »
    BBC have signed Harry Redknapp & Mick McCarthy.

Why did they let Lee Dixon go? Much better then the other 3 (Hansen, Lawro & that Geordie Gobs****).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Lumbo wrote: »
    Why did they let Lee Dixon go? Much better then the other 3 (Hansen, Lawro & that Geordie Gobs****).

dixon went to itv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dixon went to itv

No loyalty in football any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Paully D wrote: »
    A player as cultured as Barton in a country like France. This won't end well :pac:

It's Marseille ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed, if there is a place he should feel at home its the most dodgy city in France.

I can't believe Ramirez is heading for Soton.

• Advertisement

Doesn't pay to jump the gun. I only added what I read from what I was sent.

From what I was told it was always Arsenal in the driving seat, and rumours fom Mourinhos comments lead the media to jump on Liverpool signing. He would gain more experience at Arsenal which would be better for his development. I'd sooner have my player playing in a title challenging team and CL experience to 'doing a mate a favour'. Jose isn't an idiot.

Firstly, i didn't jump the gun. I have never said he will sign or it was a done deal.

Secondly, ''From what I was told''...... Haha ITK

mike65 wrote: »
    Indeed, if there is a place he should feel at home its the most dodgy city in France.

I can't believe Ramirez is heading for Soton.

Surely proves he was never a target for Rodgers

Regardless of that I just can't believe he's going there!

It's Marseille ;)

The Limerick of the Med...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seaneh wrote: »

More like the Tallaght of Europe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You get a quite spectacular view of Marseille as you drive towards it on the motorway as you come through the mountains. It has dodgy areas (ok large dodgy areas) but it's an amazing city too. I'm sure Barton will find a villa on a hillside looking over the med somewhere. I doubt he'll ever mistake it for Limerick or Tallaght ;)

greendom wrote: »
    You get a quite spectacular view of Marseille as you drive towards it on the motorway as you come through the mountains. It has dodgy areas (ok large dodgy areas) but it's an amazing city too. I'm sure Barton will find a villa on a hillside looking over the med somewhere. I doubt he'll ever mistake it for Limerick or Tallaght ;)

I actually quite like Marseille, it's a nice city, but yeah, it has a reputation for stabbings. which is what I was hinting at :P

I'd say he will find his way 30 minutes east to Cavalaire with all the other English :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

haha, used to be a wonderkid in FM!

Another wonderkid on the move. Kermit Erasmus could be venturing back in to European football with Helsingborgs. They have till Monday night to sign him.

From talksport

Clint Dempsey has told Martin Jol that he wants to leave Fulham.

The American has been linked with a summer move to Liverpool, but the Reds are yet to make a bid.

It's unknown whether the 29-year-old has handed in a formal transfer request but Fulham have used their official twitter feed to confirm that Dempsey wants away from the Cottagers.

The former New England Revolution playmaker has been dropped from Fulham's squad to play Norwich.

A statement read: "Martin Jol confirms Clint Dempsey wishes to leave the Club.

Martin Jol said: "If we get the right price for Clint we will sell him. If not, he will stay. We have money to invest, but only in the right players
    Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120817/dempsey-tells-fulham-i-want-leave-178861#wESu7KyJ1oGmaIKx.99

I actually quite like Marseille, it's a nice city, but yeah, it has a reputation for stabbings. which is what I was hinting at :P

I'd say he will find his way 30 minutes east to Cavalaire with all the other English :P

Then my Tallaght comment would probably be more accurate then if stabbings are what you are going by:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Nuri Sahin has the German citizenship as well (since May 2011, afaik), he played for decades with Borussia Dortmund, incl. youth academy level, that's why he is in the focus of the media in Germany.

I wouldn't mind him going back to Dortmund, since Kagawa left, they are quite mediocre :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind him going back to Dortmund, since Kagawa left, they are quite mediocre :rolleyes:

Give them a chance to start the season, he's only gone 2 months! :p

cson wrote: »
    Give them a chance to start the season, he's only gone 2 months! :p

Righteo, we talk again in another 2 months, when Borussia is nailed in nowhereland of the Bundesliga-table ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

You'll be fine with Goetze and Lewandowski ;)

You lot signed Marco Reus too right? Not a fear of yis!

cson wrote: »
    You'll be fine with Goetze and Lewandowski ;)

You lot signed Marco Reus too right? Not a fear of yis!

Yeah, if he doesn't leave for the EPL ;)

And Marco Reus? Well...he was born in Dortmund, went to the Youth Academy and is as much as a threat as a 90 year old on crutches :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Nuri Sahin has the German citizenship as well (since May 2011, afaik), he played for decades with Borussia Dortmund, incl. youth academy level, that's why he is in the focus of the media in Germany.

Decades?! It's Sahin not Sammer!

GymJim wrote: »
    Decades?! It's Sahin not Sammer!

Sammer was a player for 5 years, plus 4 years as a coach. Sahin was a player for 10 years (okay, it includes a 1 year loan spell with Feyenoord Rotterdam). Maybe 'decades' was a bit exaggerated, but he grew up in the region of Dortmund ;)

Firstly, i didn't jump the gun. I have never said he will sign or it was a done deal.

Secondly, ''From what I was told''...... Haha ITK

No need to get narky. I never said you said he had signed but you were quick to reply with a sarcy reply, as above.

Is this not an open forum? I just added what I have been told by someone who was following the transfer rumours surrounding Sahin, which turns out to be looking like a true statement.

No need to get narky. I never said you said he had signed but you were quick to reply with a sarcy reply, as above.

Is this not an open forum? I just added what I have been told by someone who was following the transfer rumours surrounding Sahin, which turns out to be looking like a true statement.
    Doesn't pay to jump the gun. I only added what I read from what I was sent

I laugh and it's narky?
    The irony you mention open forum to me when you question people who post in the Man City thread.
    I also fail to see where my post can deem it to not be an open forum.
    You accused me of jumping the gun.

I laugh and it's narky?
    The irony you mention open forum to me when you question people who post in the Man City thread.
    I also fail to see where my post can deem it to not be an open forum.
    You accused me of jumping the gun.

I had apologised for how the conversation went in the City thread.

'Jumping the Gun' reffered to the quick reactions that were made to laugh of my post, when I was only trying to add to the thread.

I had apologised for how the conversation went in the City thread.

'Jumping the Gun' reffered to the quick reactions that were made to laugh of my post, when I was only trying to add to the thread.

I made several points but you won't or fail to address them.
    I didn't laugh I merely pointed out ''apparently'' just like you pointed out ''seem'' in my earlier post. I guess it was you that jumped the gun after all. Carry on though. You are good at this.

Any more ITK info?

I made several points but you won't or fail to address them.
    I didn't laugh I merely pointed out ''apparently'' just like you pointed out ''seem'' in my earlier post. I guess it was you that jumped the gun after all. Carry on though. You are good at this.

Any more ITK info?

I pointed out seem as an addition not to belittle your post. You took it personally and replied with a sarcy reply as you have admitted.

Sorry, I don't get the meaning of the statement highlighted.

Why are you refering to 'ITK' constantly?

I pointed out seem as an addition not to belittle your post. You took it personally and replied with a sarcy reply as you have admitted.

Sorry, I don't get the meaning of the statement highlighted.

Why are you refering to 'ITK' constantly?

It's in plain in English in an open forum as you said so I'm not going to spell everything out for you.

Get a room. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

gaston ramirez looks to be heading to Southampton,thats a big coup for them especially with rumoured interest from Liverpool and Spurs.

Advertisement