Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

If they sign De Rossi I can see them playing him as a part of a back 3 like we seen Italy do in the Euros .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If they sign De Rossi I can see them playing him as a part of a back 3 like we seen Italy do in the Euros .

He won't sign unless he's told he'll be playing in midfield.

Also, they will have to pay big money for him, where as, 3 months ago they could have got him for free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Seaneh wrote: »
    He won't sign unless he's told he'll be playing in midfield.

Also, they will have to pay big money for him, where as, 3 months ago they could have got him for free...

Seems its not as straight forward as all that

There are conflicting reports in Italy as to whether or not Daniele De Rossi and Roma are willing to accept Manchester City’s £35m offer.
    Several newspapers suggested the midfielder was not eager to join Mario Balotelliat Eastlands and would reject the transfer worth €55m.

This morning La Gazzetta dello Sport claims De Rossi has already given the all-clear to the move, which would almost double his current €6m per season wages on a four-year contract.

It is reported that manager Roberto Mancini made a personal phone call to De Rossi in order to sell him on the switch to the Premier League.

On the other hand, Il Messaggero maintains the ‘Future Captain’ is not interested in Manchester and would prefer to join a club from London, Madrid or Paris if he really did have to leave his hometown.

Agent Sergio Berti was in Manchester this week, though it’s not clear if he was there to discuss De Rossi or his other client Aleksandar Kolarov.

Roma director Walter Sabatini was adamant the World Cup winner is “worth €100m,” but the club has already sold or loaned out 43 different players this summer.

The fans are expected to stage a protest this evening at the StadioOlimpico when Roma play their first home game of the season, a friendly against ArisSalonika.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Kevin Mirallas signs for Everton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19265336

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Song to Barca,good player but he wont get near that team.He could have gonr to any number of teams where he would have been a starter,suppose he is happy to sit on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

yabadabado wrote: »
    Song to Barca,good player but he wont get near that team.He could have gonr to any number of teams where he would have been a starter,suppose he is happy to sit on the bench.

Barca have a small squad and rotate quite often. He'll get plenty of game time as he offers cover for both DM and CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Seems its not as straight forward as all that

There are conflicting reports in Italy as to whether or not Daniele De Rossi and Roma are willing to accept Manchester City’s £35m offer.
    Several newspapers suggested the midfielder was not eager to join Mario Balotelliat Eastlands and would reject the transfer worth €55m.

This morning La Gazzetta dello Sport claims De Rossi has already given the all-clear to the move, which would almost double his current €6m per season wages on a four-year contract.

It is reported that manager Roberto Mancini made a personal phone call to De Rossi in order to sell him on the switch to the Premier League.

On the other hand, Il Messaggero maintains the ‘Future Captain’ is not interested in Manchester and would prefer to join a club from London, Madrid or Paris if he really did have to leave his hometown.

Agent Sergio Berti was in Manchester this week, though it’s not clear if he was there to discuss De Rossi or his other client Aleksandar Kolarov.

Roma director Walter Sabatini was adamant the World Cup winner is “worth €100m,” but the club has already sold or loaned out 43 different players this summer.

The fans are expected to stage a protest this evening at the StadioOlimpico when Roma play their first home game of the season, a friendly against ArisSalonika.

Is this true???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lukker- wrote: »
    Barca have a small squad and rotate quite often. He'll get plenty of game time as he offers cover for both DM and CB.
    He will get games alright but wont play in any of the big games bar injury.If he is happy to be a squad player fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Is this true???

they have had 43 players come or go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Trippie wrote: »
    Is this true???

they have had 43 players come or go
    The quote says they sold or loaned out 43 players. Nothing about players coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Almost all of thosr players would have beenhave been from primavera and below and loaned put to feeder clubs in B and C1/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Never mind Southampton, Aleksander Buttner is off to ........ Manchester United.

Link via Google translate

Site is THE football related website in Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

@ inforfun.

You know the Dutch league, what's Buttner like?

He had a good 2nd half of the season last year.
    Left winger turned into a left back so attacking is his strongest point.
    Played 5 years in Vitesse's 1st team without any of the top teams in Holland being interested.

But if i was Evra i wouldnt be overly concerned about my position.

That Southampton wanted him at 1 point didnt surprise me but this does.

I would rate him as high as Ron Stam who has difficulties getting a start for Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Any truth in the Kaka rumour to Man U? Was just told about it before the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sahin, M'Vila and Llorente all been reported on twitter, Canal+ as Arsenal players and will be confirmed by the end of next week. Would be great if we can get at least two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

DenMan wrote: »
    Sahin, M'Vila and Llorente all been reported on twitter, Canal+ as Arsenal players and will be confirmed by the end of next week. Would be great if we can get at least two of them.

Arsenal definitely should be in for Llorente. I'm not sure Wenger would appreciate M'Vila's attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Would be the kind of big statement needed.

Also as reported(talksport), Arsenal got 3 players from the Song Transfer to Barca. Which were Jonathan Dos Santos, Fontas and Rafinha Alcantara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Also as reported(talksport), Arsenal got 3 players from the Song Transfer to Barca. Which were Jonathan Dos Santos, Fontas and Rafinha Alcantara.
    Hardly all permanetly!? 2 young defenders and a great midf prospect, if that's true, along with the M'Vila and Sahin rumours, then Arsenal did extremely well from selling Song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Galliani on Cassano :"We have negotiations going on for Cassano, he has asked to leave the club

Hardly as a replacement for A Johnson?

Id say Juve would be very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

lolwat?

I don't believe that's true. Haven't seen it reported anywhere in Spain either.

And to answer THFC, if it were true, Sandro Rosell said that youth players won't be let go permanently.

Sounds like a crazy story.

o
    lolwat?

I don't believe that's true. Haven't seen it reported anywhere in Spain either.

And to answer THFC, if it were true, Sandro Rosell said that youth players won't be let go permanently.

Sounds like a crazy story.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120815/three-barca-stars-could-be-heading-arsenal-part-alex-songs-transfer-178681

bad headline - it then says 1 of 3 players

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Ah, ok.

Well like I said, nothing on this in the Spanish media so far, sounds a bit odd with the deal being closed for 19M already, but you never know. Barça's sporting director has said that talks are ongoing for a couple of players to move, and JDS + Fontas would be most likely I'd imagine, but then they would very likely be loan deals.

and to be clear, what the president said was that youth players leaving would be loaned or that Barça would have the option to buy back for cheap. This was following the whole Cesc saga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I could see JDS going the other way, but no-one in their right mind would let Rafinha go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Absolutely no way Arsenal will sign Llorente after spending money on Giroud. They're too similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

cson wrote: »
    Absolutely no way Arsenal will sign Llorente after spending money on Giroud. They're too similar.

True but by signing both of them, it can compensate for RVP at least in the short term till the team rebuilds.

Personally I would prefer both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Galliani on Cassano :"We have negotiations going on for Cassano, he has asked to leave the club

Hardly as a replacement for A Johnson?

Id say Juve would be very likely.

He is going to Inter, he is leaving either wa but they are looking into bringing pazzini to Milan, not a straight swap though as milan will have to give some cash as well to get him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Two Spurs related rumours this morning are
    1) Bid for hernanes rejected by Lazio
    2) Dzeko to join if Aguero's injury isn't too bad

On Dzeko though wouldn't that leave them a bit short if they sold both Dzko and Ade this summer unless they are bringing someone else in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Couldn't see Hernanes and VdV in the same side. He often struggled in physical Serie A games so not too sure how he'd adapt to the prem tbh, very often gets dragged off after 70 mins exhausted. Cracking technical ability though, few better sights than him slaloming by players and unleashing a 30 yard screamer.

• Advertisement

They need depth in that position though, something that has been killing Arsenal in recent years. It would all depend on how much the transfers fee would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Josh McEachran has moved to Boro on a season long loan.

Conor Sammon has moved from Wigan to Derby. The fee is believed to be 1.2 million which is a great deal for Wigan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190728/Manchester-United-offered-Kaka-loan.html

More rumours circulating about Kaka loan deal now and bookies have slashed odds on the move.

Don't care who is moving too, I always wanted to see him in the premier league. If Utd land him for the year could tip the balance of expectation back to the red half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

They need depth in that position though, something that has been killing Arsenal in recent years. It would all depend on how much the transfers fee would be.

I agree we need depth but up top hasn't been killing us - we had RVP for the past 18 months, the 6 months prior to that Chamakh picked up the slack in the only decent period he had for the club scoring 7 before Xmas for us. Prior to that Arshavin picked up the slack with 10 when RVP had his customary 4 months out. If anything killed us in that 3 year period it was at the other end of the pitch.

Still stands; I'll be amazed if anyone more than Sahin comes in for us.

Sky Sports reporting that Martin Skrtel has signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool. More to follow.

I agree we need depth but up top hasn't been killing us - we had RVP for the past 18 months, the 6 months prior to that Chamakh picked up the slack in the only decent period he had for the club scoring 7 before Xmas for us. Prior to that Arshavin picked up the slack with 10 when RVP had his customary 4 months out. If anything killed us in that 3 year period it was at the other end of the pitch.

Still stands; I'll be amazed if anyone more than Sahin comes in for us.

Sorry, I meant depth in squad, rather than just up front. It can be seen at the full back positions especially with Jenkinson now first choice in the absence of Sagna. Midfield is a little light with the departure of Song and I'm guessing will put alot of pressure on Wilshire and Ramsey this year. Sahin is obviously a need dur to this. I think you have depth in the attacking mids/wingers, but up front I think you are still a little light with just Giroud (who wasn't all that impressive on Saturday) and Podolski. I think Llornte could be a great signing for the team. Of course if it's big asking price I can't see Arsene bowing to his controlled spending. But if you could pick him up for 20 or less I could see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sky Sports reporting that Martin Skrtel has signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool. More to follow.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/skrtel-commits-future-to-lfc

Super-Rush wrote: »

My brother will be delighted. He's a big fan of him! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My brother will be delighted. He's a big fan of him! :D

Congratulate your brother on his impeccable taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Josh McEachran has moved to Boro on a season long loan.

Conor Sammon has moved from Wigan to Derby. The fee is believed to be 1.2 million which is a great deal for Wigan.

2 good pieces of business.

First McEachran is great bit of business by Boro if his potential is as good as a few people think.

Second,Wigan made a profit on Sammon! Levy-esque piece of business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sebastian Bassong is due to sign for Norwich by the looks of things should be a good signing for them he can be very good when he gets a run of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Sebastion Bassong has signed for Norwich

Via Sky Sports...According to Fernando Llorente's agent two clubs (one from London and one from Manchester) are chasing the Forward.

Adebayor seems to be conceeding with his wage demands and take the pay cut so could be with Spurs very shortly. Apparently Spurs have also bid £10m for Johnson, with Levy coming out and saying he is confident in signing him. Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland and Liverpool all in for him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Whoever signs him should also increase the wages of their full backs for all the extra work they'll have to do :pac:

Douglas from FC Twente to Fulham is reported as an almost done deal by VI.nl (same ones who had Buttner to Man utd last weekend)

Fulham agreed a fee of €5,5 million with Twente.
    Newcastle was also interested in him and might try a last minute hi-jack.

Might not move prior september 1st since he would lose the possibility to play for Holland if he moves country before september 1st

He took Dutch citizenship last year but in order to play for the Dutch team, he needs to have lived for 5 years in Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Via Sky Sports...According to Fernando Llorente's agent two clubs (one from London and one from Manchester) are chasing the Forward.

So thats Man Utd and Man City then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

inforfun wrote: »
    Might not move prior september 1st since he would lose the possibility to play for Holland if he moves country before september 1st

He took Dutch citizenship last year but in order to play for the Dutch team, he needs to have lived for 5 years in Holland.
    That's weird, surely if he's already got Dutch citizenship, he should be able to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Anyone wrote: »
    So thats Man Utd and Man City then?

Chelsea and City, so I was told by a mate, who supports Athletic, is Basque and is about to set his Llorente shirt alight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Chelsea and City, so I was told by a mate, who supports Athletic, is Basque and is about to set his Llorente shirt alight

If those 2 are going head to head for him, at least he knows they'll be getting the best possible price for him.

Advertisement