Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Talk of Falcao joining Chelsea. Supposedly a done deal. Surely it's BS?

yes it is. We are only getting Hulk, Cavani, Demble, Tiote and Mbia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Duncan Castles saying Fulham have accepted the bid from Spurs for Dembele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

flyswatter wrote: »

£15 million too, release clause apparently. Great bit of business from Spurs there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Corholio wrote: »
    £15 million too, release clause apparently. Great bit of business from Spurs there I think.

Fulham will be the happier team I think. £15m for a player in the last year of his deal who had no intention of extending it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Paully D wrote: »
    Fulham will be the happier team I think. £15m for a player in the last year of his deal who had no intention of extending it.

Thought he had 2 years with an option of another.

jamc wrote: »
    Thought he had 2 years with an option of another.

Duncan Castles says in the below article that he is in the last year of his deal:

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/fulhams-moussa-dembele-on-his-way-to-tottenham-in-15m-deal
    Dembele, 25, had entered the last year of his contract at Craven Cottage.

Good signing for Spurs either way. Quality player is Dembele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Duncan Castles says in the below article that he is in the last year of his deal:

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/fulhams-moussa-dembele-on-his-way-to-tottenham-in-15m-deal

Good signing for Spurs either way. Quality player is Dembele.

Sorry it was final year with option for the club to extend for an extra year according to the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/27/tottenham-lloris-dembele-modric-real-madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Good signing. Although Spurs just seem to be bidding for everyone.

What's happening with Javi Martinez? Is he going to Bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Someone in England has agreed terms with Barca for Affelay - wonder who ?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Someone in England has agreed terms with Barca for Affelay - wonder who ?

Spurs or Arsenal I'd say. He's average tbh.

Richardson is off to Fulham (presuming his passes medical and agrees personal terms etc). Bid accepted by Sunderland this afternoon.

Good luck to him, currently our longest serving player and alongside Bardsley the only one left from the Keane era. Excellent left back for us but doesn't like playing there and has wanted to move back to London with his girlfriend for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Liverpool were interested too, I understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Richardson is off to Fulham (presuming his passes medical and agrees personal terms etc). Bid accepted by Sunderland this afternoon.

Good luck to him, currently our longest serving player and alongside Bardsley the only one left from the Keane era. Excellent left back for us but doesn't like playing there and has wanted to move back to London with his girlfriend for a while now.

Possible Dempsey replacement?

G.K. wrote: »
    Possible Dempsey replacement?

Aye, or for Dembele I guess. We should have demanded a straight swap with Dempsey for him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Dembele should be a good fit for Spurs and only costs like half of the money they got for Modric .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Average for Barcelona but I think he'd be good for most other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

flyswatter wrote: »

Martin Jol confirmed this after the game with Sheff Wed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

What's happening with Javi Martinez? Is he going to Bayern?

According to latest news from tonight the deal will be finalized tomorrow morning. Martinez will travel to the Spanish FA in Madrid to terminate his contract, and Bayern will lodge a Cheque over 40mil. at the same time at the Spanish FA. That way they will work around the tax and legal implications of the deal that were thrown in by the refusal of the Bilbao president to accept the payment from Bayern directly. Complicated transfer...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Martinez is having his medical atm. Everything should be sorted tomorrow. Pic from German Sky Sports News of him in Munich.

A1ayGdzCAAAw2_9.jpg

JPA wrote: »
    Average for Barcelona but I think he'd be good for most other teams.

Maybe but I just never really liked him. He was certainly rated by quite a few people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Julio Cesar to QPR is what BBC are reporting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So Dembele meant to be in today and we are meant to be looking at estesban granero. The problem with so many changes is it will take time for everyone to click on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

So Dembele meant to be in today and we are meant to be looking at estesban granero. The problem with so many changes is it will take time for everyone to click on the pitch

I'm happy to go out on a limb and say that AVB will be more Ramos than Harry Rednapp :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

City linked to Nastasic from Fiorentina in a swap deal that sees Savic go the other way.

That would be great business. Savic is young but he looks too nervous and doesn't seem to be able to compose himself. Nastasic is a good young defender and is good on the ball. He's very highly rated in Italy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

I've got to say I'm impresses with Man city's transfer activity this summer. They seem to be looking for a few younger squad players, while sticking with their solid first team.
    Between them, Chelsea and Man utd this years premier league should be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

bhamsteve wrote: »
    I've got to say I'm impresses with Man city's transfer activity this summer. They seem to be looking for a few younger squad players, while sticking with their solid first team.
    Between them, Chelsea and Man utd this years premier league should be great.

I'm not tbh.

Buying Rodwell still baffles me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nastasic is done, just waiting on Richard Ashcroft to agree terms with Fiorentina apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Much fun at Ajaccio yesterday, with Adrian Mutu finally inking two-year deal & being presented to the media http://t.co/ewz9yVGP -- Andy Brassell (@andybrassell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm not tbh.

I'd guess he's just a decent squad player who gives them one more home-grown player. I admit he's a bit uninspiring but he could do a good job for them, time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm not tbh.

Bit of a panic buy tbh.

Seems to be huge tension between Mancini and Marwood at the moment. Theie initial policy of putting mediocre players on huge wages is coming back to bite them a little now methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nastasic is done, just waiting on Richard Ashcroft to agree terms with Fiorentina apparently.

Dam.

I knew he reminded me someone .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bit of a panic buy tbh.

Seems to be huge tension between Mancini and Marwood at the moment. Theie initial policy of putting mediocre players on huge wages is coming back to bite them a little now methinks.

Alot of interesting theories that at Anfield Mancini went 3 at the back with Toure to make a point that he needs a new centre half.

Makes "kinda" sense considering it left Lescott out and Clichy , but might be a bit far fetched.

Some balls on him if so,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I actually think Rodwell is a good buy for City, he's being holding his own in the Everton midfield sine he's 18, he's going to be playing alongside world class players now he's only going to improve IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

TheDoc wrote: »
    Bit of a panic buy tbh.

Alot of interesting theories that at Anfield Mancini went 3 at the back with Toure to make a point that he needs a new centre half.

Makes "kinda" sense considering it left Lescott out and Clichy , but might be a bit far fetched.

Some balls on him if so,

Clichy wasn't left out, his wife had a kid their first kid that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I actually think Rodwell is a good buy for City, he's being holding his own in the Everton midfield sine he's 18, he's going to be playing alongside world class players now he's only going to improve IMO

He's been holding his own on the treatment table since he's 18.

I don't think he even made the Everton first 11 when everybody was fit at the tail end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Clichy wasn't left out, his wife had a kid their first kid that day

O didnt know that, makes sense so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Javi Martinez has passed the medical and is expected to move to Bayern for €40 million. I think he's a class act, but €40 million is a lot of money. I assume Bayern will play him in central midfielder rather than defence.

Javi Martinez has passed the medical and is expected to move to Bayern for €40 million. I think he's a class act, but €40 million is a lot of money. I assume Bayern will play him in central midfielder rather than defence.

looks like a twist...

BBC Sport chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter:
    "Javi Martinez right on Man City's radar this summer - interesting Athletic Bilbao say he did not have permission for Bayern talks or medical."

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    He's been holding his own on the treatment table since he's 18.

I don't think he even made the Everton first 11 when everybody was fit at the tail end of last season.

Well if he can keep him self fit I think he'll be a success with City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Ajax player budget for next season? 500k per year. Expect more Ajax players in the Prem.Technicalky aware, developed, won't cost 35 mill...

That cant be true, cant it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

From a guy who was giving out transfer news in twitland - @FootballAgent49
    Hey Guys,

I am writing to tell you that, no, I am not a 'Football Agent' or 'ITK.' I am infact an 18 year old and I have been fooling all of you gullible idiots with my fake stories for the past 2 months.

I started out when I was bored one evening and I never once thought that I could get 43k followers. I feel my twitter experience has been very successful with some of my 'Stories' even trending 5th in the world. I'm proud to say that I haven't had even one transfer scoop in my time yet people still say im more reliable than Sky Sports News and the BBC. Laughable.

Some of my personal highlights were the Kaka and Falcao stories which were completely made up. The Daily Mail even wrote an article based on my Kaka tweets and the 2 journalists who wrote it were following me. The Falcao story was possibly my favourite. Last night it was trending worldwide for over an hour and for over 3 hours in Spain and in the UK.

Another fascinating thing about my time on twitter was how some top respected journalists believed my rubbish and even used me as a news source.

Whilst I am here I can also point out there is no such thing as an ITK or Agent on twitter, anyone with an IQ in double figures would realise this. @Agent_NCP , @EPL_Source and @Agent_ITK are all just poor versions of myself who would be nothing without begging me for shoutouts. @Backpage is another clown who stole my fake stories everyday and passed them off as their own.

Im not sorry for wasting everybody's time, you should have realised I was a fake when I got all of my stories wrong and deleted countless tweets. I still cant believe that, I, personally have been trending in Manchester, Leeds, Ireland, Nigeria and South Africa. Perhaps I do feel a bit sorry for the guy who got 'Falcao 20' printed on his Chelsea top.

I have really enjoyed my time on twitter, especially winding up Everton and Tottenham fans on a daily basis. You idiots must have realised I was a fake when I linked your team with every player possible in the hope that one move would happen.

My time has now come to and end and I hope to enjoy the last few days of the transfer window without making up rumours myself. Thank you to whoever followed me and retweeted my garbage, it was really appreciated.

Goodbye Everyone

Regards, @FootballAgent49 (The Boss)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j322tm

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Who'll own up to following?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone with any sense knows its going to be BS when the guy has 'agent' or 'ITK' in his twitter name.

Who'll own up to following?

I followed this account but I knew it was all BS tbh, followed him mainly for the amusement

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    From a guy who was giving out transfer news in twitland - @FootballAgent49

Hopefully the clowns who believe everything they read on Twitter from these ''agents'' will stop citing them as sources now. Fourth Official is another one, the biggest joke on Twitter yet has 63,000 + followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Dempsey wrote: »
    That cant be true, cant it??
    Ajax are in dire financial straits because they have to spend more and more money on wages to try and compete in the Champions League while revenue is basically static. Why is revenue static? It all comes down to TV money. To put it in perspective, Sky have just signed a deal paying £1 billion a year for the rights to the Premier League. To put that in perspective, the Eredivisie just announced announced that Murdoch is paying £70 million a year for the Dutch TV rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I followed this account but I knew it was all BS tbh, followed him mainly for the amusement
    yeah_yeah_sure_sure_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ajax are in dire financial straits because they have to spend more and more money on wages to try and compete in the Champions League while revenue is basically static. Why is revenue static? It all comes down to TV money. To put it in perspective, Sky have just signed a deal paying £1 billion a year for the rights to the Premier League. To put that in perspective, the Eredivisie just announced announced that Murdoch is paying £70 million a year for the Dutch TV rights.

The SPL gets £13m per year and Celtic can spend more on players despite having no UCL ball for 4 years. Thats incredible financial mismanagement if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone want to set up a twitter on behalf of Boards soccer forum and we will see how much speel with can get out between now and the end of the transfer window?!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement