Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone want to set up a twitter on behalf of Boards soccer forum and we will see how much speel with can get out between now and the end of the transfer window?!:pac:

This sounds like a good idea. When Agent_BSF reaches 15,000 followers, we restart the Jong Il-Gwan rumour :cool:.

We WILL get this man a move to Europe. What a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Anyone want to set up a twitter on behalf of Boards soccer forum and we will see how much speel with can get out between now and the end of the transfer window?!:pac:

We'd need everyone who posts on the soccer forum who also has a twitter account to follow it.
    We would also need some who don't have accounts to sign up.
    Plenty of retweets needed too from everyone to get the ball rolling.

Only fear is it's the last couple of days of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

amiable wrote: »

We'd need everyone who posts on the soccer forum who also has a twitter account to follow it.
    We would also need some who don't have accounts to sign up.
    Plenty of retweets needed too from everyone to get the ball rolling.

Only fear is it's the last couple of days of the window.
    Get it started I say! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Planning the whole thing on a publically viewable forum mightn't be the smartest lads. Start one of those private user group thingies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Since its Panthro's idea I say he should start it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Dembele to Spurs done - official!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Martinez to Bayern - official

FC Bayern München ‏@FCBayern @FCBayern agree on contract with #Martinez. Read more on fcb.de shortly. #WelcomeMartinez

Planning the whole thing on a publically viewable forum mightn't be the smartest lads. Start one of those private user group thingies.
    In fairness if they're stupif enough to believe the rumours they're hardly gonna search, some of them really are that stupid.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Redzer7 wrote: »
    In fairness if they're stupif enough to believe the rumours they're hardly gonna search, some of them really are that stupid.

Someone will though, no point in taking silly risks if you're going to go to all that trouble in the first place.

That North Korean player prank was done perfectly and nobody was ever the wiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As stupid as posting the same thing twice in a matter of minutes? :P :pac:

As stupid as posting the same thing twice in a matter of minutes? :P :pac:
    This poxy phone :pac: good spot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Seconded

I didn't think that idea would get much of an uptake to be honest, but I do appreciate the backing gents!
    Sadly, I'm not a regular Twitter person, so the floor's open to anyone who wants to play "ITK" guy for Boards for the next few days!

(I hear Asamoah Gyan "dreams" of a return to the Premier League, QPR are on red alert...wink wink;):pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Playboy wrote: »
    Dembele to Spurs done - official!

FC Bayern München ‏@FCBayern @FCBayern agree on contract with #Martinez. Read more on fcb.de shortly. #WelcomeMartinez

Good buy in each case.

Spurs have gotten themselves a cracking player methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dembele to Spurs has ruined my day tbh, fantastic signing for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ouch for a few clubs.
    A1egcntCIAAl0le.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/28-08-2012/del-piero-sion-spine-domani-arriva-risposta-912417193896.shtml

Del Piero possibly about to join Sion. Not where I would have expected him to end up to be honest. Gattusso is there now as well. Do they have lots of money or something?

Mad money.

A1ei25oCIAEJ7Qs.jpg:large

It is mad money alright but how many transfer these days are for mad money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I didn't think that idea would get much of an uptake to be honest, but I do appreciate the backing gents!
    Sadly, I'm not a regular Twitter person, so the floor's open to anyone who wants to play "ITK" guy for Boards for the next few days!

(I hear Asamoah Gyan "dreams" of a return to the Premier League, QPR are on red alert...wink wink;):pac:)

I created a new thread in the social group that we had for the North Korean lad but it got no responses so I presumed no one was bothered :pac: It's still there if anyone wants a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Spurs have done all right so far. They're still lacking a couple of players for fourth again though but I image they'll comfortably finish fifth unless Newcastle prove me wrong again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

BILD going with Schweinsteiger to Arsenal it seems, €34 million

https://twitter.com/HenrikMainz

Could be a fake account though easily enough, time will tell

Adamcp898 wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ05x6pMva9kleYa_XWKGXXsFMfqZOvJ-qa5sojLCNdsUm8Do66UA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Yeah definitely true if someone with 3 tweets posts it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ05x6pMva9kleYa_XWKGXXsFMfqZOvJ-qa5sojLCNdsUm8Do66UA
    jamc wrote: »
    Yeah definitely true if someone with 3 tweets posts it

Hence the ninja edit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

carlop wrote: »
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/28-08-2012/del-piero-sion-spine-domani-arriva-risposta-912417193896.shtml

Del Piero possibly about to join Sion. Not where I would have expected him to end up to be honest. Gattusso is there now as well. Do they have lots of money or something?

3.5 hours drive to Milano, 2.5 hours drive Torino, wages wouldn't be huge (they'd get a lot more in the US, Gulf or China) but it's close to home and they will play every game.

Seaneh wrote: »
    3.5 hours drive to Milano, 2.5 hours drive Torino, wages wouldn't be huge (they'd get a lot more in the US, Gulf or China) but it's close to home and they will play every game.

I guess it's as close to Italy as you can get, but it seems like you're going out with a whimper and without the financial reward to compensate for it.

it's semi-retirement, god like status amongst fans and easy money if you ask me. And you don't have to move your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just seen on SSN that QPR are in talks with Real Madrid over signing Esteban Granero.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Didn't Gatusso spend the last few years talking about going back to rangers when he left Milan? I guess their demotion to division 3 changed his mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didn't Gatusso spend the last few years talking about going back to rangers when he left Milan? I guess their demotion to division 3 changed his mind.

Probably didnt fancy going into battle against East Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

opr wrote: »
    From a guy who was giving out transfer news in twitland - @FootballAgent49

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j322tm

Opr
    :D
    THFC wrote: »
    FootballAgent49?? Jeez, I'd put more faith in the Star that someone with a username like that.. We've been fcuked over by Twitter too many times this summer to put any faith in that site..

One of my prouder moments on this site :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sky Sport 24 claiming Real are on the verge of signing Debuchy. Already agreed a fee of€6-7m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Kevin Feely is on trial at Charlton, the selfish part of me would rather see him playing for Kildare but hopefully he makes it over there. Would Bohemians be getting a fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

-Ade- wrote: »
    Sky Sport 24 claiming Real are on the verge of signing Debuchy. Already agreed a fee of€6-7m.

Not quite Newcastle is it? :D

Rangers weren't allowed sign anyone when he signed for Sion.

Was a case of waiting for a transfer embargo to end or taking an offer right away. I reckon he just didn't fancy waiting, indefinitely, for rangers to be able to sign players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

La Liga News ‏@laliga_news
    QPR have signed Real Madrid's Esteban Granero on a five-year deal (via AS).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR
    Brazilian number one Julio Cesar has agreed a four-year deal at Loftus Road. #QPR

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/29-08-2012/svolta-juve-blitz-bendtner-drogba-sogno-gia-finito-912424728516.shtml

Berbatov to Juve all but done. He redirected his flight to Florence to Munich to meet Juve's representatives and sign for them.

Quite the cocktease is Berba.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/29-08-2012/svolta-juve-blitz-bendtner-drogba-sogno-gia-finito-912424728516.shtml

Berbatov to Juve all but done. He redirected his flight to Florence to Munich to meet Juve's representatives and sign for them.

Air traffic controllers must hate transfer deadline day.

• Advertisement

He was getting a connection through Munich all along but then didn't get on the connecting flight to Florence and flew to Turin instead.

It wasn't a private jet.

Is it true that Fiorentina payed for the flight? Be brilliant if it was.

Seaneh wrote: »
    He was getting a connection through Munich all along but then didn't get on the connecting flight to Florence and flew to Turin instead.

It wasn't a private jet.

Apologies you're right, I just re-read it there. They did pay for his flight though, so it's still slightly cheeky.

Sky Italia now saying hes turned down Juve and is flying back to England for talks with Fulham :D, the man knows how to work the window.

he's just in it for the air miles lads.

Nick Miller ‏@NickMillerF365 On Juve's fax machine, there's a picture of Fergie & Berba, laughing, smoking cigars with 'That's for Pogba, you fucks' written underneath.

:D

€1.8m a season in wages for him? Bargain if true. We pay backup keeper Jaroslav Drobny that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pablo Hernandez reported to have signed for Swansea from Valencia for £5.5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Some mad stuff going on. Granero to QPR? Pablo Hernandez to Swansea?

Opr

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

shano_88 wrote: »
    Pablo Hernandez reported to have signed for Swansea from Valencia for £5.5m

Very good deal.

• Advertisement

Fiorentina not happy with Berbatov

"At this point we're happy he didn't sign - He did not deserve this city, this shirt and what it represents."

Advertisement