Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Amazing how dim a view pl fans have of Maicons defensive abilities just based on the Spurs CL game where Inter basically stopped playing after taking a 4 goal lead. He's not quite the player he was but imo he'll suit the 3-5-2 system that Mancini wants to play a lot this year better than any of their current options. His main issue like a lot of Inter players has been a lack of motivation since Jose left, I think this move will revitalise his career.

I think Inter, even if it's free, get the better deal here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yup, really liking Laudrup. Wenger replacement in a couple of years surely.

I never thought of that, but yea, makes perfect sense .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Pablo Hernandez to Swansea for 5m.

very good signing if they get him a better player than sinclair.with the other signings they have made i`d say they could be pushing for a top 10 position maybe just lacking a little up front but if michu can keep bagging them in you`d never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Also Maicon has signed for city apparently!

strange signing still a decent player but they already have a good RB`s in Zabaleta and Richards.31 years of age a lot of money in wages for a for 1/2 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Seaneh wrote: »
    I think Inter, even if it's free, get the better deal here...

Well it makes sense for both parties, for Inter as he's holding down big wages and going through the motions last few years, for City as they offer him a new challenge and he still has immense abitity, all for relatively little money by their standards. Inter have been pretty shrewed in the transfer market this summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Arsenal supporter here. When I heard that Laudrup was coming to the EPL it got my spidey senses tingling. An amazing player and one that was established as being a great tactician on the pitch. And what's even better, he's managing Swansea. A team that will test his resolve as a manager and one, that if it works right, he'll definitely create some upsets this season! He has the blueprint of creating a fantastic squad with what he has and I hope it works for him and Swansea.

I strongly think he's going to be in contention for manager of the year. I'm looking forward to see what he's going to bring to this year's season! Because so far, it's been pretty amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Leiva wrote: »

I never thought of that, but yea, makes perfect sense .
    Bit early to be heaping that praise on him. He has done grest budiness this summer alright but lets see how the season pand out before deeming him worthy of filling Wenger's rather large shoes.

De Jong to Milan looks like it will happen.

Would be a good signing, badly need someone like him now that van Bommel is gone. Ambrosini is great but he's not going to play a full season and he's not really an anchor man type, he enjoys going forward a lot.

Nocorino De Jong Montolivo wouldn't be a bad midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

very good signing if they get him a better player than sinclair.with the other signings they have made i`d say they could be pushing for a top 10 position maybe just lacking a little up front but if michu can keep bagging them in you`d never know

Dyer's been pretty good as well. He performed well in the first game against QPR. I think Swansea's season is going to be more than just forwards. They have a strong, experimental midfield and counter attack really well.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bit early to be heaping that praise on him. He has done grest budiness this summer alright but lets see how the season pand out before deeming him worthy of filling Wenger's rather large shoes.

I agree... and I'm someone who said he'd be very good for Swansea in the LFC thread (maybe it was here), based on his time with Getafe as soon as it was official. Getafe were good to watch under him too.

Also, interesting that Swansea's DOF (name escapes me) is getting little to no praise for the signings this summer, yet when Rodgers was coach, the DOF was getting the most praise from some quarters.

-Ade- wrote: »

I agree... and I'm someone who said he'd be very good for Swansea in the LFC thread (maybe it was here), based on his time with Getafe as soon as it was official. Getafe were good to watch under him too.

Also, interesting that Swansea's DOF (name escapes me) is getting little to no praise for the signings this summer, yet when Rodgers was coach, the DOF was getting the most praise from some quarters.
    Hes also walked into a ready made system at the club thats been developed fir years under sevrral mansgers. Will be fascinating to see if they can take it to the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sion

Sion.jpg

Glasgow

20050721_middlesbrough.jpg

I know where I'd rather live...

Why is that picture of Glasgow called Middlesbrough?

If you wanted to compare like with like, i.e. decent photos of both place you would have used something like this for Glasgow

glasgow_aerial_450x338.jpg

Anways, I'm sure Sion have a training facility like Lennoxtown :rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3mZERpXoYZh9vE6o4UN89Hy975dVilUiQGX0ZYJDnFGXjsRON&t=1

Never mind the fact that Celtic can offer him the Champions League which is a big draw for any hungry player. If he's not hungry anymore and wants to semi retire, then Sion would be the bettter place for him.

Rodgers did a great job but most of the credit for the Swansea philosophy has to lie at the feet of Huw Jenkins, since they were in League 2 with players like Kevin Nugent he has been developing a culture of football at the club and youth teams where the ball stays on the ground and in their possession.

Rodgers did a great job but most of the credit for the Swansea philosophy has to lie at the feet of Huw Jenkins, since they were in League 2 with players like Kevin Nugent he has been developing a culture of football at the club and youth teams where the ball stays on the ground and in their possession.
    And then Martinez after him.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Why is that picture of Glasgow called Middlesbrough?

If you wanted to compare like with like, i.e. decent photos of both place you would have used something like this for Glasgow

glasgow_aerial_450x338.jpg

Anways, I'm sure Sion have a training facility like Lennoxtown :rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3mZERpXoYZh9vE6o4UN89Hy975dVilUiQGX0ZYJDnFGXjsRON&t=1

Never mind the fact that Celtic can offer him the Champions League which is a big draw for any hungry player. If he's not hungry anymore and wants to semi retire, then Sion would be the bettter place for him.

Also, Sion is in the middle of Swiss wine country, with some of the bets ski resorts in the world within a 40 minute drive, it's 2 hours from his family home, they play in a more competitive league than Celtic and he won't have to move his family for the same of one season trekking across the rain and sleet of scotland.

The only thing Celtic have going for them is PL football and as a player who has played 129 games in europe and scored 53 goals, who could have just stayed at Juventus if he wanted, I'm not sure PL football is going to be enough, he's been there, done that, played in the big game (final) 4 times and lifted the trophy once...

Glasgow is a horrible city.

Showing Lennoxtown, in the middle of the countryside and areil shot of the city on a sunny day won't change that.

aerialwestend.jpg

• Advertisement

And then Martinez after him.

Jenkins is the chairman not a manager, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

@OfficialQPR: #QPR have reached agreement with Real Madrid for the permanent transfer of midfielder Esteban Granero ... #QPR” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

@OfficialQPR: #QPR have reached agreement with Real Madrid for the permanent transfer of midfielder Esteban Granero ... #QPR”
    Nice. Massive step up from Joey Barton too.

Glasgow is a horrible city.

Showing Lennoxtown, in the middle of the countryside and areil shot of the city on a sunny day won't change that.

A few posts ago you were passing off a deary picture of Middlesbrough against a sunny day in Sion!! I'm sure you know what Sion is like in the middle of winter since you are able to critique the living standards in Glasgow! :rolleyes:

A few posts ago you were passing off a deary picture of Middlesbrough against a sunny day in Sion!! I'm sure you know what Sion is like in the middle of winter since you are able to critique the living standards in Glasgow! :rolleyes:

In the middle of winter it's beautiful, been there while skiing a few years ago.
    Anywhere in the middle of the alps is beautiful in winter :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sion is also very close to home for Del Piero

In the middle of winter it's beautiful, been there while skiing a few years ago.
    Anywhere in the middle of the alps is beautiful in winter :).

Are professional footballers allowed to go skiing? No

Is there anything to do in Sion besides skiing during the winter?

Rino Gattuso was very keen on coming back to Glasgow, I'm sure he'll tell Del Piero all he needs to know about the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, leave it outside.

Are professional footballers allowed to go skiing? No

Is there anything to do in Sion besides skiing during the winter?

Rino Gattuso was very keen on coming back to Glasgow, I'm sure he'll tell Del Piero all he needs to know about the place.

Gattuso only wanted to go back because his misus is from there and his kids would be close to their grand parents for a few years before he moves the family back to Calabria.

He wasn't moving there for the city scape.

Stuff to do in Sion.

Drive 2 hours and be with your family any time you have a day or two off.

Massive selling point for someone like ADP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Yossi Benayoun ‏@YossiBenayoun15
    Morning,I can confirm that I'm in talks with two premier league clubs about a loan move,hope to sort it by tomorrow evening..

any ideas who the 2 clubs may be? would be a good loan signing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

markie29 wrote: »
    Yossi Benayoun ‏@YossiBenayoun15
    Morning,I can confirm that I'm in talks with two premier league clubs about a loan move,hope to sort it by tomorrow evening..

any ideas who the 2 clubs may be? would be a good loan signing
    My guess is Stoke are one of the clubs

Yossi at Stoke would be Tuncay II. Complete and utter waste of his ability. I reckon one of the clubs is Fulham.

Yossi at Stoke would be Tuncay II. Complete and utter waste of his ability. I reckon one of the clubs is Fulham.

i was thinking maybe Villa as well?

i was thinking maybe Villa as well?

Possibly, I think a host of EPL clubs would be keen to pick him up wages depending tbh. Still a good, versatile player and a positive dressing room presence to boot. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Possibly, I think a host of EPL clubs would be keen to pick him up wages depending tbh. Still a good, versatile player and a positive dressing room presence to boot. Ha

Plenty clubs should be interested, West Ham or West Brom could be possibilities. Even Newcastle and Everton should give him some consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its reported hes on £80K a week with us, a host of clubs wont touch that unless we agree to pay a percentage of his wages but he would be wasted with us after the players we signed in the last few weeks so a loan move is his best option at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Julio Cesar reckons QPR will win the league this season. Oh dear.

He's a bit mental in fairness...

cgpg5 wrote: »

Hes in for a very rude awakening :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I can't believe QPR managed to get him. Punching above their weight to say the least.

Granero seems an ok signing but the rest reek of panic buys. Can't see them doing much they've essentially now bought a team which will most likely resemble 11 individuals just thrown together. They could really struggle although I can see Hughes getting door early and a new man steadying the ship somehwat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Great signing by QPR.

SSN are linking Maicon with Man City, and that Lloris to spurs is all but completed.

Lloris could be excellent if he can get back to the level he has about 2, 3 years ago.

Maicon although on big money, I presume, will add another dimension to the City squad, they dont really have an attacking FB from the right where as they have CLichy and Kolarov to play on the left.

Tomorrow could be fairly dramatic although it looks like all the big transfers have been done well before deadline day.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lloris could be excellent if he can get back to the level he has about 2, 3 years ago.

Maicon although on big money, I presume, will add another dimension to the City squad, they dont really have an attacking FB from the right where as they have CLichy and Kolarov to play on the left.

Tomorrow could be fairly dramatic although it looks like all the big transfers have been done well before deadline day.

For entertainment purposes would love see drama like the deadline day involving Torres and that bid from nowhere for Carroll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Interesting to see some of the moves QPR are making in the market. In the background QPR have appointed a team of people working on transfers this summer. They poached Mike Rigg from Man City who was very highly regarded and he in turn has poached scouts from other clubs.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Granero gone to QPR. Being honest, didn't see that one coming. Great signing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19425593

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Except that isn't what he said is it?
    'I have many dreams at QPR,' said the smiling Brazilian, sitting down with Sportsmail for an exclusive chat about his move.

'To play well for the fans, the manager, the chairman and myself. And eventually finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League and then one day win the Premier League.
    'It is possible. A few years ago nobody believed Manchester City would ever win the Premier League. So we have to dream. When you dream, things can happen. That's the reason I came here.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195418/Julio-Cesar-exclusive-I-dream-winning-Premier-League-QPR.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Please let the Maicon thing be bollox.

Richard Wright signing for City?? :eek: surely a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Richard fooking Wright! :eek:

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »

Just saying what I heard dude, either way he's incredibly deluded and it is still laughable

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Richard fooking Wright! :eek:

Have City's oil reserves dried up? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just saying what I heard dude, either way he's incredibly deluded and it is still laughable
    Absolutely nothing wrong in what he said - a lot of players make similar statements when they sign for a new club.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Have City's oil reserves dried up? :P

their signings or potential signings this summer have completely baffled me,i dont see any of these players improving their team or squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Another player to add to the home grown quota.

• Advertisement
Advertisement