Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I thought Richard Wright was finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Richard fooking Wright! :eek:
    England international don't you know :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Jordan Rhodes to Blackburn, surely a Premier league club would take a punt on him? Sideways move to Blackburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Defoe just signed a new 3 year deal with Spurs. Guess he's not going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Paully D wrote: »
    Another player to add to the home grown quota.

Surely with Sinclair and Rodwell in we have enough! Plus he'll never make the squad, Costel and Nielsen must be ahead of him. And if we were going to sign someone for the sake of being english, we could at least get someone young? Don't mean to rant at you btw, i want to know the answer to these questions from the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Samed Yesil joining Liverpool for €1.3m from Bayer. Very, very good prospect.
    Bit surprised Bayer have sold him, he was tipped to succeed Kiessling. But I suppose €1.3m is a good price for an 18 year old.

Scored 19 in 23 last season for the U-19s and moved up to Bayer II this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Nigel De Jong going to Milan?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Samed Yesil joining Liverpool for €1.3m from Bayer. Very, very good prospect.
    Bit surprised Bayer have sold him, he was tipped to succeed Kiessling. But I suppose €1.3m is a good price for an 18 year old.

Scored 19 in 23 last season for the U-19s and moved up to Bayer II this season.
    `

My wish of Operation Bundesliga to Anfield is under way :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Richard Wright is only a Stuart Taylor replacement, he'll likely never be seen in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

JPA wrote: »
    Richard Wright is only a Stuart Taylor replacement, he'll likely never be seen in the team.

Exactly, I just forgot Wright still played football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Premier League spending breaks £4bn barrier over last decade
    • Millions spent since Jan 2003
    1. Chelsea 673
    2. Man City 572
    3. Liverpool 414 :eek:
    4. Man United 352
    5. Tottenham 350
    6. Arsenal 214

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Exactly, I just forgot Wright still played football

Maybe we should have a look at Tim Flowers and Nigel Martyn while we're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Julio Cesar reckons QPR will win the league this season. Oh dear.
    Didnt he say in the next few years rather than this season. Either way....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The Valencia CF have reached an agreement with the Swansea City AFC for the transfer of the player Pablo Hernandez, who has traveled to Wales to pass the medical. The Club wishes to thank Paul professionalism and involvement throughout his career on our team and wish him all the luck in his new career in sport.

http://www.valenciacf.com/contenidos/Actualidad/Noticias/2012/08/Noticia_90474.html?__locale=es#.UD93IwCGO-c.twitter

zerks wrote: »
    1. Chelsea 673
    2. Man City 572
    4. Man United 352
    5. Tottenham 350
    6. Arsenal 214

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NET SPEND?!??!?!?!?!??! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NET SPEND?!??!?!?!?!??! :mad:

But that would be unfair on City and Chelsea. This table seems to suggest that they are on a reasonably level playing field with everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Júlio César to QPR is a strange one, maybe it's just an elaborate prank by Paddy Kenny... the master of disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Nicky Maynard to Cardiff on ssn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

1. Chelsea 673
    2. Man City 572
    4. Man United 352
    5. Tottenham 350
    6. Arsenal 214

Holy shít, City spent 572m in 2 seasons???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Via Sky Sports....Liverpool's Jay Spearing gone out on loan to Bolton (Six months).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Can somebody please explain the Richard Wright to City signing please ?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Elmohamady gone to Hull for the year on loan. Not a huge surprise but a very good signing for them IMO. Seriously underrated by our fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Leiva wrote: »
    Can somebody please explain the Richard Wright to City signing please ?:confused:

3rd backup keeper plus homegrown. Will get little to no gametime. I don't get the big kerfuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

DenMan wrote: »
    Via Sky Sports....Liverpool's Jay Spearing gone out on loan to Bolton (Six months).

I never grow tired of this pic

AoYYPmvCIAANnk_.jpg

He'll see no more of the Anfield cat though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

maximoose wrote: »
    3rd backup keeper plus homegrown. Will get little to no gametime. I don't get the big kerfuffle.

I think the point is why him? Why not a younger keeper who could offer more?

• Advertisement

They signed Hargreaves before,that was even more puzzling.

I'd reckon Wright will be happy to pick up a sizeable wage for doing little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

They signed Hargreaves before,that was even more puzzling.

I'd reckon Wright will be happy to pick up a sizeable wage for doing little.

Aye for Wright its awesome but I just think City could look elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is a bit strange... but he was free, probably on a low wage and it's only a one year deal. And will probably never be needed as anything more than backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Southampton finally sign a centre back - Maya Yoshida from VVV-Venlo. 3 year deal.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rascasse wrote: »
    Southampton finally sign a centre back - Maya Yoshida from VVV-Venlo. 3 year deal.

Good signing. I still keep up to date with Japanese football since living over there. He's always impressed for the national team, and from what I know,k he has taken to the Eredivisie very well and Ajax were reported to be interested in him too earlier in the summer. No world beater exactly but he's an intelligent, composed defender.

• Advertisement

Marseille have turned down Spurs bid for Loic Remy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Leiva wrote: »

having been left frustrated at not signing a player from arsenal this summer, city went & done the next best thing, sign a player who used to play for them

really - he's a free agent, experienced, like maximoose said there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

"ACF Fiorentina announces that it missed the acquisition of the player Dimitar Berbatov after we had reached an agreement with Manchester United & a verbal understanding with the player on his contract.

During today, the English club had granted him written permission to travel to Florence for medical & sign a contract. The player -accompanied by his agent - embarked on a flight to Florence with tickets paid for by the club.

But the player never arrived in Florence because of reckless & arrogant actions of other clubs which have nothing to do with the values of honesty, fair play & sporting ethics which lie beyond the boundaries of loyalty.

As for the player - notwithstanding his characteristics & technical merit - at this point we are happy that he did not come to Fiorentina as he is not worthy of our city, our shirt and the values it represents."

I must say this gave me a good laugh .

http://en.violachannel.tv/breaking-news-detail/items/fiorentina-berbatov-and-the-boundaries-of-fairness.html

maximoose wrote: »

Like who? Remember, the criteria is you need to be free, a low earner and be happy with not playing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Like who? Remember, the criteria is you need to be free, a low earner and be happy with not playing.

And actually be able to grab a ball in an extreme injury crisis situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Paully D wrote: »
    Elmohamady gone to Hull for the year on loan. Not a huge surprise but a very good signing for them IMO. Seriously underrated by our fans.

Was bit surprised to hear this. Always thought he looked a decent player when I saw him play, looked a good proper winger.

De Jong flying to Milan tonight for medical, fee agree for €4.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    Liverpool striker Andy Carroll is in London to finalise a season-long loan move to West Ham. No commitment to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Crank up the Babelcopter, Ryan is on the move again :)

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/telegramm/telegramm,rendertext=25960350.html
    Hoffenheim solves contract with Babel
    Bundesliga club 1899 Hoffenheim has dissolved the contract valid until the end of the season with striker Ryan Babel prematurely. Founded in January 2011 from Liverpool has come Dutchman played in the plans of coach Markus Babbel irrelevant. Babel completed for Hoffenheim 45 games in which he scored five goals. Where the attacker changes was not immediately known.

babelcopter.jpg%3Fw%3D510%26h%3D356

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    Liverpool striker Andy Carroll is in London to finalise a season-long loan move to West Ham. No commitment to buy.

Sky have just updated this less then an hour ago so I don't think anybody knows what is going on .

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8034633/Big-Sam-admits-defeat-on-Carroll

The jist of it is Allardyce doesn't see them signing Carroll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rodgers confirmed in his pre match interview that he was having a medical at West Ham .

Rodgers confirmed in his pre match interview that he was having a medical at West Ham .

The he's off so , we must have a striker lined up to sign tomorrow . My guess would be Clint Dempsey .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The he's off so , we must have a striker lined up to sign tomorrow . My guess would be Clint Dempsey .

Huh?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Seaneh wrote: »
    De Jong flying to Milan tonight for medical, fee agree for €4.5m.

4.5 is that really the price, considering what some footballers are priced at thats a steal!!

m.j.w wrote: »
    4.5 is that really the price, considering what some footballers are priced at thats a steal!!

Contract is up in june, not in managers plans, on high wages, not a bad deal for all involved really.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Huh?

:confused:

I would say Dempsey will be signing tomorrow but we will have to pay double now . Another piece of wonderful business . If we do sign Dempsey he would be my striker in the team . Suarez looks to be better playing on the Left or right of the front three and causing havoc because he can't seem to put a ball in the back of the net .

Eden Hazard's younger brother goes on loan to Zulte Waregem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Corholio wrote: »
    Was bit surprised to hear this. Always thought he looked a decent player when I saw him play, looked a good proper winger.

Yeah I'd have kept him. He won't start of course with Johnson, McClean and Larsson all ahead of him in the pecking order but he does give us a great outlet to bring off the bench, especially in tight games or games when we're hanging on for dear life with 15 minutes to go. He can take a lot of pressure off us with his pace. He did it extremely well against Arsenal.

There's a recall clause that can be activated in January anyway so perhaps he'll be back then. I think he'll do well in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

QPR confirm the signing of estaban granero from real madrid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Listening to 5live this evening they were saying it could get very crazy tomorrow and in Jan. as well. the PL money is going to be huge with the new rights coming into play next year. The team that finishes bottom gets more money than Man City got for winning it last year so no one will want to go down. So expect huge money to change hands tomorrow and in the Jan transfer window.

Advertisement