Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

QPR are also been linked with young English defender Sam Magri who is available on a free from Portsmouth. Would be a good transfer that, he certainly looks a bright prospect from what I have seen of him in the English underage sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Did he have a trial at Liverpool earlier this year too or was that someone else?

G.K. wrote: »
    Did he have a trial at Liverpool earlier this year too or was that someone else?

Yeah that was him. I am surprised Pompey are letting him go for nothing, would have thought his sale would raise some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think this day of epic insane irrational madness is worthy of its own thread. About the only day of the year that Sky Sports News is edge of the seat stuff :p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3P8POzCpCOgWFYrANDTMcFVgmwfbqzv-kXA8470aNFzXXL-Z_Sg&t=1

Sky-Sports-News-on-Transf-001.jpg

And a moments silence for a scene we will sadly not witness this window [pun very much intended];

Harry%2BRedknapp%2Barriving%2Bat%2Bthe%2Bclubs%2Btraining%2Bground%2Bthis%2Bmorning.jpeg

So folks.... let the madness commence; ONLY 24HRS LEFT :eek: :eek: :eek:

# Andy Carroll confirmed as a loanee to West Ham is probably the biggest move thus far at the start of this epic 24hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Whatever happened to OPENROAD (That was his name right?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Are you going to be posting every hour on the hour with a new pic? :D

Sorry, I don't remember which poster that used to do that, was it you OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

QPR have hired Stuart Webber who was director of recruitment for the Liverpool Academy when we were linked with Magri so not surprised to see them pick him up.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Listening to 5live this evening they were saying it could get very crazy tomorrow and in Jan. as well. the PL money is going to be huge with the new rights coming into play next year. The team that finishes bottom gets more money than Man City got for winning it last year so no one will want to go down. So expect huge money to change hands tomorrow and in the Jan transfer window.

This man likes this

SNA02JIM1--682_1447236a.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

De Jong has landed in Milan, having medical tonight, will be presented tomorrow.

It was another Arsenal fan; OPENROAD who sadly doesn't seem to post around here anymore. I'll keep it up for a few hours, need help for the wee hours though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

I can see this being overhyped to blow out as an anti climax. I don't see anything like the TDD of January 2011 with Fernando Torres appearing on Big Ben in a Chelsea shirt, that was a WOW image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

@paddypower Andy Carroll spotted in London flat after signing. pic.twitter.com/3ZS3Ck8z

:D

Seaneh wrote: »
    De Jong has landed in Milan, having medical tonight, will be presented tomorrow.

Ye've had a cracking window Seaneh, I know losing Ibra and Silva is a huge loss but considering the money you've got for them and the players you've brought in... Not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gonna miss the last hour. Boo-hoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Let's watch Liverpool fans go into meltdown with rumours about all sorts of signings then sign Danny Sturridge for £30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

cson wrote: »

Ye've had a cracking window Seaneh, I know losing Ibra and Silva is a huge loss but considering the money you've got for them and the players you've brought in... Not bad at all.
    Not sure if serious.

It is not a deadline day without a SSN reporter being surrounded by Stoke fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Fingers crossed for Dzeko to Juve.

7a0.png

Montolivo and Dejong are very good signings.

Zapata was decent, Niang is a great signing for the future.

Acerbi will be a good player and I hope he can prove me right.

But it's be a ****ing horrible window.

Not sure if serious.

Cleared out most of the high earning older players; got huge money for 2 players and they've signed Montolivo, Niang, Bojan and De Jong. Its a new chapter for the club.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for Dzeko to Juve.

Allegedly in for Bendtner on loan :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Milan have a sh1t team. The worst I've seen since 2001.

Its been an awful summer if your a Milan fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Cleared out most of the high earning older players; got huge money for 2 players and they've signed Montolivo, Niang, Bojan and De Jong. Its a new chapter for the club.

Yeah a chapter entailing mid table mediocrity and a mostly empty stadium. There'll probably be more defensive midfielders at the stadium than fans at this stage.

I'm gutted.

Weird thing is,if we signed a good left full, centre back and striker I reckon we'd walk the league...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Weird thing is,if we signed a good left full, centre back and striker I reckon we'd walk the league...

Won't Vila do okay at LB. Surely ye'll sign a striker and a CB before tomorrow evening.

Mbiwa and you'd be set imo. Look its just my opinion that you had an ageing team with a lot of egos and big wages; you've cleared them out got big money and invested it in value buys [De Jong] and youth [Niang].

Mbiwa and you'd be set imo. Look its just my opinion that you had an ageing team with a lot of egos and big wages; you've cleared them out got big money and invested it in value buys [De Jong] and youth [Niang].

The older players going isn't the end of the world. They needed to go.

But Losing Thiago Silva and Zlatan, the two best players in Serie A, and replacing them with Zapata and Bojan, that's a joke.

De Jong is a great replacement for Van Bommel/Gattuso. Montolivo is a great replacement for Seedorf.

Vila will do ok when he gets back from injury but I don't know if Milan fancy him at all, he's a very good player!

I really don't think we will sign anyone else after De Jong.

Rumour with Yanga-Mbiwa is we are happy to wait until next season and get him for free and he has pretty much agreed to it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

'Arry will form his own club with all those out of contract players. F.C. Wheeler Dealer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Can't wait for the buck toothed guy outside Shearers bar trying to generate excitement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RikkFlair wrote: »
    'Arry will form his own club with all those out of contract players. F.C. Wheeler Dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't know about that, I thought the 2009 squad was worse, so many tired legs and players who had lost the motivation to play. At least today, Milan look a fresher team with a lot of prospects (El Sharawy, Niang, De Sciglio, etc.) and a lot of very good players (Pato, Robinho, Boateng, Montolivo, De Jong, etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I hope Westwood gets a move somewhere but I've heard no rumours on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Babelcopter should be clocking up a lot of miles tomorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

23 Hours left :pac:

Take Robinho off that list, he's so frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

GavRedKing wrote: »
    23 Hours left :pac:
    It's complete car crash tv, and SSN creaming themselves over every little rumour is pathetic, but yeah, it's a guilty pleasure! I'd nearly like them to get 'arry into the studio to opine wildly as the evening unfolds.

We gotta keep up the hourly tradition, whos up next hour? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City could sign some or all of Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Sinclair and Maicon. Should be a fun day.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    City could sign some or all of Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Sinclair and Maicon. Should be a fun day.

Expensive day.

Hoping we add one more, a proper CF having only 2 in the squad is risky buisness.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Expensive day.

Hoping we add one more, a proper CF having only 2 in the squad is risky buisness.

Could be, yet people keep saying the spending is stopping. I'd take the first three but don't want Maicon.

You boys definitely need another striker. Any sort of injury to Torres and you're fecked up top.

• Advertisement

United signings are done but one whopper of a deal for a central midfielder would make my day! Hope a couple of loans get sorted out for the younger guys too and maybe a couple of transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Im hearing

Kaka to Newcastle
    Vikash Dhorasoo to Bolton
    Patrick Kluivert to Stoke
    and Neil Redfearn to a relegation candidate club

Benjani to be spotted at an airport complete with sleeping bag.

Did Klasnic leave Bolton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im hearing

Kaka to Newcastle

I was all like... "He's still around!?!?!" but then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland prediction:

In - Danny Rose (loan)

Out - Richardson (Fulham) and Kilgallon (Leeds or Blackburn)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Im hearing

Kaka to Newcastle
    Post this on twitter and watch it appear on SSN within the hour

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As a newcastle suporter im hoping for 1-2 in and none out ...BUT ... I fear 1-3 out with no-one in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

hope Sky roll in those Arsenal fans from last year making faces - cracked me up - dosn't take much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Everyone tweet at sky sports news saying Kaka has being spotted outside Saint james park to see if they mention it on air :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement