Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

racso1975 wrote: »
    liverpool turned down on 18mill bid for lewendowski

That came from a fake twitter account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Sorry to chime in, but reading the names of Babel and Lewandowski got me thinking about something. I was interested if anyone know why a lot of the Bundesliga stars seem to be moving away (Kagawa, Marin, Podolski etc)? I don't really follow the transfer game or the finances, but is there some problems over there matching the wages of the bigtime players or is it just a coincidence? :confused: Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

That came from a fake twitter account.

Thanks was sky news i got it from :rolleyes: Better off waiting here for the real news i think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Berba to Fulham has been confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Sorry to chime in, but reading the names of Babel and Lewandowski got me thinking about something. I was interested if anyone know why a lot of the Bundesliga stars seem to be moving away (Kagawa, Marin, Podolski etc)? I don't really follow the transfer game or the finances, but is there some problems over there matching the wages of the bigtime players or is it just a coincidence? :confused: Thanks.

Only Kagawa was a real Bundesliga star from what you've named there, Podolski was good but his team weren't. Marin was a bit of a flash in the pan but has potential to improve. Javi Martinez just moved to the Bundesliga ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Berba to Fulham is a done deal.

A1og2zuCYAAuAdW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Podolski has always been a Bundesliga star..

berba done to fulham for 2 years

edit: he looks so happy in that pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Hardly. Very far from it during his time with Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Good luck Berbatov.

I hope and know you'll you bang in tonnes of goals. (not against us, of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Welcome Richard Wright \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Would that not be more to do with his exploits for the national team though? He's always done well with Koln but I thought a lot of opinions on him turned sour when his Bayern move didn't really work out. Always been one of my favourite players though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hardly. Very far from it during his time with Bayern.

And fantastic with Köln as a youngster before that, and then again after that. Coupled with his performances for the NT. He has always been a star.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Would that not be more to do with his exploits for the national team though? He's always done well with Koln but I thought a lot of opinions on him turned sour when his Bayern move didn't really work out. Always been one of my favourite players though...

Opinions of Bayern fans soured, because so much was expected of him. Lots of players move to a bigger club and don't do well, he was 21/22 and away from home for the first time. The pressure on him was too much and it didn't work out. That doesn't take him out of the ''Bundesliga star'' category.

Babel back to Ajax on a one-year deal apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What an embarrassment those Stoke fans are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

-Ade- wrote: »
    Babel back to Ajax on a one-year deal apparently.

Didnt someone say earlier that he offered to go back and Ajax said no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

A1og2zuCYAAuAdW.jpg

He can barely contain his excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Babel has bought himself out at Hoffenheim, he wasnt released.
    Hoffenheim wanted €3m from potential buyers but since that wasnt going to happen he bought himself out in order not to have to sit out the 1st half of the season at the reserves of Hoffenheim.
    Even if nothing happens for him today, he is able to join a club after todays deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Melion wrote: »
    Didnt someone say earlier that he offered to go back and Ajax said no thanks

That would have been me....

Same website now says there is a verbal agreement he ll join them after all on a 1 year deal. :confused:

Ajax do need a cfwd as Sigturson, talented as he is, is again injured. Missed heaps of last season and now dislocated his shoulder while ****ing around in the gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A1og2zuCYAAuAdW.jpg

Superb signing that, well done to Fulham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    What an embarrassment those Stoke fans are.

it shouldn't be a surprise.

the minute they booed Ramsey on Sunday it should've become clear how classless that lot are.

santa cruz reported to be having medical at malaga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Lloris just pictured arriving for his medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A1onJCVCIAAVsmz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hugo Lloris at Spurs Lodge,some collection of keepers by Spurs now all top keepers and....ahem cough Gomes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hugo Lloris at Spurs Lodge,some collection of keepers by Spurs now all top keepers and....ahem cough Gomes

Any idea of the fee been mentioned?

GavRedKing wrote: »

Noting said yet about the fee on SSN

Even old Harry would be proud of AVB's wheeling and dealing skills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A1onJCVCIAAVsmz.png

1321348441-bale.jpg

It's reported to be around 9.5m up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

^^
    Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Tottenham agree a fee with Lyon of €10m plus €5m in variables for Hugo Lloris. The France goalkeeper is in London taking a medical. #THFC

€10m plus €5m in variables for Lloris according to Duncan Castles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Maicon signed for City?

Wish I got up earlier. Love TDD. :)

SuprSi wrote: »
    It's reported to be around 9.5m up front.

Bargain if he can reproduce the form of 2, 3 years ago, as I think I said already in this thread.

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A1onJCVCIAAVsmz.png

Jason Roberts!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I joke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

10million + 5 in variables (not sure if pounds or euros) apparently the Lyon chairman is fuming about Levy's shenanigans and deal may not go through (probably just SSN trying to drive up the tension)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Bargain if he can reproduce the form of 2, 3 years ago.

Bit worrying though if ya have to say that about a goalkeeper who is 25. His form should only be getting better the older he gets. Ive never seen what the fuss was about over Lloris, but obviously Spurs need a new keeper to replace Friedel.

Surprised that no EPL team made a move for VDV,he would have been a great addition to any of the top sides imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I hate saying it, but Spurs are showing how to invest when you sell a star player. They lose Modric and VDV, and sign Moutinho, Dembele, Vertonghen, Gylfi and Adebayor for about the same money.

When Liverpool sold Alonso and Mascherano, we bought Aquilani and Meireles...

Surprised that no EPL team made a move for VDV,he would have been a great addition to any of the top sides imo

They may have but apparently he wanted to go back to Hamburg, as did his wife. He's hugely popular over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

SuprSi wrote: »
    They may have but apparently he wanted to go back to Hamburg, as did his wife. He's hugely popular over there.

As is his wife :D

• Advertisement

Bit worrying though if ya have to say that about a goalkeeper who is 25. His form should only be getting better the older he gets. Ive never seen what the fuss was about over Lloris, but obviously Spurs need a new keeper to replace Friedel.

The year or two leading up to the WC 2010 he was excellent for Lyon in the league and Europe and made some really important saves against us in the WC playoff.

They have to replace Friedel and Cudicini is no spring chicken and Gomes.........well hes just Gomes so less said the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

inforfun wrote: »
    £12million which worked out around €18/19m in those days.

:D You do that for all transfers?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone watching SSN see the boy in the blue hoody behind the reporter at Liverpool :D

Tough job been a Sky reporter on transfer deadline day,imagine if they sent out the likes of Hayley Mcqueen and Nat Sawyer to report back to the studio,fellas in the background would have to be put in straight jackets :)

He wouldnt get into City, Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal's team at the moment.

Not when they have Silva, Kagawa, Hazard, Cazorla all to do a similar job to VDV in playing off a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Moutinho deal hits snag with personal terms.

Liverpool in for Benayoun. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

The bloke on the gate at Finch Farm (Evertons training ground) told all the kids hanging about that Essien was at Goodison so they all dashed off. He said this so they could get Oviedo in without any hassle.

Sky saying Moutinho to Spurs has hit a snag over personal terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Sky saying Moutinho to Spurs has hit a snag over personal terms.

Yeh, he would personally prefer to join a big club. :D

Fu*k the tennis SSN,its all about transfers today

• Advertisement
Advertisement