Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How come no-one tried to sign Falcao from Athletico Madrid, they aren't even playing CL football this season.

Chelsea were linked, i think the money put them off but im sure Roman is changing his mind very rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

How come no-one tried to sign Falcao from Athletico Madrid, they aren't even playing CL football this season.

They only bought him last year for 50m. They'd want more than that now. Who is willing to pay that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Wrong thread dude. You need to go here >>>>>>>>>>
    Ok whatever :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

fockin classic " he'll be asking himself whats the french for cul de sac.....cause he'll be in one" re clint dempsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Melion wrote: »
    8 minutes without a post???? Whats going on?

Im watching the Falcao show, has Jim White exploded yet?

Girlfriends turned over to Eastenders.

I`ve been banished to the office, and told her i`m working. She does not like me talking to you lot. Has even tried to find out my username. ( She even wrote a little message during the Euro`s )

Was going to lie and say i was someone else, but having assessed all the users, that is probably a bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Iain Dowie -
    Glass, glass half full, glass half empty, glass, whatever is in that glass, glass half full or glass half empty, you have to drink it at 11pm.

What the fucking fuck?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I`ve been banished to the office, and told her i`m working. She does not like me talking to you lot. Has even tried to find out my username. ( She even wrote a little message during the Euro`s )

Was going to lie and say i was someone else, but having assessed all the users, that is probably a bad idea.

So it wasnt you whos girlfriend posted on his account when he went to the toilet the other day then???? That was hilarious but i cant find it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I need one of those rolling across the screen smilies!!!

So it wasnt you whos girlfriend posted on his account when he went to the toilet the other day then???? That was hilarious but i cant find it now

Somebody said she did but it was deleted.

Edit:- Thanks GK.

Must learn to lock laptop / bring phone with me.

Actually just thinking, she must know my username on here...unless she is blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Check the off-topic thread. Those posts have been moved in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Falcoa to score a couple against Chelsea tonight and then they'll rush to sign him up .

Wouldn't be surprised now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd love to know where all these Stoke fans were before they got promoted? Utter, utter idiots.

Just saw a landrover pull in at liverpool on SSN, thought Arry woz about!

Somebody said she did but it was deleted.

Edit:- Thanks GK.

Must learn to lock laptop / bring phone with me.

Actually just thinking, she must know my username on here...unless she is blind.

There was also something about a small mickey posted. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You player!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Hope Fulham don't lose their resolve now with a few hours to go. Dempsey has been throughly classless in this window and deserves to be left in the wilderness IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

SSN report Liverpool signing Dempsey is 'extremely unlikely'

Dave Bassett seems to think 5 times £5m is £12m. :pac:

Degag wrote: »
    Hope Fulham don't lose their resolve now with a few hours to go. Dempsey has been throughly classless in this window and deserves to be left in the wilderness IMO.

If he does stay it would be hilarious if they just made him play in the reserves for the season. It'd never happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Apparently (and thats a big one!) Fulham have rejected a £4 million + Henderson bid for Dempsey.
    Don't think it's true tbh!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    If he does stay it would be hilarious if they just made him play in the reserves for the season. It'd never happen though.
    I'd be surprised if he hasn't moved in the next 2 hours, either by Fulham caving to his demands or Liverpool upping their offer. But yes, it would be hilarious.

Poor Jim thinks its January.

Apparently (and thats a big one!) Fulham have rejected a £4 million + Henderson bid for Dempsey.
    Don't think it's true tbh!

Henderson on a permanent deal? They paid 20m last season!

Henderson on a permanent deal? They paid 20m last season!

That's what I'm thinking! Can't be true with the price they paid 12 months ago!

What's Javi Garcia like? Can't say I've seen much of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

He has been a disgrace. Hope they banish him to the reserves.

Megan broke the toilet guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Iain Dowie Quote about glasses

What the fucking fuck?

I think he wants a drink...

Anyone?

That said, watching the Chelsea game, I've cracked open the gin now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How much are Fulham looking for?

• Advertisement

Where's the big shock signing like VDV 2 years ago??
    Pity Harry isn't managing!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Think Villa's offer earlier was 7m. Don't know why Liverpool won't cough it up. He may not have much class but he's well worth that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Villa's bid was supposed to be 7m. 5 up front and 2 in instalments

Ian Dowie seems to think Lloris won't go straight into the Spurs team. Can't help but feel that he isn't coming to sit on the bench even for a short period of time.

Ian Dowie has a great knack of talking for 10 minutes without actually saying anything at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ian Dowie has a great knack of talking for 10 minutes without actually saying anything at all.

I think Dowie said it best when he said "Hey, you guys!"

• Advertisement

Ian Dowie seems to think Lloris won't go straight into the Spurs team. Can't help but feel that he isn't coming to sit on the bench even for a short period of time.

He'll be straight in next week I reckon, there's not a hope in hell they'll have paid £10m + for a keeper to sit on the bench for any length of time. Looks like Villas-Boas is making a lot of changes very quickly this time around again. I thought he'd have taken things a bit slower with Spurs after what happened at Chelsea. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Ramirez is a real coup for Soton! Could be a big player

He'll be straight in next week I reckon, there's not a hope in hell they'll have paid £10m + for a keeper to sit on the bench for any length of time. Looks like Villas-Boas is making a lot of changes very quickly this time around again. I thought he'd have taken things a bit slower with Spurs after what happened at Chelsea. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
    He doesn't have a bunch of senior pros at Spurs who want to do his job for him in fairness. Spurs have done good business this Summer even when you look at the quality that has actually left.

Is the Moutinho deal off?

He doesn't have a bunch of senior pros at Spurs who want to do his job for him in fairness. Spurs have done good business this Summer even when you look at the quality that has actually left.

Still on going

Where's the big shock signing like VDV 2 years ago??
    Pity Harry isn't managing!
    Big shock that newcastle (my team) have (so far) not lost any players!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Difference is a lot of players have been moved out as well very young squad all brought in knowing who the boss is.

Liverpool will get Dempsey I'd say. Someone has to provide the last minute drama.

Can't understand how they haven't gotten a striker though. They look thinner up top than Kenny Cunningham at this stage.

Difference is a lot of players have been moved out as well very young squad all brought in knowing who the boss is.

Very fair points.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Alot of talk about Cabaye though! Arsenal and United talk but ya can't believe everything ya hear! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

SSN had the spurs goalkeeping coach on earlier (talking from the window of his car, 'Arry lives on!) and he said Friedel was one of the best in the league and Lloris would provide him some competition. Didnt sound like a sure thing for Lloris to start from him anyway.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Taylor will be a big loss for ye though

Essien to Madrid, interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

@iainmacintosh
    Jesus Christ. They're going to tear Gary Cotterill limb from limb and eat him at midnight, aren't they?

Essien to Madrid, interesting

If one man can get him going again it's The Special One.

From BBC Sport:

I told you earlier that Tottenham were sniffing around Clint Dempsey, and here is confirmation from BBC Sport "Clint Dempsey is at Spurs Lodge, the training ground. There is a very strong change he will be a Tottenham player come 11 o'clock. The fee has been agreed between the clubs and he is set to undergo a very quick medical."

• Advertisement
Advertisement