Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

awec wrote: »
    Ferguson lacked the bollocks to select a team that could win that game.

That team selection had "please don't lose" written all over it.

Because if he had of gone for it they would have been absolutely mangled, like the 6-1 game. The United team isn't good enough in the middle of the park to go for against any top team, it hasn't been for a couple of years either, it was like the CL Final last year all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    Delighted for City! Beat us next weekend ye're champs tbh I can't see ye not winning it! Fair play to ye...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Geoff Shreeves: "So Alex, City are top now..."
    Followed by, "Do you think you can live long enough to win another league?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Poor poor display by us. Serious underperformace tonight form a lot of players. Rooney was ****e. City deserved the win. We will need major reinforcements in the summer to even compete with them next season with the likely spending spree they will go on. You never know though. Newcastle could do us a massive favour:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

He'll put that Shreeves in place quick enough, don't worry about that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hope United go out and smash Swansea for 6 or 7 next week. That'd make the last day nuts :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

SantryRed wrote: »
    Because if he had of gone for it they would have been absolutely mangled, like the 6-1 game. The United team isn't good enough in the middle of the park to go for against any top team, it hasn't been for a couple of years either, it was like the CL Final last year all over again.
    Nobody is saying go all out, but to start both Giggs and Scholes, as well as Park, and drop all 3 of Valencia, Young and Welbeck was nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Delighted for Kompany. Fair play to City, best team in England for sure. Two convincing derby wins. Newcastle will be tough, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Draw
    fair play Kompany, hes City's Vidic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Woeful from Utd tonight.

Two shots all game, and not a single shot on target - disgraceful statistics.

They don't deserve to win a raffle with a performance like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Amazing how the '20' logos are nowhere to be seen now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Did they shake hands at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Title isn't over yet. I could well see City dropping points on Saturday against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Thrill wrote: »

Surprisingly, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Thrill wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did he just say "city edged it 59-41" about the possession?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Draw
    Anyone wrote: »
    Fergie doesnt give interviews when they lose.

Ah cop on will ya. Threads been surprisingly well behaved so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Draw
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Whats more amazing is that a Liverpool fan brings that up in a thread where United lost a game. Or is it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Draw
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Title isn't over yet. I could well see City dropping points on Saturday against Newcastle.

Not if Newcastle play like they did at the weekend. Utd at Swansea is no walkover either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Man United

I agree but utd could also drop points against sunderland especially last game of season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Draw
    Today really really showed up the United midfield. At all the crunch periods of the game, where United would normally step up the pressure, City just dealt with it and regained control in the middle.

In fairness, everywhere else, United still look strong, but they really, really need to rebuild in the centre this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United

You have short memory!!

Damien360 wrote: »
    Not if Newcastle play like they did at the weekend. Utd at Swansea is no walkover either.

Swansea are on a very poor run of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Not amazing considering the 20 looks unlikely now. Use your head.

Draw
    It is if they defend like they did at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Draw

United play Swansea at home I think, the final game is Sunderland away, gonna be tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Draw
    nuxxx wrote: »
    United play Swansea at home I think, the final game is Sunderland away, gonna be tough

United reserves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Man United

I think Newscastle bar Wigan, have been very good to date, and bearing in mind that Wigan have had the best form as of late, with only the amount of goals casting a cloud.

Newscastle next game, tomorrow, will reveal all, if they up their tempo to pre-Wigan levels, I can see them nicking a point off City, they'll be just as hungry as City will be tbh. So it really all boils down to Man Utd. against Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw
    Beautiful

1623448_full-lnd.jpg

1623449_full-lnd.jpg

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »

It's a nothign game for Sunderland though. If they were battling relegation they might have a hope. The only way City are winning this is with 2 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Utd made to pay their defensive tactics. City easily the better team. Utd having zero shots on target says it all. Dont think anyone can argue that City have been the best team in the league this season and looks like they will be at the top for a long time to come. Congrats City on winning the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Man City fans haven't been this happy since they were Chelsea fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Draw
    Kompany was outstanding tonight, as was zabaleta, united were very poor. Looking forward to the last 2 games. What a finale to the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Man United
    Poor game with all the hype to be fair. Cant believe how poor United were tonight, honestly thought they'd give 'em a right go in the second half. Fair play to City.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Whats more amazing is that a Liverpool fan brings that up in a thread where United lost a game. Or is it?:rolleyes:

Nothing to do with Liverpool at all.
    You have short memory!!

Don't get this at all?
    Not amazing considering the 20 looks unlikely now. Use your head.

I am using my head but maybe Utd fans should use theirs,not counting chickens and all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Well done Man City Ireland celebrates !!!

Draw
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Man City fans haven't been this happy since they were Chelsea fans

Thought this thread was going surprisingly well, nice to see many United fans gracious in defeat I must say and they must be commended.

Pity there is going to be idiotic and bitter comments like this though!

Ah no I assume your messing tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, Newcastle should be really up for it after the Wigan drubbing.

Best result for the neutral tonight. City were excellent, the pressure they put on United when they had the ball was near Barcaesque.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

decies wrote: »

Stephen Ireland?

decies wrote: »
    They sold him, so if anything, I'd say he's a bit p1ssed off.

• Advertisement

Well said.

This thread has been well behaved for the most part - City fans delighted that they won and rightly so, and United fans bemoaning a poor performance. Yet as soon as the FT whistle goes, the digs from fans of neither club start flying. Another strong backing for match threads to be locked at full time tbh.

If this match had been on a Sunday afternoon, it would have been a trainwreck. The difference? School in the morning.

It's called banter: Are you saying if Utd had won that it wouldn't be full of gloating Utd supporters and 20 posters etc?

Draw
    Nothing to do with Liverpool at all.
    I know but you are a fan of Liverpool fc and one of those that loves to hate United. All you are doing here is trying to wind up fans who have lost a critical game. Very sad.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Thought this thread was going surprisingly well, nice to see many United fans gracious in defeat I must say and they must be commended.

Pity there is going to be idiotic and bitter comments like this though!

Ah no I assume your messing tbf

Better team won tbf

Draw
    Wouldn't it be some drama if both dropped points at North east.

Tbh think both will get 6. But gee a few weeks ago thought Utd would be champs by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Good to see Fergie being gracious during the game though. Always classy

Draw
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Better team won tbf

Definitely. Poor team selection cost ye I think. Park was awful as was Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Keep forgetting Newcastle have to play Chelsea on Wednesday. Extra 2 days off for City is massive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

It's called banter: Are you saying if Utd had won that it wouldn't be full of gloating Utd supporters and 20 posters etc?

In fairness you'd be the first to piss and moan if United fans poked fun at a crucial Liverpool loss. Double standards eh?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw
    Fergie's interview! Mancini is right in his head, brilliant!

Draw
    Keep forgetting Newcastle have to play Chelsea on Wednesday. Extra 2 days off for City is massive!

Chelsea will tear us apart I think. Confidence could be very low going into weekend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement