Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Really don't think Gallagher should be on about Fergie and the whiskey when his own family has it's fair share of alcohol problems. Talk about a bit of shameless self promoting.

As a United fan, must say that Hart and Kompany are two genuinely classy characters. Always carry themselves well on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Draw
    Mick Hucknall ftw

A sarcastic rendition of 'Money's Too Tight To Mention' aimed at City perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Oasis is are a Beatles cover band, though a damn pretty good one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Draw
    Really don't think Gallagher should be on about Fergie and the whiskey when his own family has it's fair share of alcohol problems. Talk about a bit of shameless self promoting.

As a United fan, must say that Hart and Kompany are two genuinely classy characters. Always carry themselves well on and off the pitch.

Don't expect Liam to make sense. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Mr Alan wrote: »
    That was years ago, in the era of flares and black and white.

Us Liverpool fans call em 'the good aul days' :(

Rumour has it the Beatles are making a comeback next year!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

hey hey foget hucknall, united have mani from the stone roses who are > than oasis...

wrong thread i know :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A sarcastic rendition of 'Money's Too Tight To Mention' aimed at City perhaps.

Followed by a duet from Giggs & Scholes " Holding Back The Years"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

K-9 wrote: »
    Oasis is are a Beatles cover band, though a damn pretty good one.

Beatles cover bands are actually better than oasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    With the title? And who really gives a flying one? Shows we've a bit of a sense of humour about us if nothing else unlike a lot of the stiffs in football.

It's not about having a sense of humour. We know City clearly have a sense of humour, they employed Garry Cook ffs. It's about being professional and not letting buffoons like Liam Gallagher hog the feckin limelight after the most important game of the season. That pic gets more embarrassing every time I look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Oh God. We have bad enough football arguments in here without throwing a musical element in as well!

• Advertisement

Anyway, the Stone Roses were damn good but the best stones rolled!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Followed by a duet from Giggs & Scholes " Holding Back The Years"

Who sings Blue Monday? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Only saw the last 15 - what was the goal like? De Gaa fault?

Young was crap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Eh Rammstein are better than the lot of them. If Hertha let Rammstein do press conferences I would probably never stop watching.

'So what did you think of the match today?'

***** load of pyrotechnics*

Press conference ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw
    It's not about having a sense of humour. We know City clearly have a sense of humour, they employed Garry Cook ffs. It's about being professional and not letting buffoons like Liam Gallagher hog the feckin limelight after the most important game of the season. That pic gets more embarrassing every time I look at it.

If that's the only criticism you have about tonight then I'll sleep very soundly. Means absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Who sings Blue Monday? :)

New Order.. which originated from Joy Division.. who are/were City fans. And no. Just no.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Only saw the last 15 - what was the goal like? De Gaa fault?.

Why would you assume that?

New Order.. which originated from Joy Division.. who are/were City fans. And no. Just no.

Meant which United player. I know it is a New Order song. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Oh God. We have bad enough football arguments in here without throwing a musical element in as well!

You gotta roll with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If that's the only criticism you have about tonight then I'll sleep very soundly. Means absolutely nothing.

Well, that told me didn't it!

• Advertisement

You gotta roll with it!

dont go away!

Because he flaps at every corner - imo just not good enough.

Because he flaps at every corner - imo just not good enough.

Not good enough...just like Lucas. Ah you and your controversial, incorrect opinions.

CSF wrote: »
    Not good enough...just like Lucas. Ah you and your controversial, incorrect opinions.

Tends to be a regular on Liverpool match threads, didn't know the hate was shared.

Hansen raised the point so I presume that is where he getting it, he didn't see the match after all.

Tbh, I did see Hansens point, it's is as if he has to come for every corner to prove a point. It's something that will come in time, his judgement will get better.

Not something I noticed watching the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Draw
    As a neutral (that had a some money going on to City to win tonight) I thought Joe Hart looked nervous. The thing was United never tested him - that was surprising.

Mancini is still saying Man U are favourites. I have found his post match interviews intriguing in recent times, but he's definitely on the right track now. Play it down, as much as possible, and let his players do the talking on the pitch. Really hope they go on and lift the title now.

CSF wrote: »

Well Lucas is good enough for a mid table team but not really any higher-

on topic from what I've seen of de gaa he flip flops at crosses and corners. Cant see him there the season after next.

So not really controversial just an unbiased opinion.

on topic from what I've seen of de gaa he flip flops at crosses and corners. Cant see him there the season after next.

Not unbiased, silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

You gotta roll with it!

It was all part of The Masterplan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I couldn't care less about this game, but absolutely delighted Kompany scored the winner.

Easily one of the best center halfs in the world, and a great guy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I bet you €40 he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Did you watch the last couple of minutes of the game? Hart didn't exactly cover himself in class, and I don't honestly remember any time he has.

As for the rest of them, excellent performance, and throughout the season they really did deserve it. Just hoping Newcastle can do us a favour now. Even if we don't deserve it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw
    What did Hart do? :confused:

Also, you must never have heard him interviewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

parc wrote: »
    Not being bitter here when I say this, I swear (like I said fair play to city, deserved it) but it's bit of a joke that. You think united, real, ac milan, barca, bayern would let a token celebrity fan into a post-match press conference. No chance.

City have some great players, who are class professionals - kompany etc but this makes city look like a joke. Don't know if it's marketing but they'll turn the club into a circus. great to watch I agree, but not really something that a club should be doing imo, i wouldn't want it as a supporter. If results go wrong, does it carry on? Where does the circus stop?

I quite like Oasis, and City deserved to win tonight, but this is fcking pathetic if any member of the City staff let that fcukwit do this. Seriously, to let some retarded washed-up celebrity into a press conference and have him dish out personal insults to the oppositions manager???

I'm not neutral in this, but if I was I'd like to think this would have me funking big time for a Newcastle win next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Stone Roses >>>>Oasis

Just saying....;)

.....The Fall "d1ck all over" every other Manchester band.

That said, Mark E. Smith is a City fan.

In another completely off-topic matter, when will Joe Hart give up on trying to coin the phrase "deeeecent". It's not going to happen.

He reminds of Pierce from Community with his "Streets Ahead" line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Tbh, I did see Hansens point, it's is as if he has to come for every corner to prove a point. It's something that will come in time, his judgement will get better.

Not something I noticed watching the match.

I didn't see MOTD but did see the match. He flapped at the first corner and got nowhere near it which lead to a second corner where they got the goal. He is extremely bad when coming for crosses. I genuinely think he's the worst keeper I've seen under high ball at a top club. I think he'll be fine once he fills out but until then he is a liability for corners. You don't get too many corners against United though! Good keeper other than that currently major flaw which will surely be rectified in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Draw

He doesn't actually agree with it, it's all about the thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Man United
    parc wrote: »
    Not being bitter here when I say this, I swear (like I said fair play to city, deserved it) but it's bit of a joke that. You think united, real, ac milan, barca, bayern would let a token celebrity fan into a post-match press conference. No chance.

City have some great players, who are class professionals - kompany etc but this makes city look like a joke. Don't know if it's marketing but they'll turn the club into a circus. great to watch I agree, but not really something that a club should be doing imo, i wouldn't want it as a supporter. If results go wrong, does it carry on? Where does the circus stop?

Spot on ... poor decision from City to allow a moronic rent a gob like Gallagher represent their club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jive wrote: »
    I didn't see MOTD but did see the match. He flapped at the first corner and got nowhere near it which lead to a second corner where they got the goal. He is extremely bad when coming for crosses. I genuinely think he's the worst keeper I've seen under high ball at a top club. I think he'll be fine once he fills out but until then he is a liability for corners. You don't get too many corners against United though! Good keeper other than that currently major flaw which will surely be rectified in time.
    You see this annoys me. Hart is seen as the best goalkeeper in England and he came out and was dodgy on the few corners United had last night and kicked the ball out of play in panic in situations where De Gea did well. The first time De Gea didn't come for a corner City scored. He obviously isn't at the optimal level for crosses but he has been grand at them in the second half of the season and improving so fast that by next season he'll be up there with the best in the league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

You know it's been a fčükīñ great game and your team has been immense when the only chat connected to your club the following day is with regards to a past rocker....,
    LoL
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Man United
    Well done to City, best team won. The title is all theirs now.

United absolutely terrible, the worst performance that I've seen from a United side in quite some time. Personally, I blame SAF for the result last night. Park and Giggs shouldn't have been anywhere near the pitch last night. How could he possibly leave Valencia out of the team? He has been our best player all season when fit.

• Advertisement

Tends to be a regular on Liverpool match threads, didn't know the hate was shared.

Unfair criticism I think - I've posted on 9 Liverpool match threads. It probably looks like I regularly post anti Pool but it's just not the case, they were playing bad of late and I have been criticizing accordingly, I've also posted a lot of positives too about them - Same as when my team play good and bad, I'm just not a rose tinted glasses type of fan.
    Hansen raised the point so I presume that is where he getting it, he didn't see the match after all.

No I didnt see MotD or highlights, it was just from the matches I've seen and he flaps at everything and I dont mean punch, I mean an actual flap.

Very good shot stopper but United have a great defense and they need a keeper who can do the simple stuff well and De Gaa just doesnt have the command of his area or the ability to deal with crosses.

On the 15 minutes I've seen united just werent good enough. Young is crap, nobody able to keep the ball in midfield and Rooney was MIA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I presume this point has been raised before but I have to say as a neutral watching the game last night Niall Quinn was a disgrace

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Man United
    Not all of them are City fans, Peter Hook is a United fan for definite. The only City fan that I'm aware of out of Joy Division was Ian Curtis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man United
    Unfair criticism I think - I've posted on 9 Liverpool match threads. It probably looks like I regularly post anti Pool but it's just not the case, they were playing bad of late and I have been criticizing accordingly, I've also posted a lot of positives too about them - Same as when my team play good and bad, I'm just not a rose tinted glasses type of fan.

No I didnt see MotD or highlights, it was just from the matches I've seen and he flaps at everything and I dont mean punch, I mean an actual flap.

Very good shot stopper but United have a great defense and they need a keeper who can do the simple stuff well and De Gaa just doesnt have the command of his area or the ability to deal with crosses.

On the 15 minutes I've seen united just werent good enough. Young is crap, nobody able to keep the ball in midfield and Rooney was MIA.

:D everytime I read one of your posts I smile man, thank you so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

gustavo wrote: »
    I presume this point has been raised before but I have to say as a neutral watching the game last night Niall Quinn was a disgrace

You presumed right.........

Thread has been littered with negative comments about Quinn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Draw
    Only saw the last 15 - what was the goal like? De Gaa fault?

Young was crap too.

FFS! I've heard it all now!

Did Colm Cooper come on and stick away the winning goal!
    Did Alan Brogan hold the Goalkeeper back!

Why blame it on de Gaa! What about de Rugby or de Basketball!

Warning: This is a joke, do not take seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Man United
    I do think De Gea gets a hard time from the press for not coming for corners and crosses, he is young get, I think it's a confidence thing that will come with age, two of the most over-praised keepers in given and hart are worse at coming for crosses but it's rarely mentioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

5c28fecc-a77f-a4f7.jpg

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel absolutely fantastic this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Draw
    karma_ wrote: »
    5c28fecc-a77f-a4f7.jpg

Don't know about anyone else, but I feel absolutely fantastic this morning.

So ya should. A monumental result and season for you. The times they are a changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Draw
    Great win for City and to those die hard supporters, still see Newcastle nicking a point. Utd’s midfield is in dire need of an overhaul, couldn’t string two passes together and reverted to long balls. Kompany, Zabaleta and Toure all gave sterling performances. Can’t stand Hart, guy loves himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement