Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE Action Project

Options
  • 28-04-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I finished the write-up for my CSPE Action Project on Thursday the 26th of April. The SEC deadline for submission was Friday the 27th, so I finished a day before the deadline. But my CSPE teacher is refusing to submit all our projects until Tuesday the 1st of May because not everyone in my class is finished the project. I asked him on Friday if I could submit it on Friday and he said no. I asked him if i would be penalised for late submission and he again said 'no, i do it every year'.
    I'm just wondering if I really would be penalised for late submission or if it will be fine. I do have trouble believing my teacher on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Technically, anyone who submitted it on time would have a case if they wanted to appeal to the SEC that people were allowed extra time.

Your teacher needs a kick in the pants for not making sure the class had it done on time. No excuse, really. If Friday was the deadline and the projects were not in, well then tough, the late project people have missed out on 60% and it is their own fault.

If, for example, in your History exam, the supervisor took up your paper on time and allowed a few people a load of extra time - would you be happy? No and all the more so if they got higher grades than you in September.

Your teacher is very slack. What he/she is doing is very unfair on the kids who did their work on time as required. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

The projects don't get sent away until the actual exam in June. The same correcter corrects both the project and the exam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The projects don't get sent away until the actual exam in June. The same correcter corrects both the project and the exam.

Yes, but everyone is supposed to have the same deadline for the project. It's not a case of finish them just before the corrector gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

spurious wrote: »
    Yes, but everyone is supposed to have the same deadline for the project. It's not a case of finish them just before the corrector gets them.

I agree, I think it is extremely unfair that the OPs teacher is taking it upon him/herself to extend the classes deadline. However, I just want to assure the OP that he/she will not be penalised for it.

Don't you have to sign a sheet anyway saying that the project is your own work? I think that this has to be sent off by the deadline. Is this correct?

Yes, all the subjects with project/practical work have the blue sign-off sheet (P2).

It is important if a project for some reason doesn't get to the corrector, or if the corrector gets a paper without a project. The P2 is what they check to make sure it was submitted. A project will not be marked unless it is covered by the P2. By signing, the candidate and teacher and Principal are stating the project was the unaided work of the candidate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement