Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allergies

• 28-04-2012 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Got any allergies?
    Mine is an unusual one.
    Bananas.Yes, bananas.
    Makes me come out in a rash.
    I fcukin hate bananas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Friend of mine is allergic to Pringles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Beer can't stop sneezing after a few beers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Grass :(

I get horrible rashes on my arms in the Summer thanks to all the fresh cut grass

Penicillin, strawberries and tomatoes. Slight intolerance to pollen which sometimes indirectly triggers my vertigo. I'd make a good Jew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Hay fever will be arriving soon, to ruin my summer and others who have to listen to my cross eyed sneezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Lollers wrote: »
    Hay fever will be arriving soon, to ruin my summer and others who have to listen to my cross eyed sneezing.
    +1 I've only had hay fever a few years and hate it. I hate people cutting their grass and tending to their flowers. Sets it right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

None, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

No foods thankfully.

The odd bout of hayfever though; never had it as a kid but it appeared during my teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm allergic to penicillin now that you mention it, probably not a good sign that I completely forgot about it when first replying. Better get me one of them bracelets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Penicillin, and I think I'm after developing an allergy to eggs, because the last few times I've ate them, I've come out in loads of hives.......

EDIT - Wow, loads of people allergic to Penicillin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

certain metals cause my skin to rash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

just come out a huge rash, no idea what caused it.

my suspicion is hieneken so going to avoid that and see if thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Pepperoni gives me hives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Eggs and nuts. Hayfever if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Nickle, animal dander, pollen, grass, mold, dust, feathers, everything?

Anti-histamines are my friend :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Penicillin, Codeine, Iodine and any medications that have caffeine mixed in.

I get really itchy if I eat too much chilli or diet coke.

The only fruit I can eat is bananas coz everything else gives me horrible stomach cramps.

Am sure I have loads more but cant figure them out and just have to take 2 different types of anti histamines 3 times a day and carry an adrenalin shot with me in case I go into anaphalactic (sp?) shock.

EDIT: Forgot my hayfever which causes me so much misery pretty much all year round and my asthma which mould and dust seems to make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Pollen and coke (the black kind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Dust, polen, dog and cat dander, mould, kiwis, oranges, lemons. My mother was allergic to elastic, latex, penicillen, dust. Last year we discovered my son has a peanut allergy, though mild (he's 8):( No doubt he will inherit the rest of mine and my mothers in time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Me, I'm allergic to myself.

Seriously, tree pollen & cigarette smoke.

Those sticky things off ECG machines. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Tefral

Chocolate and Penicillin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Most shampoos and conditioners, soaps, detergents, washing up liquids, nearly all moisturisers and shower gels. Also tomatoes, soft cheeses, oranges and lemons. I have to use special shampoos, conditioners and soaps that smell terrible.
    I just come out in a rash though so it could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

No allergies here. That I know of, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just thought of another one but I'm not sure if it's an allergy or not...

I can only wear real gold earrings, If I wear anything else my ears get all scabby and disgusting. problem is I think gold earrings are knackery so I just let the holes close up to save hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

My worst and most of a nuisance is pollen which is pretty much guaranteed to ruin my summer like Lollers :mad: Allergic to dust - if I'm lying on a carpet I'll end up with itchy red patches on my legs and arms. And cats now as well I think - whenever I visit my aunt's house (who also owns two cats) my nose will automatically start running like crazy and like dust, will give me very itchy arms and legs and face even when there's no cat in the room,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Children. Every time I rub myself on them I get all sweaty and red.

Serious,the Pill and I have a sensitivity to codeine. I reckon some people are mixing up sensitivities and allergies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A sister of mine is also allergic to penicillin. Only found out when she was a baby. She got a dose and the doctor gave her penicillin and she could have died. It was roasting around that time weather wise and my sister was cold to touch. Such a frightening time for my family but she's ok now thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Hbear9111

Hey i am not allergic to anything ino off but last week i came out in hives on my right side on my ribs an two on my left knee dey stoped and went away den i woke up dis morning and der all over my ribs and my lower back on d left side dont no what causing dem! Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Hbear9111 wrote: »
    Hey i am not allergic to anything ino off but last week i came out in hives on my right side on my ribs an two on my left knee dey stoped and went away den i woke up dis morning and der all over my ribs and my lower back on d left side dont no what causing dem! Any suggestions?

Don't watch any episodes of House!
    It's probably nothing but you should get an allergy test done anyway.

I don't think there is anyone in the world who has absolutely no allergies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Don't know what is causing them, but bread soda will stop the itch!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Did you change any washing detergents/shower gels/shampoos lately?

I'm extremely allergic to cats and horses, and slightly allergic to dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Penicillin

Hey thats the thing iam not allergic to anything dat i no of i havent changed any thing i normaly use and i havnt been round any animals except my two dogs i have had dem for a long time tho i havent eaten or drank any thing dif ! Its strange brcause d new hives practicaly mirror d old ones!
    Ill try dat for d itching thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm allergic to tons of stuff. I had one of those scratch tests done in the Charlemont a few years back and turned out I was allergic to everything they tested me for. I'm also allergic to sea water, and to myself (if I exercise enough to sweat I normally come out in a huge red rash and million hives). Also, my left eye swells shut if it gets grass or pollen in it.

I'm a real catch.

dairy :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have hayfever..

Also, I seem to have an aversion to sugary alcoholic drinks.. the likes of Smirnoff Ice gives me terrible chest and shoulder pains :eek: I was close to asking for an ambulance one time at a wedding after I had drank a few bottles of the stuff..

Scary :(

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Eggs and fish. Fish makes me sick, straightforward enough. Eggs, different story, I can feel it in my mouth immediately if I've eaten something with egg (obviously that I didn't know was in there). Happened in a Thai restaurant some years back, got a lift home and it was a real dilemma whether to go home or go to hospital, swollen lips, etc.

Doesn't cause major problems (not dessert options though), but the amount of times I've asked for sandwiches in cafes with "no mayo" that whoever made the sameb interpreted this to mean "put sh1t loads of mayo on" is not funny anymore!

No i dont drink dont normaly come out in a rash from dairy and i avent ate any diff dairy products!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

xzanti wrote: »
    Also, I seem to have an aversion to sugary alcoholic drinks.. the likes of Smirnoff Ice gives me terrible chest and shoulder pains :eek: I was close to asking for an ambulance one time at a wedding after I had drank a few bottles of the stuff..

This is simply MENTAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Have a fatal wasp allergy. Have to carry andrenalin injections. Have had two lucky escapes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Have horrible hayfever, and they did those skin prick tests on me for different types of furs and stuff too... Out of the 8 things I was tested for, positive for 7. IGE was about 600 above what it was supposed to be too..

So essentially, I spend the majority of my days sneezing. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My OH has loads of food allergies. I'm thinking of cutting out wheat or dairy too because he has eczema too, and they can be triggers.

I have no allergies that I know of, but plasters make me itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lolz81

I'm allergic to doritos. I break out in fat.

Advertisement