Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why are they talking to Grossman? He hasn't played since 2011!! Another name doing the rounds is Jason Campbell, not great but at least he has been playing in some form in recent seasons. There are no good options unfortunately unless the Jets unearth the new Kurt Warner!

Mentioned him because I've read some articles on sites saying the Jets have already contacted him. Tyler Thigpens name was mentioned but for Grossman most articles saying there has been contact.

I don't see him getting snaps but probably just used as cover just in case.

EDIT: Oh sorry I thought you said why was I haha, I don't know why they contacted Grossman, has Bowles worked with him before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why are they talking to Grossman? He hasn't played since 2011!! Another name doing the rounds is Jason Campbell, not great but at least he has been playing in some form in recent seasons. There are no good options unfortunately unless the Jets unearth the new Kurt Warner!

Jason Campbell is retired apparently so I'm guessing he's not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jason Campbell is retired apparently so I'm guessing he's not an option.

He's listed as a free agent currently. Don't think he officially retired. Although he did decline some offers earlier in the off season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

franglan wrote: »
    Don't think they'll be a QB competition, Petty isin't ready.

Sorry I meant Fitz now has to be given 1st string reps so there'll be a decision to be made between him and Geno when Geno's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Amerika wrote: »
    Any chance the Titans might be willing to deal Zach Mettenberger?

I doubt the Jets will be looking to make a trade. Geno's not out for the whole year or anything, and with injuries like his one I'd expect him to be back closer to 6 than 10 weeks which would see him back mid September. Id expect any veteran signed to be cut again by the bye week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I've read the Jets have reached out to Rex Grossman, and Jared Lorenzen has reached out to the Jets (he does have a Super Bowl ring, but I doubt it now fits on his 320 pound frame... but gawd, it would be fun to watch.).

CMKdepMUMAAId0k.jpg

phatkev wrote: »
    I doubt the Jets will be looking to make a trade. Geno's not out for the whole year or anything, and with injuries like his one I'd expect him to be back closer to 6 than 10 weeks which would see him back mid September. Id expect any veteran signed to be cut again by the bye week

I think Fritzpatrick is a better QB than Smith, but he's a journeyman. Smith has been a disappointment and in many eyes not the future of the Jets. Now might be an opportunity to get a QB for the future in Mettenberger, as I doubt he’ll be happy playing behind Mariota.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Mid-September means week 2 or 3, no?

Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills claimed linebacker IK Enemkpali off waivers. I foresee two very ugly games this season.

• Advertisement

Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills claimed linebacker IK Enemkpali off waivers. I foresee two very ugly games this season.

There'll be some interesting blitz packages featuring himself anyway I'd imagine... Classic Rex though.

anyone else watch the game last night? I know its only preseason but that was ugly! there was so many missed tackles, Demario Davis and the two starting safeties had an absolute disaster. Amaro only got reps with the 3rd string offense and then left the game with a shoulder injury so that was a bit disappointing and the 2nd and 3rd string WR couldn't even catch a cold. the 2nd string o-line got bullied off the field too!
    First team offense looked good with Fitz at the helm but it was only one drive so we didn't get to see much. Ivory and Powell ran pretty hard.
    But as I said its the 1st game of the preseason so I dont have any real worries. they've got plenty of things to work on and hopefully we'll see improvements over the next 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Yeah not a lot of positives to take from what I saw of it. Basically summarised as their backups were a lot better than ours.

I see grossman reckons he'll be fit next week.it's interesting and hard to know what they'll do. If Fitz goes down are they happy for petty to take up.

I'll put the missed tackles down to start of season, hopefully, but I'm not as hopeful for the season as I was before

this guy seems to think Geno will be ready to go week 1, so we might not see any QB's coming in. Just let Petty take the majority of the pre-season snaps
    https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/632052771240341504

and for anyone that missed last nights game, heres an image for reddit that perfectly describes the game
    3dFTZ9Y.jpg

and for anyone that missed last nights game, heres an image for reddit that perfectly describes the game
    3dFTZ9Y.jpg

Yeah saw that on reddit, disappointing stuff.

• Advertisement

anyone else watch the game last night? I know its only preseason but that was ugly! there was so many missed tackles, Demario Davis and the two starting safeties had an absolute disaster. Amaro only got reps with the 3rd string offense and then left the game with a shoulder injury so that was a bit disappointing and the 2nd and 3rd string WR couldn't even catch a cold. the 2nd string o-line got bullied off the field too!
    First team offense looked good with Fitz at the helm but it was only one drive so we didn't get to see much. Ivory and Powell ran pretty hard.
    But as I said its the 1st game of the preseason so I dont have any real worries. they've got plenty of things to work on and hopefully we'll see improvements over the next 3 games

I avoided sports scores last night because the Jets game wasn’t televised live, but the game replay was scheduled to play at 11 pm on SNY (SportsNet New York). So 11 pm comes and I turn on SNY. The screen is black. Nothing? SNY is off air for then entire time the game as to be played.

I see the Jets didn’t lose another quarterback during the game... that’s progress, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched the condensed game of the jets from last night. Hopefully it's just pre season game stuff but it looked bad. The stats don't help as the jets were beaten in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I worked from home so I could watch it.

I sent the following to a work mate "Jets preseason optimism usually lasts til the end of preseason"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Watching the Jets Lions game here in Heathrow. Apart from all the misery of this game my own take away is that Kellen Moore is a horribly poor quarterback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Just looking back to the Geno incident, I thought the team handled it well. It was a quick and decisive move to get rid of that fruitcake.

• Advertisement

Jets bring in QB Matt Flynn. Probably the best option they had at this point.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2550886-matt-flynn-to-jets-latest-contract-details-comments-and-reaction

Another mediocre QB to look at, great!! I think they've realised through-out camp that there is no way they can role with Petty if Fitz goes down injured

Another mediocre QB to look at, great!! I think they've realised through-out camp that there is no way they can role with Petty if Fitz goes down injured

yeah exactly, watched/read the gif breakdown and analysis of all of Petty's 1st game throws, he looks exactly as raw as you'd expect... Some good things and some bad but jesus ya wouldn't fancy him having to step in for Fitz if he took a knock.

Flynn will be fine to warm the benches for a few weeks.

Leonard Williams came to play tonight! Dudes having a great game.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

https://vine.co/v/eDd7bYUd60q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Early Days but he looked great tonight.
    Sam Monson saying he will be another Tyson Jackson a while back... :pac:
    His close in speed is unreal.

Cromartie will give us massive headaches this season though. He's always been a ludraman but I have a feeling he's lost some speed.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Cromartie will give us massive headaches this season though. He's always been a ludraman but I have a feeling he's lost some speed.

He was so bad last night! The first team O and D besides a handful of guys were pretty pathetic again. I hadn't realized how poor Fitz arm is, he was struggling to throw the ball 15 yards. But the two's and three's gave a good showing. Petty had a nice game, if only there was someway to transplant his arm onto Fitz body we'd be right!
    The amount of penalties they gave up was so frustrating too, but preseason is the perfect place to iron out those mistakes

Not sure if anyone is up watching but the first string offense are looking good!

hots wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone is up watching but the first string offense are looking good!

Stacy looking strong and getting a lot of first team reps. Good roster competition. Reilly (olb I think) getting decent time with mauldin and pace out, seems to be rushing well enough.

Stacy looking strong and getting a lot of first team reps. Good roster competition.

Stacy just cemented the 3rd running back spot with that first half. he could be a real treat on goal line situation(something we were pretty bad at last season). first team defense doing alot better today, Cro had a nice pick 6. Demario Davis has been trash though, he will cause this team td's if he continues to play like he has this preseason, Pryor also not covering himself in glory

• Advertisement

Also having an actual number 1 WR will make so much difference to this team, Marshall is so much better than anything we've had the last few years

Stacy just cemented the 3rd running back spot with that first half. he could be a real treat on goal line situation(something we were pretty bad at last season). first team defense doing alot better today, Cro had a nice pick 6. Demario Davis has been trash though, he will cause this team td's if he continues to play like he has this preseason, Pryor also not covering himself in glory

Yeah davis is a real concern. One position where we're lacking depth and quality.

Great work from reilly again.

And a punt return td!!

Great work from reilly again.

And a punt return td!!

Far better than having decker back there, shaping up nicely.

Far better than having decker back there, shaping up nicely.

Yeah that was a disaster waiting to happen!
    I haven't heard anything about William's knee injury which is a bit worrying.

Yeah that was a disaster waiting to happen!
    I haven't heard anything about William's knee injury which is a bit worrying.

was on /r/nyjets and it seems to be assumed not to be serious but mri today... need him back for w1 anyway. Was good to see mo getting loads of reps last night too.

Yeah I just read its a bruised bone, I assume that wont affect him to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Granted it was a friendly but always enjoyable to beat the giants. Was in the city over the weekend but didnt have plans to go out to the Meadowlands.

Enjoyed the intercepted TD and the non tackle letting in Stacy!

022.jpg

023.jpg

Could Washington's RG III be headed to the Jets anytime soon?

• Advertisement

Could Washington's RG III be headed to the Jets anytime soon?

I hope not, he'd be murdered going against the Bills and Fins d-lines twice a season. The only way someone will pick him up is if washington release, which I don't think will happen.
    In other news Jace Amaro is out for the season with a torn labrum:mad: So as he stands the three TE's are Jeff Cumberland, Kellen Davis and Wes Saxton!! makes me a little bit sick even typing that out

I hope not, he'd be murdered going against the Bills and Fins d-lines twice a season. The only way someone will pick him up is if washington release, which I don't think will happen.
    In other news Jace Amaro is out for the season with a torn labrum:mad: So as he stands the three TE's are Jeff Cumberland, Kellen Davis and Wes Saxton!! makes me a little bit sick even typing that out

I agree the only way is if Washington out right releases him, then the Jets won't be on the hook for all that money.

There's always the roster cuts that will happen in the league regarding TE's. The Jets could pick another quality TE after final cuts, and the Titans have an overabundance of them.

Enunwa was getting some reps at h-back during the preseason so he could get an increased role. As of now the top FA available right now is Zach Miller, but from what I can remember the Hawks cut him because he failed a physical so don't know what shape he's in. Anybody know what Dustin Keller is at these days? could be worth a call

ah ffs I so wanted this to be a breakout year for him! Cumberland is fine as a #2 and offers something but his hands don't appear to function like normal humans. Saxton I don't think I've seen at all and I thought Kellen Davis had a decent chance of missing the roster too... I hope we see something coming from other squad cuts. Without knowing Chan Gailey's offense that well is it possible he'd run with a lot less packages using a TE and have more 3/4 WR sets or carrying more backs instead?

Ex NY Jets TE Jet Kellen Winslow Jr. has reached out to the Jets.

Tweet:
    @nyjets call me. In Shape. Fresh legs. #ReceivingTE pic.twitter.com/2nj8W0z2YP

Ex NY Jets TE Jet Kellen Winslow Jr. has reached out to the Jets.

Tweet:
    @nyjets call me. In Shape. Fresh legs. #ReceivingTE pic.twitter.com/2nj8W0z2YP

LOL!! I don't think him and Cro could be in the same state as each other, never mind the same team

• Advertisement

Calvin Pryor has been far from good this preseason, but this play against the Giants put a smile on my face
    https://vine.co/v/eTKeKHvlQDY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Enemkpali cut by the Bills!

John Connor, Will Cambell and Matt Simms got cut up there too, how many ex-Jets do they have??

the final roster cuts from today:
    Screen%20shot%202015-09-05%20at%2022.56.08.png

Chris Owusu and Walt Powell are two surprise cuts for me, felt they both had very good pre-season/training camp. Both Flynn and Johnson were cut to, so Petty will be holding down the QB2 spot until Geno comes back

the final roster cuts from today:
    Screen%20shot%202015-09-05%20at%2022.56.08.png

Chris Owusu and Walt Powell are two surprise cuts for me, felt they both had very good pre-season/training camp. Both Flynn and Johnson were cut to, so Petty will be holding down the QB2 spot until Geno comes back

Wow we're now incredibly short at wr for a Bailey team. And carrying loads of cbs and oline depth. Also looking at the roster we're really weak with the linebackers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement