Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview

• 28-04-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I am living in an apartment block in Cork City.

I have a connection for UPC tv in my living room but do not have a coaxial socket.

I have a Saorview enabled TV and was able to watch saorview in the last apartment complex I lived in.

Am I entitled to get Saorview? The management have refused to install an ariel saying that I have access to UPC and Sky. But I dont have an account with Sky or UPC and do not want one. So what happens when the analogue signal is switched off later this year, I wont be able to watch TV?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Try it with an indoor aerial , it will depend on how strong the signal in your area is , but may well turn out to be fine.

I was able to tune in perfectly with a set of rabbits ears. Saorview works on the same old aerials , but the signal itself is digital , if you get a decent signal at all it will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

I just have a pair of rabbit ears aswell and i have saorview signal coming in fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,104 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You probably do have a right to receive Saorview, you definitely have a right to install a satellite dish to receive satellite signals. The management don't have to install it for you, but they can't stop you.

There is a EU directive confirming this http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/01/913&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

And the European Court of human Rights has backed it up. Furthermore, their ruling might extend to TV Antennas as well:
    http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/08/19/satellite-reception-confirmed-to-be-a-human-right/
    Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
    : “Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, this right shall include freedom to hold opinions and freedom to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.”
    Have you tried a proper indoor antennae?

Advertisement