Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beacom Court Sandyford

Options
  • 28-04-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Whats the area like. Im looking to rent an apartment there. I was hoping to rent a 2 bedroom apartment and then find someone to rent the other bedroom from me.

Thanks for any feed back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I walk by these apartments almost daily on my way to work in the industrial estate. Basically you would be living almost in an industrial estate which personally would bother me. The place is dead outside of normal office hours, I wouldn't feel safe coming and going from there at night.

Also the apartments I see front on to a busy busy road which would not appeal to me either,but maybe there are apartments on the other side which have a nicer view. Ther is one man I see frequently actually who obviously likes to be naked in his apartment and it is obvious to anyone walking or driving by despite him being quite high up so you would always have to be conscious of being on display, I know this is true in my own apartment in dundrum with apartments across the way from me but there is such a high volume of people going by in beacon court... That man is a bit odd I reckon though!!! So beware of neighbours!

Speaking of neighbours, Maureen is the closest estate to you, it is council /ex council and I think it is probably a lot better these days but it was always a bit of a rough estate when I was growing up, again I would be a bit wary of being around on my own.

Good bits, close to work if you work there, near Luas, near abig dunes and some cafes and that. Over hospital if anything ever went wrong! And it's down the road from dundrum.....

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've lived in Sandyford before and to be honest it's boring.

If you imagine it like a donut, the hole in the middle is where all the apartments are and the donut around the edge is just all office buildings and warehouses.

There's not a lot to do. You will find yourself using the luas a lot to go elsewhere.

I think a lot of the apartments in Sandyford have been given over to affordable housing now too. There really is a load of them lying empty.

Advertisement