Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick and tired of this.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Just skimmed it.I see the **** in the window part now.Maybe rent it out and let some one else pay some of the morgage.And go to Australia or Canada.Eventually sell if the price of homes go up
    Lots of people are moving from this country and they usually enjoy themselves more abroad.The sun is calling.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

angelbabie wrote: »
    Thats great stuff. YEP house is rented privately.so how do i find out who the landlord is...guys ye are great

If you write to the PRTB stating that you have an anti-social neighbour and you need the Landlord's address they will supply it to you.
    I've attached the word document the PRTB send out as information, at the bottom of that is the form to request the landlord's information.

Something I thought of - is your house covered for malicious damage by the insurance? Ie Arson/theft/damage - I'm sorry to put this further worry on your mind but if you take the LL to the PRTB the LL may tell the tenant as an act of revenge on you and your house could get damaged. If its covered by insurance you will be able to recoup the cost of repairs (IF!! anything happens)

Also note that the PRTB are not known for their speed in evicting people, it won't be an instant fix so the advice of getting a large vicious dog may be good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angelbabie

thanks ye all have been so helpful....keep it comming

That really is a horrible story, how scum can act thusly and still walk around as free men in our liberal democracy based on personal freedoms is beyond me.

For your particular situation, I would advise halting mortgage payments immediately. You don't want to be a fully paid-up sucker when debt forgiveness becomes a normality.

Perhaps contact the bank, let them know that there's going to have to be a new arrangement. Try and get the individual payments reduced and rent it out for peanuts. Do you have kids? What is the nature of yourself and your husbands employment, if any?

There are plenty of people, a la the recent case of debt forgiveness, who feel like walking away from responsibilities because they just don't feel like paying. In your case I would be fully on your side.

The idea that someone like this person gets moved next to private residences for free sickens me.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    That really is a horrible story, how scum can act thusly and still walk around as free men in our liberal democracy based on personal freedoms is beyond me.

For your particular situation, I would advise halting mortgage payments immediately. You don't want to be a fully paid-up sucker when debt forgiveness becomes a normality.

Perhaps contact the bank, let them know that there's going to have to be a new arrangement. Try and get the individual payments reduced and rent it out for peanuts. Do you have kids? What is the nature of yourself and your husbands employment, if any?

There are plenty of people, a la the recent case of debt forgiveness, who feel like walking away from responsibilities because they just don't feel like paying. In your case I would be fully on your side.

The idea that someone like this person gets moved next to private residences for free sickens me.

hi there. we spoke to the bank and they dont give a hoot to be honest. explained everything and in full detail and they said that if all we have to worry about is our physical safety then we are not in a bad position really.....No kids yet but have been holding that off as its not really the ideal environment to have a baby.
    both of us are in full time employment and have never defaulted on a payment. truly sickened over it

• Advertisement

angelbabie wrote: »
    hi there. we spoke to the bank and they dont give a hoot to be honest. explained everything and in full detail and they said that if all we have to worry about is our physical safety then we are not in a bad position really.....No kids yet but have been holding that off as its not really the ideal environment to have a baby.
    both of us are in full time employment and have never defaulted on a payment. truly sickened over it

Well the bank might take a different note when you walk in and hand them a (copy of a) set of keys and say "Well, it's all yours. Have fun selling it."

Tbh, I am just speculating. But I've been debating/studying the political scene and the housing market for the last perhaps...8 years maybe, and the only thing I've seen work is out and out ignorance and arrogance. You're probably not ignorant enough, so you'll have to make the bank listen by getting as ignorant and dickish as everyone else who has gotten their way with the banks.

I think the bank knows there is a very delicate game to be played, involving a hyper-sensitive balance of the rule of law, public opinion and political will, and it will be the lesser player that will be the one left with the debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Its a sorry state of affairs that most people are not advising the OP to go to the guards, make a formal complaint and let them deal with it. What do we pay our taxes for? This scum is intimidating the OP and it seems to be escalating.

Go to the Guards and at least have some protection (or record in case it goes any further). With the protection of the guards then go to the council or landlord and go through the correct channels. You are playing into their hands with by not taking action because of fear.

Record the behaviour and go to the guards. Threats of violence and indecent exposure are crimes.

The OP should move abroad?? rent out the house?? **** that!! :mad:

This is not a financial issue. Its a criminal one. It has nothing to do with the mortgage

Its a sorry state of affairs that most people are not advising the OP to go to the guards, make a formal complaint and let them deal with it. What do we pay our taxes for? This scum is intimidating the OP and it seems to be escalating.

Go to the Guards and at least have some protection (or record in case it goes any further). With the protection of the guards then go to the council or landlord and go through the correct channels. You are playing into their hands with by not taking action because of fear.

Record the behaviour and go to the guards. Threats of violence and indecent exposure are crimes.

The OP should move abroad?? rent out the house?? **** that!! :mad:

This is not a financial issue. Its a criminal one. It has nothing to do with the mortgage

I think there is a certain understanding of the threat to the safety of the people in question, not to mention the law's lack of teeth when it comes to dealing with scumbags.

The guards won't be there 24/7, and this guy knows it.

Masturbating into a window itself should have led to a jail-term for the person/people involved.

I would be looking for jobs in OZ..Your a young couple go take the chance and enjoy the sunshine.Tell the bank they can shove the house where the sun dont shine.
    You both work so you are leaving your home alone with a weirdo living next door.
    I would not put anything worth robbing in the home or leave any cash at home.

Stop paying the morgage and keep the cash for renting in OZ.If you have skills you will be appreciated in the US and OZ.

Is there a Garda on the forum that can advize.I think nothing would be done to this guy untill he actually uses violence.Domestic disputes and neighbours is a hard thing for them to sort.

Getting a video camera may be a good idea so you can record what he is doing in case anything happens.
    You can use the evidence against him if need be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭droicead

i know what this person is on about with problem,im from rural tipperary too,love it to bits but our problem is we are situated too close to limerick city,under 30 miles from our village to lim.city.

im not putting down limerick in any way,some of my closest friends are from limerick city,ive family from limerick but i do have a problem with the idiots who decided it was a good idea to move scumbags from limerick city to rural villages,and i feel it is not highlighted enough in the media.

the village for example im from never had a serious crime rate up to 3 or 4 years ago,is it a coincidence that these crimes started when the city clickers moved in?if you dont bolt something to the ground it will get lifted for you,break ins are common place now and is nothing new,intimidation towards normal country folk is wrong and nothing is done about it,yeah go to the cops,what will they do?nothing,there is no gardai presence in our village,tipp.town is the closest so by the time a break in is reported the thieves are well gone.

what about the young father stabbed in emily village awhile ago or the man in cappawhite who was hit over the head with a samuri sword a few weeks ago,the sword split his skull and hit part of his brain!!to say he is lucky to be alive is an understatement,i feel sorry for the rural folk who cannot do anything and live in constant fear that when they leave their house they will return to a burst in door and the place cleaned!

i also feel sorry for the op paying a mortgage for a house that has the exact same house next to it occupied by someone who has friends that **** out side the neighbours window,these ****ers should be put in a zoo

like i said i have no problem with limerick city,its just the lowlifes who see the villages of west tipperary as an open orchard ripe for the picking

have told the guards and rthey are aware of the situation. The super intendant refuses to see me as he doesnt want to have to deal with this. at the end of the day the guards cant be there all day and all night and if they were it wouldnt make things easier for us. its a disastrous situation to be in. we are looking into getting the LL name and give that to the guards for prosecution. other than that not much we can do. we decided today that we are goimng to move out. c if we can rent and freeze payment while we try to do that

I think you are best to move.And not only that the house is not worth it now the price has fallen.Why pay more for a house than its worth.At least you have jobs and each other and your health is your wealth so being safe is good.
    Imagine if you had kids and that weirdo was around.
    Good luck with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Get a cctv camera put in straight away, you might get some evidence.

Guards are useless bastards, just good for catching people with no road tax.

I know how you feel OP.

Super intendant refusing to see you is a joke.

I have dealings with gardai before in this situation and they are beyond useless.

Like I said if you had no road tax they would be there in a second, but if they have something hard to do, forget about it.

My advice would be to stick out for a while, get a good cctv system with sound and a guard dog, something like a Rottweiler, German Shepard etc to keep the ***** off your property.

thanks guys. ur support and advice is well appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

What I would recommend.
    1. Have a solicitor check land registery office for owners details. Easier for solicitor to do it than you. You could use the solicitor who you conveyed your house.
    2. No point complaining she said he said. Get video proof, log noise dates traffic, photos of bad behaviour.
    3. Request a meeting you and wife with the local garda or sargent.
    4. Show evidence and discuss possible options to him while being professional.
    5. Contact local council rep for the area same as 4.
    6. Request Guards make approachs to landlord to have them leave. Eithe unsocial behaviour or notice to vacate when lease expires.
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Op could you go to your local minister, who could put pressure on the guards or local authority?

RoverZT wrote: »

I know how you feel OP.

I have dealings with gardai before in this situation and they are beyond useless.

Like I said if you had no road tax they would be there in a second, but if they have something hard to do, forget about it.

My advice would be to stick out for a while, get a good cctv system with sound and a guard dog, something like a Rottweiler, German Shepard etc to keep the ***** off your property.

That's great advice and all, but I'm sure the OP didn't pay 200k to live in some Mad Max style dystopian barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    RoverZT wrote: »

I know how you feel OP.

That's great advice and all, but I'm sure the OP didn't pay 200k to live in some Mad Max style dystopian barracks.

Agreed. However bad the guards are a procedure/ paperwork needs to be followed and the guards have more authority than you regarding the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you rent it out, what if he starts making life hell for the tenants? Just bear that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

OP so sorry to hear about your situation - It really is a miserable story.

- Am shocked that people on here are so content to accept that the Gardaí have seemingly got no part to play in this bar feeding ye some non-commital, half-ar$ed horsehít fob-off lines.

As two respnsible, employed, tax paying, mortgage paying citizens of this state it seems your only hope is mob justice and then to maybe take this Scumbag on the ferry to the UK as they have an actual functional, responsible Police force there who would deal with this filth in 5 mins flat.

The Gardaí in this Country really are utterly abysmal is so many cases, instances and manners :mad:

OP perhaps you should go report this again in the prescence of some impartial witness and record Garda badges numbers/names of all present and then if they still refuse to do any actual police work for their actual police salary the Garda Ombudsmans office can deal with the and perhaps fire them or send them back to Templemore to educate their greedy, ignorant, petty, conscienceless little selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnny jump up

droicead wrote: »
    i know what this person is on about with problem,im from rural tipperary too,love it to bits but our problem is we are situated too close to limerick city,under 30 miles from our village to lim.city.

im not putting down limerick in any way,some of my closest friends are from limerick city,ive family from limerick but i do have a problem with the idiots who decided it was a good idea to move scumbags from limerick city to rural villages,and i feel it is not highlighted enough in the media.

the village for example im from never had a serious crime rate up to 3 or 4 years ago,is it a coincidence that these crimes started when the city clickers moved in?if you dont bolt something to the ground it will get lifted for you,break ins are common place now and is nothing new,intimidation towards normal country folk is wrong and nothing is done about it,yeah go to the cops,what will they do?nothing,there is no gardai presence in our village,tipp.town is the closest so by the time a break in is reported the thieves are well gone.

what about the young father stabbed in emily village awhile ago or the man in cappawhite who was hit over the head with a samuri sword a few weeks ago,the sword split his skull and hit part of his brain!!to say he is lucky to be alive is an understatement,i feel sorry for the rural folk who cannot do anything and live in constant fear that when they leave their house they will return to a burst in door and the place cleaned!

i also feel sorry for the op paying a mortgage for a house that has the exact same house next to it occupied by someone who has friends that **** out side the neighbours window,these ****ers should be put in a zoo

like i said i have no problem with limerick city,its just the lowlifes who see the villages of west tipperary as an open orchard ripe for the picking
    no prob wit limk people, pity wer geting all d scumbags rehoused in cappawhite. why not send them to adare , plenty of empty houses der.. neway , i dont tink dats d main problem in cappa, its d local scumbags, its d same 3 r 4 names dat pop up wen ders a robbery, it aint any of d guys frm limk unfortunately .. youthreach aint helping d situation either, der are plenty of places u could lock up tipp towns future stars for d day , witout bringing em out to cappa !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

edellc wrote: »
    I wasnt trying to be smart of unhelpful but you did say in your post that

in the last week 6 properties in the same estate have rented out their house

this implies that they houses have been rented out :confused: as in gotten tenants

so therefore you then saying

in the last week 6 properties in the same estate have rented out their house so its seems that there is a flood of people moving and hence why i think i wont get anyone to rent.....

seems to contradict the beginning of your sentenance

So if you imply that the properties have been rented out and a flood of people are moving then it is only natural to assume that it is in fact you being a defeatist in saying that you wont get anyone to rent

Now that you have clarified that these properties have been put on the rental market but as yet no tenants have been found then that is another matter

and less of the attitude OP if you had of made yourself clear in the first place, as their is a difference between rented out their houses and put up for rent

If you have that attitude with your neighbour I can see why you are having problems :rolleyes:

not very helpful, talk about hitting a person when they are down

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

What I would recommend.
    1. Have a solicitor check land registery office for owners details. Easier for solicitor to do it than you. You could use the solicitor who you conveyed your house.
    2. No point complaining she said he said. Get video proof, log noise dates traffic, photos of bad behaviour.
    3. Request a meeting you and wife with the local garda or sargent.
    4. Show evidence and discuss possible options to him while being professional.
    5. Contact local council rep for the area same as 4.
    6. Request Guards make approachs to landlord to have them leave. Eithe unsocial behaviour or notice to vacate when lease expires.
    Good Luck

Why do people keep going on about the gardai? The gardai can do feck all about an anti social neighbour like this. Being an anti social neighbour is about the least of the issues that this scumbag is causing. Fact is, the gardai can do feck all until he does something serious. And it is too late then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

CCTV all the way, collect evidence and then bring it to his landlord. Next offer to pay landlord three months rent plus a bonus to evict him for anti-social behaviour or whatever reason it takes.

This is all done on the understanding that the landlord never informs him that you are behind it. Landlord evicts and now has 3 months to fill the place with decent tenants. If the landlord plays ball then all this will cost you is paying him 3 months rent- a small price to pay especially as you want to have kids.

A poorer alternative is to get legal with the landlord. Collect CCTV evidence and show it to him. Get solicitor to write a letter stating that you intend to take a civil action unless he removes the tenants. If they are drug dealing from the house (and your CCTV can prove it) then better again- landlord can now be said to be 'facilitating' drug dealing. The downside of this is that the landlord will almost certainly tell the tenant as revenge. You can put it in the letter that only he knows and that telling them would be considered to be putting your lives in danger and that you intend to sue for that too, it might frighten him. If you pre-warn him of your intent to sue and he goes and tells the tenant anyway, who then goes and does something threatening then you have a case against him.

There are no easy options here and both paths above would involve you moving out for 4-6 weeks while the eviction takes place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Why do people keep going on about the gardai? The gardai can do feck all about an anti social neighbour like this. Being an anti social neighbour is about the least of the issues that this scumbag is causing. Fact is, the gardai can do feck all until he does something serious. And it is too late then.

Yes they can, its just they don't want to. I'm familiar with a case almost identical to the OP in East Wall in Dublin and they were useless there too, the owners were distraught with fear of their lives and the Gardai just kept saying 'there is nothing we can do'. If there is nothing they can do then why are they called An Garda Siochana- i.e. Guardians of the Peace. If there is nothing they can do then what is the OP supposed to do- take the law into their own hands ? Go up to East Belfast and hire some ex-Provos to deal with this scumbag ?

All the Gardai have to do is set up an unmarked patrol car with cameras and leave it sitting across the road for the week. From there they'll have plenty evidence of drug dealing, abuse, masturbating in windows, etc. With that they can get a warrant, search the place and arrest him. They can turn the heat up 100 degrees on this scummer, its just they are refusing to.

OP I would also consider going back to the Super and politely explaining that you want a meeting and for something to be done. Failing that tell him you are going to the Ombundsman- he won't want complaints against him when it comes to deciding future promotions to Chief Super so that might put him in action. Also go to your local TD, finally lobby Alan Shatter, the Minister for Justice demanding something gets done. You are in the right here, not them. The State is failing you and your only (legal) response is to kick up bloody mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not true. There are ASBO laws here now and they cover this kind of behaviour. Indecent exposure is also an offence.

We had endless trouble of this kind with an old man near us who siad he had a right of way through the garden ( we rent) He now admits he knew all along he did not...Aggression, volence, criminal damage. We got the gardai out on every occasion; pester power. They kept saying there was nothing they could do but all went quiet last June until last week when again we reported him to the gardai.

Go over the head of the local sqad; make a formal complaint.

You have a right and a need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

no prob wit limk people, pity wer geting all d scumbags rehoused in cappawhite. why not send them to adare , plenty of empty houses der.. neway , i dont tink dats d main problem in cappa, its d local scumbags, its d same 3 r 4 names dat pop up wen ders a robbery, it aint any of d guys frm limk unfortunately .. youthreach aint helping d situation either, der are plenty of places u could lock up tipp towns future stars for d day , witout bringing em out to cappa !
    No need for this ****e... and I'm talking about thetxtspeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Someone reminded me that the reason the Gardai came down heavily on the old man was that last June he threatened them, raised his fists to them.... Speaks worlds!

Also said that the police here are as much use as a chocolate fireguard...

OP; leave when you have made the complaint. Not worth your health and peace. Take care of yourself... We stuck it out and this is a different situation.

There was a thread here way back; a tenant in Dublin was attacked with an axe by a neighbour who he had asked to trun his music down. The Gardai suggested the victim move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Not sure how these Gardaí can sleep at night - Let lone cash the pay cheques paid for by the OP and their partner via PAYE.

- What goes on in Temlemore at all, is it a couple of years casually spent working out speedtrap theory?

OP take on the other scumbags in this situation, it will be safer persuading/embarrassing/threatening via ombudsman them into doing their job than taking on the scum beside you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement