Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick and tired of this.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

RATM wrote: »
    Go up to East Belfast and hire some ex-Provos to deal with this scumbag ?
    Not a million miles from what I'd advise: find your local Sinn Fein representative and ask them to have a word with him. Have heard of it working wonders in scumbag areas before. Even if the threat of a kneecapping only exists in the neighbours imagination, it'll be in his head when he's being spoken to by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnny jump up

No need for this ****e... and I'm talking about thetxtspeak.
    no need for your ****e either , get a life freak !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

OP, sorry to hear about your situation. Moving away and renting sounds like a good option, because the criminal will probably be inside again in the future and is unlikely to live beside you for too long - in a year or two you might be able to move back in and enjoy your house in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

djmcr wrote: »
    not very helpful, talk about hitting a person when they are down

did you read her first post or even the first page of the thread or her actual reply to what I said??? obviously not, i wasn't hitting her when she was down I was merely pointing out what she had said in her first post

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sleepy wrote: »
    Not a million miles from what I'd advise: find your local Sinn Fein representative and ask them to have a word with him. Have heard of it working wonders in scumbag areas before. Even if the threat of a kneecapping only exists in the neighbours imagination, it'll be in his head when he's being spoken to by them.

Sleepy- you've been around long enough to know what sort of advice is allowed and what is not. No advice advocating illegal behaviour or activities is allowed. Even suggesting or inferring illegal behaviour is *not* on.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sleepy wrote: »
    find your local Sinn Fein representative and ask them to have a word with him.
    Agreed; fight fire with fire.

Everyone else- if you disagree with what someone else posts- refute the post without attacking the poster. Its not difficult to remain civil towards one another. Calling each other 'freaks' etc- is also not allowed- and you will earn yourself a ban if you go down that road.

There are a considerable number of dodgy posts in this thread- I am leaving them be- however be warned- this is everyone- be civil towards one another- or you will be banned.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

what is the garda rank structure, when asking to see someone, no point in asking to see a chief super if thats ridiculously outlandish
    whats the highest rank generally at a station? or the best rank to inquire for serious matters that you are reasonably or legally entitled to meet with?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP' go higher up the chain of command with the Gardai. Look at the Garda website and find the Chief Superintendant and write to him.

No use finding a friendly Gardai; they were all very pleasant and friendly to us but did nothing.. We had /have an octagenarian vandal near us who was causing massive damage and upset.

Easier since we asked the Chief to help us.

Always go over the heads of the authorities who are not doing their jobs.

The Gardai have an Ombudsman and a formal complaints procedure.

We realised that the local men were just doing nothing and not even recording calls

And please, take care of you; making decisions when highly stressed can be dangerous; been there done that too many times and now we sit tight.

One thought; we have always found the Citizen;s info a source of help and practicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Merch wrote: »
    what is the garda rank structure, when asking to see someone, no point in asking to see a chief super if thats ridiculously outlandish
    whats the highest rank generally at a station? or the best rank to inquire for serious matters that you are reasonably or legally entitled to meet with?

Not isn't;see my post.

Please google the gardai web site.

When he got our letter, he replied immediately and assured us he was passing the letter on to the Chief of Operations. Who sent a Garda round and we made a formal statement and the trouble stopped.

We have done this before when there has been trouble. Several times.

There is a strong formal complaints procedure and they have an Ombudsman so if the Gardai don't handle it, you can take it higher.

This is our entitlement and our right and it works.

And in a case like this it is needed.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    No use finding a friendly Gardai; they were all very pleasant and friendly to us but did nothing.. We had /have an octagenarian vandal near us who was causing massive damage and upset.

You got the Chief Superintendent involved in a dispute with an 80 year pensioner? Wow....

OP- you've been offered all manner of advice here.
    I am closing this thread. Please PM me if you want to post further on it.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement