Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Am I missing something or did he not retire a while back when the club released him?? We even had a thread for it iirc. (King that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

THFC wrote: »
    Am I missing something or did he not retire a while back when the club released him?? We even had a thread for it iirc. (King that is)

I think you're correct, that was exactly what I was thinking. I remember he released a statement pretty much to that effect too. I've learned not too be 100% confident in memory though! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

THFC wrote: »

I think both parties more or less said he wouldn't be getting a playing contract, but both hoped King would stay at the club in some capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm slightly concerned that, if, as rumoured, Gallas is on his way, that'll mean we've sold 3 centre halves, 4 if you count Corluka, 5 if you count Caulker going out on loan again, and haven't as yet signed any, albeit Vertonghen is likely to sign soon.

Also find it strange that we aren't being linked with many strikers. We only have Defoe at the moment, who I personally don't think fits any formation we favour, as he is too small to play up on his own or be a partner to VdV.

I know that its early to be concerned about these things, especially seeing as we should announce our new manager any day now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ormus wrote: »
    I'm slightly concerned

Bit early yet, transfer window has just opened :P, as in it just opened yesterday :cool:

• Advertisement

Mactard wrote: »
    Bit early yet, transfer window has just opened :P, as in it just opened yesterday :cool:

If you read the last line of my post, I did acknowledge my jumping of the gun. Less than 7 weeks for us to get our ducks in a row though.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I'm slightly concerned that, if, as rumoured, Gallas is on his way, that'll mean we've sold 3 centre halves, 4 if you count Corluka, 5 if you count Caulker going out on loan again, and haven't as yet signed any, albeit Vertonghen is likely to sign soon.

Also find it strange that we aren't being linked with many strikers. We only have Defoe at the moment, who I personally don't think fits any formation we favour, as he is too small to play up on his own or be a partner to VdV.

I know that its early to be concerned about these things, especially seeing as we should announce our new manager any day now.

Dont think caulker will be loaned out this season,well not till jan anyway,we're going to need a big squad because of our involvment in the europa lg.so i see kaboul and vertonghan(hopefully)as our 1st choice pairing and caulker and dawson being used in the europa and league cup fixtures.
    more than likely defoe will be sold,he deserves to be playing more regularly and i dont think AVB will start him tbh.that leaves us with no stikers but 6 or so weeks to bring in at least 2.........exciting times

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you read the last line of my post, I did acknowledge my jumping of the gun. Less than 7 weeks for us to get our ducks in a row though.

You're doing a bit more than jumping the gun, you're at tabloid level of sensationalism ;) it's not like we could get "our ducks in a row" any earlier given that the transfer window opened yesterday.

Mactard wrote: »
    You're doing a bit more than jumping the gun, you're at tabloid level of sensationalism ;) it's not like we could get "our ducks in a row" any earlier given that the transfer window opened yesterday.

I think you're confused about the effect the transfer window has. The summer window really opens at the end of the season. There might be some extra paperwork at the start of July to make things officially official, but that really makes no difference to clubs.

United have already signed Kagawa and Powell. Chelsea have signed Marin and Hazard. Arsenal have signed Podolski and Giroud.

Not sure how you got tabloid sensationalism out of me saying the words "slightly concerned"?

Dont think caulker will be loaned out this season,well not till jan anyway,we're going to need a big squad because of our involvment in the europa lg.so i see kaboul and vertonghan(hopefully)as our 1st choice pairing and caulker and dawson being used in the europa and league cup fixtures.
    more than likely defoe will be sold,he deserves to be playing more regularly and i dont think AVB will start him tbh.that leaves us with no stikers but 6 or so weeks to bring in at least 2.........exciting times

As far as I know the club have already said Caulker will stay with Swansea for another season.

I agree that Defoe should be sold. He would do well for a mid table club like Sunderland or Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

but brendan rodgers isnt at swansea anymore so i dont see this as a flyer,he'll get game time with us this season for def,it would benefit both him and the club if he stayed,at least till jan anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

im very excited about next season.

AVB is a young manager who is hopefully at spurs for the long haul. I think he will continue to play spurs kind of attacking football and i actually think that he can get the big names to the lane.

I miss harry and its horrible the way it happened - i think that he will be forever welcomed by the fans and will have his name chanted if he ever brings a club back to the lane but avb is younger / more intelligent and is the way forward.

but brendan rodgers isnt at swansea anymore so i dont see this as a flyer,he'll get game time with us this season for def,it would benefit both him and the club if he stayed,at least till jan anyway

I'd like to see Caulker back at the Lane as long as we play him enough for him to continue to develop. Otherwise I think another season at Swansea would be better for him.

AVB will definitely be better than Harry at sharing gametime around anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd like to see Caulker back at the Lane as long as we play him enough for him to continue to develop. Otherwise I think another season at Swansea would be better for him.

AVB will definitely be better than Harry at sharing gametime around anyway.

It seems our CBs for next season will be Kaboul, Verthongen, Dawson, Caulker and possibly a veteran brought in too. Caulker would get plenty game time, and who knows if he's as good as we all hope then he might crack the first choice XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Higuain would be nice as part of the modric deal wouldn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Been hearing about AVB looking at that young brazilian Oscar, he's pretty handy, scored a hat-trick in the u20s world cup final against portugal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Rob094 wrote: »
    Been hearing about AVB looking at that young brazilian Oscar, he's pretty handy, scored a hat-trick in the u20s world cup final against portugal!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4407063/Andre-Villas-Boas-is-up-for-an-Oscar.html

Interesting line at the bottom of the article reads..

AVB will be part of a four-man transfer-committee when he is confirmed as Harry Redknapp’s successor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4407063/Andre-Villas-Boas-is-up-for-an-Oscar.html

Interesting line at the bottom of the article reads..

AVB will be part of a four-man transfer-committee when he is confirmed as Harry Redknapp’s successor.

Im more worried about the other three!!

who are they?

AVB
    Sherwood ?
    Levy Himself ?
    A.N other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

who are they?

AVB
    Sherwood ?
    Levy Himself ?
    A.N other

The quote is coming from The Sun.... I wouldn't spend too long worrying about anything in the article.

• Advertisement

You mean to say I shouldnt believe everything that they print in 'the Sun' :eek:

Would be great if we bought Hugo Lloris.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be delighted if we got him. He's a brilliant keeper.

Probably won't happen though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

I though that until they showed clips of him on RTE before one of the french euro games coming for corners.

celt262 wrote: »
    I though that until they showed clips of him on RTE before one of the french euro games coming for corners.

A lotta continental keepers look scary coming for corners. Buffon being a case in point.

celt262 wrote: »

Jesus yeah. They made him out to look like muck on RTE.
    Maybe thats why no EPL teams have taken a chance on him before.
    Great shot stopper though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

14.17: And right on cue, the agent of Gylfi Sigurdsson has tweeted: 'Delighted to announce that gylfi will sign for #thfc deal will be announced later today hopefully he looks forward to working with AVB'.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-blog/7861187/The-F365-Transfer-Blog

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

A lotta continental keepers look scary coming for corners. Buffon being a case in point.

yeah but i would love to be able to find the clips to show you it would scare the ****e outta you if you were a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

14.17: And right on cue, the agent of Gylfi Sigurdsson has tweeted: 'Delighted to announce that gylfi will sign for #thfc deal will be announced later today hopefully he looks forward to working with AVB'.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-blog/7861187/The-F365-Transfer-Blog

:D:D:D
    Thats a fake account they are quoting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Thats a fake account they are quoting!

:(

Advertisement