Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

New Damiao bid gone in supposed to be around 15m

I can't see Internacional selling Oscar and Damiao...I really hope they do though and I hope 15 mil is enough but I'm not getting my hopes up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

£15 million seems like a pretty low offer. Would love to get his, just can't see it happening for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

:DI'd take Craig Bellamy at this stage.

Actually. In the 4-3-3 formation that AVB favours. Bellamy could do very well as one of the front three. Pity he's such a C u next Tuesday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out 2nd row :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

:DI'd take Craig Bellamy at this stage.

Actually. In the 4-3-3 formation that AVB favours. Bellamy could do very well as one of the front three. Pity he's such a C u next Tuesday

I'm actually with you on this! I've always liked him as a player and I don't think he's the worst guy compared to some of them.

Not exactly the number 9 we need but he would increase our attacking options.

• Advertisement

a friend of mine suggested we should resign Darren Bent...

Anyone that woulD suggest such a thing is no friend at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

nbar12 wrote: »
    a friend of mine suggested we should resign Darren Bent...

Stop this madness Levy please.
    What has happened to us. 4th last year and now some of us fans are hoping we sign Bellamy or Bent.
    I want to cry.

Stop this madness Levy please.
    What has happened to us. 4th last year and now some of us fans are hoping we sign Bellamy or Bent.
    I want to cry.

woah I never said I wanted us to sign Bent! I think we'll still sign Adebayor! Honestly though, I think we should launch a bid for Joesph Lapira at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

woah I never said I wanted us to sign Bent! I think we'll still sign Adebayor! Honestly though, I think we should launch a bid for Joesph Lapira at this stage...

Katie Taylor might be a good short term option. Proven international footballer, able to put herself about, currently in London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I realise that nbar. Just kidding. But in typical Spurs fashion we were linked with thousands of players this summer and here we are with 10 days until the season kicks off with one striker. Hoping they get the Adebayor situation sorted rather than buying unproven players. We need to get a decent start unlike last season when the Modric transfer saga disrupted us.

I realise that nbar. Just kidding. But in typical Spurs fashion we were linked with thousands of players this summer and here we are with 10 days until the season kicks off with one striker. Hoping they get the Adebayor situation sorted rather than buying unproven players. We need to get a decent start unlike last season when the Modric transfer saga disrupted us.

oh god sure I know, it's typical spurs, we are linked with literally everyone! For AVB's sake we need a strong start. I hope this Modric saga is sorted before the start of the season. I don't want any excuses if we don't get off to a good start! If we haven't signed at least one striker this time next week i'll be seriously worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Can we please just lob an 18m bid for Damiao... the kid has serious talent. Happy to pay a little over the odds to keep him in London before he scores a hatrick in the final and AC Milan pick him up for 18.5 and we're left scratching our left nut wondering how we missed out and left with kane and defoe as our only options for Newcastle.

Please Levy break out the dusty aul checkbook its gotten beyond a shambles at this stage.

Kind regards.

Llorente also rejected a new contract from Bilbao. He'd be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The kid Damiao is talented!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

I'd worry that his value will go up now due to the Olympics. I doubt we'll get him for less than 20 million (which we won't spend) and he will have high wages too.

2 more goals last night.
    He's got a great eye for goal

We are fast running out of options, we'll end up with some EPL/Championship journey man at this stage.

2 more goals last night.
    He's got a great eye for goal

We are fast running out of options, we'll end up with some EPL/Championship journey man at this stage.

yeah remember Rasiak! Such a panic buy!

I'm really getting annoyed at our lack of striker business. Ok, Ade fell through, but surely the management know that we are seriously short up front, and without some options we are in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wages would rule us out, and at his age I wouldn't take him anyways, he would surely cost >£20m.

I can't believe we only have Defoe as our main striker 9 days before the league starts back up! I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we signed Michael Owen as a panic buy simply because he's experienced and for free. I really hope Levy and AVB know what they're doing and are secretly lining up a bid for Rooney...

THFC wrote: »
    Wages would rule us out, and at his age I wouldn't take him anyways, he would surely cost >£20m.

Yeah, too right bro - we dont need your stinking formerly FIFA world player of the year and Ballon D'Or winners here, we have Harry Kane and Jermaine Defoe

tumblr_m67ijv0Kla1qizx4p.png

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

I think he's nearly past it, no longer plays anywhere near the level he did a few years ago. I think there is better value out there.

Agreed! Signing past their prime stars looking for one last big payday was 'Arry's modus operandi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

@Agent_ITK: Expecting 4 massive announcements this weekend at #Tottenham. #Spurs #THFC #Football

He's said we're signing Sturridge! :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

@Agent_ITK: Expecting 4 massive announcements this weekend at #Tottenham. #Spurs #THFC #Football

If I've no expectations what so ever then anything else will be a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I'd take kaka damiao Lloris aaaaaaand messi as them 4 massive signings please :)

• Advertisement

Lloris, Damiao, Llorente and Moutinho :P

Advertisement