Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

mickman wrote: »
    Few days to go and we have modric training alone - and only one senior striker

This is a disaster

My Monday blues have just gotten worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Best we can hope for between now and saturday is that Ade re-signs. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

I predict that we will play reasonably well in the next few weeks but lose/draw those games on account of not been able to put the away the chances we create. Then we'll rush out and spend waste money at the 11th hour on a over-rated unproven striker who's claim to fame is "he was top goal scorer at the U-17 world cup" or some nonsense like that.

edit - or worst still we'll buy some jorneyman forward who's never scored double figures in the EPL in his career.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Spanish press are again reporting that a modric deal has finally been concluded..again...if they keep printing it it's bound to be right at some point eh...eh?

Mactard wrote: »
    Spanish press are again reporting that a modric deal has finally been concluded..again...if they keep printing it it's bound to be right at some point eh...eh?

I think the rumours and ITK stuff about Modric's sale is probably true. No way Levy is going to outlay £25-35M+ on a striker before he get RM's money in the bag for Modric first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

No way Levy is going to outlay £25-35M+ on a striker before he get RM's money in the bag for Modric first!

Another plausible rumour is that Tottenham won't allow the deal to be announced until we've concluded our signings in order to prevent prices inflating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Guys let's not panic either. We've signed a quality defender, a quality midfielder and we're on the verge of re signing ade. Hardly a disaster. Another striker and a keeper after that would be a great summers business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep, and remember Levy is an expert at last minute surprises, bet he's got something up his sleeve

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, and remember Levy is an expert at last minute surprises, bet he's got something up his sleeve

Is he? The only standout player that springs to mind is VDV and that 1 success in 8-9 seasons as Chairman is hardly a great record. Not to mention he his expert decision to sell Keane and Berbatov at the last minute a few years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭golfball37

Even if we do sign Ade, we are still 2 strikers short. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Everyone is going on about how great levy is. What coup did he ever pull off?? Vdv for 8 million, is he worth anymore than that ??

All his other deals caused detriment to the club , berba, carrick and even keane

He has sanctioned big money purchases of Bentley , jenas, bassong and many other players and managers that haven't worked out

So when people go around saying "Daniel" will do this and Daniel will go that, it doesn't fill me with any great faith

Greetings from Phuket by the way :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is he? The only standout player that springs to mind is VDV and that 1 success in 8-9 seasons as Chairman is hardly a great record. Not to mention he his expert decision to sell Keane and Berbatov at the last minute a few years ago..

Ok, bet you Modric is gone (for less than asking) and something nice is in the bag thrown in........ I see no reason why he wouldn't accept 30M with another player

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ok, bet you Modric is gone (for less than asking) and something nice is in the bag thrown in........ I see no reason why he wouldn't accept 30M with another player

I hope your right.
    I hope its not a midfielder though, we have our fill of those that the moment.

For all your striker updates? :D
    http://www.hasdaniellevyboughtastrikeryet.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gaston Ramirez ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

So Moutinho is being valued at 40 million euro, 8 million more than Modric when he's not near as proven and let's face it probably not quite as good?

RVP

jog on please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Hatch99 wrote: »
    jog on please

You wouldn't take him given the chance?

flyswatter wrote: »
    You wouldn't take him given the chance?

Lets be realistic lads...

• Advertisement

I suppose he would never come to a team like us with such low ambitions

wouldn't say that, no CL football, his teams biggest rivals, be realistic, not silly.

We need to think outsied the box. Circles within circles within circles

your cracking me up youngboy :rolleyes:

Sky sports transfer centre reporting we're in for Moutinho with Luka leaving..

Luka Toni?

asshole.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

The bottom line is that PSG have joined the financial doping along with citeh and chelsea and players linked with them are vastly overpriced with ridiculous wage expectations to match.
    The good news is that lot can only buy so many players- them and the russian clubs. Of the rest of Europe, Spurs are as good an option as practically any Italian club, or Spanish bar the big 2.
    There's still every chance we'll get someone in. Timing not that important, the right player much more vital. I'm prepared to sit it out and see what unfolds. TBH, not as bothered as before- the Olympics were a sharp wake-up call that footballers are overpaid egocentric little chancers.
    Maybe Usain Bolt would like a gig up front. I'd love to see him on Collocini's shoulder on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

our main problem with attracting any knd of a world class striker is no CL football. Llorente in talks with Juve primarily due to CL football... ade will join us but wont be bothered by feb/march which is what he has generally done at both Arse and Man City, why change here? its going to be a bit of a **** start to the season unfortunately imho as the opening few games we could seaily win if we had a proven striker.

I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night and check my SSN app to see if we have signed anyone. Its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd take Shane Long right now. Good stand in until we get someone better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I see Guilleme Ballbag has tweeted that Liverpool will sign Sahin on loan for the season.

Advertisement