Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Sky saying Modric looks just about gone. Live now>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Saab Ed wrote: »

For £23.5 million up front and rising to £27 million. Them figures better be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Saab Ed wrote: »

For £23.5 million up front and rising to £27 million. Them figures better be wrong!

That Spanish Blogger that I posted the other day seemed to think that was the monies alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It better be more then that, unless they are giving us a player as well. He's definitely worth more then that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

23.5mil? You have got to be taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Looks like Modric's disruptive tactics worked after all. That much money for a player of that quality, and with so much time left on his contract, seems like a bad deal financially for Spurs in the current climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Terrible deal for a player coming into his prime years.

Hope it's not true, and it looks like Liverpool have Sahin going to them so we can rule him out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7992592/Modric-set-for-Real-switch

joke if those figures are accurate! but i suppose its better to get rid him and sign a replacement as quickly as possible. joao moutinho please mr. levy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyone else suspicious that this might be a ploy so that other clubs don't try to rip us off of our new money?

Spurs rarely reveal how much players have cost. initially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mactard wrote: »
    Anyone else suspicious that this might be a ploy so that other clubs don't try to rip us off of our new money?

Spurs rarely reveal how much players have cost. initially.

Nope.

Spurs rightly held on to him last year in the hope of getting back in the CL but that dodgy spell after christmas cost them that.

Now a year on, they have to sell him so they're not going to get 40 but closer to 20.

It was obviously the correct thing to do. it was a freak series of results that kept them out of the CL.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's about the price Moutinho was quoted at iirc, who would be an ideal replacement. But it will probably (hopefully) to get a quality striker now. Leave Siggy to fill Modric's role, and get the striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Bloody joke if true, so much for the fantastic Mr. Levy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Bloody joke if true, so much for the fantastic Mr. Levy!

Arsenal fan in peace.

it's basically the same situation as Fabregas was for us last year and he's going to go for about the same price it seems.

Both players asked for a way out the year before and it seems both were told 'give us one year and then we'll sell you if you still want'.

There's no point in keeping modric now, he'll either be crap or just go on all out strike. The problem is everyone knows that.

Like I said, passing up 40 million (which wasn't really realistic) was the correct decision. But for a freak and a changing of the rules, Spurs qualified for the CL.

Damiao deal done according to Agent ITK. However he has some kind of a source at least, talksport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

gosplan wrote: »
    Arsenal fan in peace.

it's basically the same situation as Fabregas was for us last year and he's going to go for about the same price it seems.

Both players asked for a way out the year before and it seems both were told 'give us one year and then we'll sell you if you still want'.

There's no point in keeping modric now, he'll either be crap or just go on all out strike. The problem is everyone knows that.

Like I said, passing up 40 million (which wasn't really realistic) was the correct decision. But for a freak and a changing of the rules, Spurs qualified for the CL.

Unfortunately you are right on this one. It looks like player power has again won the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I couldn't believe that we have sold Luka for for only £8m more than an unproven Joe Allen? No comprendhe........:confused:

As I posted before, I suspect these fees being bandied about are to prevent the clubs of our potential targets jacking up their prices..

At least we're seeing some movement, draw back the curtain Daniel, who have we signed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep, as I posted earlier there's definitely something up his sleeve

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

I'll believe this when I see him holding a Real jersey and not before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

jaysus christ lads 23.5m , tell me thats not fcuking right!!! , Jordan Henderson cost 20m!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

now is the time to prove your worth levy. if your selling at that price you wanna have something lined up. we have been very quiet this window. lot of rumours but nothing concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Honestly believe it is more but we don't want anyone to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Strangely low price :confused: hardly a player thrown in is there ? Sahin/Diarra ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That price is shyte surely,can't be right.

tippspur wrote: »
    That price is shyte surely,can't be right.

Ballague was on ssn earlier and says between 33-38 million euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

And the telegraph are quoting a fee of up to £38 million sterling with an up front fee of over £30 million. That sounds more likely.

Giz Higuain as part of the deal Madrid.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Giz Higuain as part of the deal Madrid.

And Benzema

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Please be true !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Links? Where are you guys seeing this?

Advertisement