Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wonder will we see anyone sign before 12 so they can be a part of the weekend game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Wonder will we see anyone sign before 12 so they can be a part of the weekend game?

don't hold your breath, I'm not messing I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a striker before the WBA game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree, I reckon Defoe will start with Kane on the bench for our first 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

SuprSi wrote: »
    I agree, I reckon Defoe will start with Kane on the bench for our first 2 games.

Its pretty bad that a striker could not have been brought in before now.

It's a bloody joke tbh. It's not as if we had to find a striker and run the risk of him not fitting in with the team, getting on with the lads and proving to be a valuable member of the squad, he was already at the club for a full season and did all of those things!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

SuprSi wrote: »
    It's a bloody joke tbh. It's not as if we had to find a striker and run the risk of him not fitting in with the team, getting on with the lads and proving to be a valuable member of the squad, he was already at the club for a full season and did all of those things!!
    In fairness, has the club not already held up their side of the deal, Ade is holding it up now with his demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

flyswatter wrote: »
    In fairness, has the club not already held up their side of the deal, Ade is holding it up now with his demands.

Should have gone after someone else weeks ago.

If he does not resolve his problems with City it is going to leave Tottenham looking really silly.

flyswatter wrote: »

Oh I agree, I'm not singling out the club in this instance. Ade seemed to enjoy his time with Spurs and wants to continue playing with the team - why all the hassle on his end!?

Having said that Spurs should have had a replacement ready in case of something like this. Set a deadline and if he won't/can't come, move on. This farting about a day before the beginning of AVB's very important first season is crazy.

Huddlestone in London today just finished training says he's just finished training.

Is it the end for hudd or is AVB trying to ease him back in after 18 months of ankle injuries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

He finished training ?? What's wrong with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

mickman wrote: »
    Well, we've a match today in Newcastle.

THFC wrote: »
    Well, we've a match today in Newcastle.

He is injured

He is injured
    He says he's 100% fit
    "@Lawrence_Poster: @TomHuddlestone6 are you injured again???" Nah I'm fit mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I'd say he's on his way, great talent but I guess he is a bit too sluggish for AVB's style...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'd say he's on his way, great talent but I guess he is a bit too sluggish for AVB's style...

Crazy if he alienates him from the start, hope its not true Hudd is important to us. For me already AVB has questions to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I hope he's not on his way. I like Hudd, if we end up selling Hudd and holding onto Bentley and Jenas then I'll be mildly annoyed, maybe even moderately annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

to be fair he hasn't played in any of the pre season game, AVB is hardly gonna play him against Newcastle

nbar12 wrote: »
    to be fair he hasn't played in any of the pre season game, AVB is hardly gonna play him against Newcastle

Fair enough, I will hold judgement on it for a while.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He played against LA, that's one, dunno about the others.

"Valencia also rejected an offer for Soldado from Spurs. Now the London club is after Leandro and Fernando Llorente... Athletic want the 36m euros of Llorente's buyout clause. Player happy 2 go 2 Spurs. But if not sold FCB and Madrid will fight 4 him in Jan"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ah good, is this an ITK who knows what's going to happen 5mths in advance! lovely stuff, must be a reliable chappy :pac:

*I'm sick in bed on a beautiful day in galway, i'm extra cynical today

Mactard wrote: »
    Ah good, is this an ITK who knows what's going to happen 5mths in advance! lovely stuff, must be a reliable chappy :pac:

*I'm sick in bed on a beautiful day in galway, i'm extra cynical today

GUILLEM BALAGUE, YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD OF HIM....:rolleyes:

GUILLEM BALAGUE, YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD OF HIM....:rolleyes:

try it louder, with more role eyes

Mactard wrote: »
    try it louder, with more role eyes

:D:D:D

Llorente left out of the squad for the weekend. Read on RTE today that Bayern are in for Llorente too "Bayern know what they are doing at every step. They are an example of how to go about doing these things." Is that last bit a pop at one shrewd DL...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

***More twitter nonsense***

Apparently Bale changed his jersey number to 11 as our upcoming major signing is looking for the number 9 shirt....

Most likely bollox but here's hoping there's some slither of hope/truth in it !!

Spending 28 million on a 27 year old would go against everything levy has ever done. Can't see it happening

Will probably mean nothing, but I wonder what impact that Aguero injury will have on the Adebayor deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Will probably mean nothing, but I wonder what impact that Aguero injury will have on the Adebayor deal?

Wouldn't think much mate.
    Mancini despises Adebayor. I know he made up with Tevez, but I doubt he'll go back with Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Desperately need Adebayor plus one other quality striker signed in time for the home game against West Brom next week. We looked very lightweight yesterday up front. Can see Modric being gone by then too. We can only hope the cash from his sale will be spent wisely if we have any hopes of getting that top 4 spot which even at this extremely early stage looks just a bit beyond us. Would love to be proved wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

just saw on the liverpool thread mention of huntelaar (shalke). he was one of the top scorers in the bundesliga last year. would he be worth a punt?

there are plenty of good strikers out there... i'm getting really frustrated that nothing is been done.

Advertisement