Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Confirmed bids accepted for Michael Dawson,from Qpr and stoke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Crazy move. Would hate to see him go. Surely get rid of Gallas before Daws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Levy must have a short memory, the yr before last Dawson was most peoples player of the year, rock solid. He could do it again too, He's easily as good as Kabul and younger and fitter than Gallas. I certainly woudn't be letting him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Where is it confirmed? To be fair, if we could get near 10m for Dawson it 'should' really help us strengthening the team where we need it cos we have plenty of CB's in Gallas, Kaboul, Verts & Caulker. I wouldn't like to see him leave either, but if him and Modric going paves the way for Ade, Moutinho, a keeper and another striker to join I'll be very happy.

However if this money disappears and we don't buy the 4 players above, I'll be very disappointed.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Where is it confirmed? To be fair, if we could get near 10m for Dawson it 'should' really help us strengthening the team where we need it cos we have plenty of CB's in Gallas, Kaboul, Verts & Caulker. I wouldn't like to see him leave either, but if him and Modric going paves the way for Ade, Moutinho, a keeper and another striker to join I'll be very happy.

However if this money disappears and we don't buy the 4 players above, I'll be very disappointed.

10m wouldn't even buy us half of Moutinho, let alone Ade, a keeper and another striker as well.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    10m wouldn't even buy us half of Moutinho, let alone Ade, a keeper and another striker as well.

Which is why I said him and Modric. Add to that any other outgoings and we should have a decent amount of cash, but as I said already I'll be pretty disgusted if this cash disappears without being reinvested in suitable talent.

On spurs forum,Bloke on there is connected with the club somehow and has got everything right so far.

Suppose AVB see's vertoghen as replacement for Dawson.

Which is why I said him and Modric. Add to that any other outgoings and we should have a decent amount of cash, but as I said already I'll be pretty disgusted if this cash disappears without being reinvested in suitable talent.

Ah yeah I see your point, I just don't think the money we would get for Dawson would make a big impact on our spending power, and we would lose a good leader and great servant. I see Gallas as being a sulking, negative presence if used only as backup. Daws would be the complete opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I don't believe it, we're letting Dawson go? Surely, get rid of Gallas ahead of Daws!

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I see your point, I just don't think the money we would get for Dawson would make a big impact on our spending power, and we would lose a good leader and great servant. I see Gallas as being a sulking, negative presence if used only as backup. Daws would be the complete opposite.

I agree about Dawson - a great leader and servant and for him to be cast aside like this would be very unfair on him. His injuries really did not help and he's been very unfortunate in that respect. I just wonder what he wants in this case? I'm sure he'd like to play for England some more and to do that needs to be playing regularly. Kind of like Defoe in a way. I'd bloody hate to see him go to Stoke though - I hate that feckin team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

sell before you can buy policy

that's ENIC for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Daws is too inconsistent. Yup he's a great guy and a great leader but too often he gets caught too far up the pitch and leaden footed to get moving back in the other direction.

I'll be sorry to see the individual go but not the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great way for the manager to alienate himself by getting rid of a fantastic player if what’s written is to be believed. Would make absolutely no sense, Gallas and Bassong can fúck right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Great way for the manager to alienate himself by getting rid of a fantastic player if what’s written is to be believed. Would make absolutely no sense, Gallas and Bassong can fúck right off.

That is avb all out , look at the mess he made of Chelsea , he will do the same with us

Casting off our vice captain and showing him no respect is indicative of the kind of person villas boas is

I said earlier his man mgt skills are rubbish and people jumped down my throat

Dawson gives 110% and is Defo a great squad player

sell before you can buy policy

that's ENIC for you

ENIC have spent about £140,000,000 NET on players for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

I'd hate to see Daws go - He gives 100 % every time - Let gallas and Bassong go and keep the DAWS !!!!!!!!!! .. Still not warming up to AVB just yet ... and we still need a top class striker !!!

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Daws is too inconsistent. Yup he's a great guy and a great leader but too often he gets caught too far up the pitch and leaden footed to get moving back in the other direction.

I'll be sorry to see the individual go but not the player.

You sure you're thinking of the right player? He has been a rock of consistency for Spurs. He never gets caught too far up the pitch. Only goes up for corners.

Dawson has been a good servant for 7.5 yrs and it would be sad to see him leave, having said that he's not an automatic 1st team player these days.

The reason he is being sold ahead of Gallas is probabaly because he is worth more than Gallas and Mr Chairman loves a good deal.

From a football perspective, Gallas/Bassong etc should of course be sold ahead of Dawson, but this move is money motivated, not football motivated.

Therein lies the problem with Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I think it's a case of the players not fitting the system....

I don't think AVB would play Dawson just because he wears the badge on his sleeve... My guess is that Hudd and Daws do not possess the physical attributes that the system requires..

Great servant Daws but I always think back to v Fulham (in the cup I think) when he gave away a penalty and saw red for a clumsy late tackle... And to be fair to Hudd he can spray the ball around the pitch with ease but he needs a two foot turning circle and a sounder on his back when reversing....

You have to break eggs to make an omelete... I think I would rather see Daws go than Caulker spend the whole season on the bench. There is no point loaning him out again, he has proved he is ready (plus AVB likes young and physically fit players).

Gallas is an intelligent centre half, with the King retiring he is worth having around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    That is avb all out , look at the mess he made of Chelsea , he will do the same with us

Casting off our vice captain and showing him no respect is indicative of the kind of person villas boas is

You may be right, I know little about the guy but I would always get behind the manager, but if this turns out to be true then I’ll go ballistic.

There would be numerous clubs on the hunt for him, and I don’t mean the likes of Stoke either. Look at Utd last night with Carrick playing in defence? I thought we were going to rotate the squad this year, not deplete it?

Bassong Gone, this from twitter apparently:

Morning tweeps!!ive been officially transfered to Norwich today!3 years deal!another chapter in my football life!pic.twitter.com/nl1RdVZO

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I'd imagine Bassong will be gone too if someone will take him, he was left behind to train with Hudd on Saturday too..

Hold on a second, this rumour was provided by someone ITK and hasn't been confirmed by the club, so hold off on slating his man management skills. Everyone knows the sort of environment he entered with Chelsea and the problems he faced, and until something like that happens again (which I hope it doesn't with Spurs) we can neither confirm or deny how he deals with players. Look at how positively every player at Porto speaks about him!

He's our manager now, we need to have faith in him. If he believes that Dawson doesn't fit in and although it might be difficult, we have to believe him too. As long as the money is reinvested in areas we really need to strengthen I'll be happy.

I think it's a case of the players not fitting the system....

I don't think AVB would play Dawson just because he wears the badge on his sleeve... My guess is that Hudd and Daws do not possess the physical attributes that the system requires..

Great servant Daws but I always think back to v Fulham (in the cup I think) when he gave away a penalty and saw red for a clumsy late tackle... And to be fair to Hudd he can spray the ball around the pitch with ease but he needs a two foot turning circle and a sounder on his back when reversing....

You have to break eggs to make an omelete... I think I would rather see Daws go than Caulker spend the whole season on the bench. There is no point loaning him out again, he has proved he is ready (plus AVB likes young and physically fit players).

Gallas is an intelligent centre half, with the King retiring he is worth having around.

Ah yeah we will survive easily enough, but still it's a shame to lose such a positive influence as Daws.

bit harsh on the manager in my opinion, at Chelsea he was given an objective by the owner to freshen things up but was not given the support to do it properly and see it through

I doubt AVB is keen to lose Dawson, I reckon it's more a case of Levy liquidising an asset

You sure you're thinking of the right player? He has been a rock of consistency for Spurs. He never gets caught too far up the pitch. Only goes up for corners.

Your wrong, he does, when it's backs to the wall stuff he's a great player defending from the box but when an attacker gets a yard on him his tackling is clumsy...

PS. It's great to finally have something to talk about albeit outgoing players!:)

Strange post.

Ah yeah we will survive easily enough, but still it's a shame to lose such a positive influence as Daws.

Exactly, the team will move on. He is a great guy, an excellent defender and is no doubt friends with loads of the squad so they'll be sad to see him go.

• Advertisement

Your wrong, he does, when it's backs to the wall stuff he's a great player defending from the box but when an attacker gets a yard on him his tackling is clumsy...

What's that got to do with it? I never said anything about his tackling.

It was claimed he gets caught too far up the pitch. I've rarely seen him past the halfway line, except for corners.

Advertisement