Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd say hudd deal has fallen through because we couldn't get the midfielder we wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd say hudd deal has fallen through because we couldn't get the midfielder we wanted

Concerns over his injury apparently and unable to agree on loan deal relating to wages payments if he got injured while at Stoke.I think Villa got stung like that when they took Jenas on loan, as in they had to pay all his wages for the remainder of the season after he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

I hearing m'villa to sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Yeah, a picture of him in the Spurs Lodge car park on twitter, hard to make him out though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Who's this lad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think Brad will be fine for another year and if he struggles with injury ( i doubt it doubt as the guy holds the record for consecutive appearances in the league), we always have Carlo as backup.

Just on this; I have never seen Carlo have a good game for us.

I have seen him have many terrible games for us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

We should sign the Swansea scout... Gylfi replaced by goal machine Michu for €2m!

He's scored again today! bloody hell swansea, good job! (early days yes)

Sky sports reporting that we are back in for Loic Remy...

At least todays result will show the chairman that he needs to hurry up and back the new manager! Seriously lacking Modric today, too predictable without him..

Yeah, a picture of him in the Spurs Lodge car park on twitter, hard to make him out though..

Same player at the lodge yesterday as in the crowd at the lane again today. Black dude with mohawk style hair... Doesn't look like M'Villa or Willian....

Any guesses? Looks on his way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Same player at the lodge yesterday as in the crowd at the lane again today. Black dude with mohawk style hair... Doesn't look like M'Villa or Willian....

Any guesses? Looks on his way..

250003335.jpg

• Advertisement

Haha good one, actually looks like this chap...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M'Baye_Niang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Its not him its MBIWA central defender :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Setanta are saying Modric deal agreed for 33 mill and Willian in from Shaktar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Willian is more of a winger though, isn't he? We will still be short a Modric replacement.

Any talk of Dembele lads ? He'd be a nice acquisition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »

Owen says he will have a new premier league club by the weekend ......,

That will prob be our 11pm signing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    Owen says he will have a new premier league club by the weekend ......,

That will prob be our 11pm signing :-)

Haha I hope not ;). I reckon he will be a Stoke player

I can't wait until that damn window is closed, then we will know where we stand squad wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shame we didnt make a move for Adam Johnson ... We need a good replacement for lennon and bale. We have no cover for either and both positions are vital to how we are going to play.

Everyone is saying spurs will be very active as the window closes

I have a feeling it will be Luca out / Willian in / Hudd on loan and that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    Everyone is saying spurs will be very active as the window closes

I have a feeling it will be Luca out / Willian in / Hudd on loan and that's it

yeah. I cant see us signing anyone who will make the starting XI. Maybe 1 or 2 young prospects if anything.

• Advertisement

Shame we didnt make a move for Adam Johnson ... We need a good replacement for lennon and bale. We have no cover for either and both positions are vital to how we are going to play.

We could stick the great Bentley or jenas out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Cracking player, no brainer.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Cracking player, no brainer.

Offer 10m, plus bentley and jenas, Martin might bite at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Willian has begged Shakhtar Donetsk not to block his £20m move to Tottenham.
    Spurs are hoping to seal Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk after Andre Villas-Boas was left severely lacking in attacking options, with Jermain Defoe his only established first-team striker for the opening game of the season.
    And Willian, 24, was upset with his Ukrainian club when they rejected an offer from Chelsea earlier in the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193277/Willian-urges-Shakhtar-Donetsk-allow-Tottenham-move.html#ixzz24gF943C8

Willian isn't playing for Shaktar tonight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

levy offered €13m for willian which is far short of their €30m valuation... typical tight fisted approach to the transfer market. I really hate the way he tries to save a few million and leaves everything to the last min

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

levy offered €13m for willian which is far short of their €30m valuation... typical tight fisted approach to the transfer market. I really hate the way he tries to save a few million and leaves everything to the last min

he's a joker

shareholder 1st policy

Willian, right or left sided player?

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Willian, right or left sided player?

Well he's right footed though plays a lot on the left but looks like he could play on either wing or perhaps through the middle.

Here's a video of him from last weekend

http://youtu.be/9VVgFVUMKTQ

Can't embed on the phone!

• Advertisement

Its official, Luka to Madrid is done, hopefully that will get the ball rolling. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/club-announcement-27082012.page

Advertisement