Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Live on SSN stating Fulham accepted a bid, looks a great player... Someone who will play well alongside sandro, roughly same build and fitness. One who will clean up shop and one who will create goals (hopefully)

Give us Damiao and Lloris and I'm one happy man !

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Would be pretty amazing if we unveiled Llloris, Willian and Dembele tomorrow!

Hope Utd don't gazump us for Dembele...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm hearing stories that Willian is on the way to us also,hope it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wonder what this will mean for Parker now, never really thought he would feature much under AVB anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Re: Dembele
    So, that's probably VDV gone right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Mactard wrote: »
    Re: Dembele
    So, that's probably VDV gone right?

Would he not be more of a direct replacement for Modric. Nor sure that this would be the end of VDV

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

WHL wrote: »
    Would he not be more of a direct replacement for Modric. Nor sure that this would be the end of VDV

Oh yeah? I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Would be pretty amazing if we unveiled Llloris, Willian and Dembele tomorrow!

Hope to wake in the morning to the news that Dembele is officially a Spurs player. They are really upset over in the United thread about missing out on him.

Can Willian play the right sided attacking role? Lennon doesn't contribute enough goals to play that position and I'm fed up seeing moves break down due to him taking the wrong option or putting in a patethic "cross"

He's an creative/attacking midfielder, far more physical than Luka but doesn't score goals like Vdv.... He's be slotting into Livermore's position against WBA I reckon...

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Can Willian play the right sided attacking role? Lennon doesn't contribute enough goals to play that position and I'm fed up seeing moves break down due to him taking the wrong option or putting in a patethic "cross"

Competition/Replacement for Lennon long overdue..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Competition/Replacement for Lennon long overdue..
    He actually played some of his best stuff the year Bentley was brought in, so yeah maybe he knuckles down again if there is competition for places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Dembele is costing us 15 mill. A snitch when we end up selling him to Barca for 40 in 4 years :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Dembele is costing us 15 mill. A snitch when we end up selling him to Barca for 40 in 4 years :-)

You mean Real right? Isn't that what the deal is about

PogMoThoin wrote: »

You mean Real right? Isn't that what the deal is about

I wouldn't think levy would give a sh!t so long as the wonga is right. He'd probably manage to pull it off and somehow Real would be happy.

Just back to AVB for a minute. We better finish third or higher. It's one thing rebuilding a team that fished 13th for the last three seasons, its another taking apart a CL qualifying team that was put together at a fraction of the cost of its immediate rivals and did the business.

Oh yeah? I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder?

Do you mean Modric or VDV. I consider Modric an attacking midfielder while VDV is a forward who upsets our balance by continually coming back into midfield to play 5-10 yard passes to other midfielders. Considering that we had the likes of Bale, Modric, Parker and Lennon who were more than capable of doing that job, I just don't think that we would miss him (VDV) that much. I am hoping that Defoe playing off Ade with Lennon, Dembele, Parker/Sandro and Bale behind will be an improvement

Do you mean Modric or VDV

I meant the new lad :cool: never thought of modric as an attacking midfielder though, which is why I posted what I posted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just back to AVB for a minute. We better finish third or higher.

That's probably not going to happen. Regardless of where we finished last year, Levy and AVB will be looking to make this into a league winning team. That doesn't happen straight away, especially when you make so many changes. I'll be happy with top 6 this year, as long as it looks like we are improving.

As for the current deals being done (Dembele, Lloris and Willian). They all seem to be great signings, and i look forward to seeing them playing for us...i just wish we had done the deals 3-4 weeks ago. I guess we had to wait for the Modric deal to go through, but i hate leaving it this late to get players in.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

My sentiments exactly Kiith.
    AVB will have to be given time and not judged harshly on his first year performance. I think he will prove a lot of people wrong in the coming years as he builds an athletic team that will compete with the best of them.
    As can be seen already with the possible departures of some of my favourite players Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone and VDV.
    These players unfortunately are not quick enough to compete in a top 4 team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just back to AVB for a minute. We better finish third or higher.

No pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

according to skysports,fee agreed for Dembele and medical done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Id love to see Dembele run the show at old trafford in a few weeks!

I meant the new lad :cool: never thought of modric as an attacking midfielder though, which is why I posted what I posted.

No worries. I would agree that Modric would probably be described as a creative midfielder than attacking but I "think" that I have seen Dembele play as both an attacking midfielder and supporting the front man. He was excellent bombing forward against Man U last weekend. Thinking of how quiet Modders was after Christmas and hoping that we mightn't come ut of is too badly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I hope we wrap this one up quickly. I cant believe none of the other top clubs havent made a move. We cant afford to let this one stall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I hope we wrap this one up quickly. I cant believe none of the other top clubs havent made a move. We cant afford to let this one stall.

Big time! The talk in the Utd thread is pretty bad and they cannot understand how Utd haven't gone properly for him. Let's hope it's all sorted and official this morning.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No pressure

I read an article recently where AVB admitted that a CL finishing position in the league this season was part of his job requirements. (which I dont agree with incidently).

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No pressure

I read an article recently where AVB admitted that a CL finishing position in the league this season was part of his job requirements. (which I dont agree with incidently).

Why don't you agree with it! He was brought in to advance our progress, its not like we went backwards last season. It would be different if we had done a Liverpool but we didn't. Arry got the door on the basis that he'd brought us as far as he could. AVB is only in to try and bring us a step further. CL qualification must be the minimum requirement otherwise this has all been a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Why don't you agree with it! He was brought in to advance our progress, its not like we went backwards last season. It would be different if we had done a Liverpool but we didn't. Arry got the door on the basis that he'd brought us as far as he could. AVB is only in to try and bring us a step further. CL qualification must be the minimum requirement otherwise this has all been a waste of time.

Unless the new manager has the exact same tactics as the old one (which is certainly not the case here), there is bound to be a transitional period, which will most likely involve some bad results. Unfortunately, not many people seem to understand this, which is why the knives will probably be out for AVB by Christmas or before.

Sometimes you gotta take a step backwards in order to take two steps forward.

• Advertisement

Your preaching to the converted. We have/had an excellent team in recent season and to be honest I dont think we need half the players we are been linked to in order to be able to progress again this year. I think AVB will bring us a step forward but its going to be next season before we do I reckon.

Advertisement