Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ormus wrote: »
    Unless the new manager has the exact same tactics as the old one (which is certainly not the case here), there is bound to be a transitional period, which will most likely involve some bad results. Unfortunately, not many people seem to understand this, which is why the knives will probably be out for AVB by Christmas or before.

Sometimes you gotta take a step backwards in order to take two steps forward.

^^^ Or what he just said. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

yidweiser wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly Kiith.
    AVB will have to be given time and not judged harshly on his first year performance. I think he will prove a lot of people wrong in the coming years as he builds an athletic team that will compete with the best of them.
    As can be seen already with the possible departures of some of my favourite players Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone and VDV.
    These players unfortunately are not quick enough to compete in a top 4 team.

Well said, it's not that Daws, Hudd and VdV aren't good enough, it's just that they aren't fast enough to make AVB's system work effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Well said, it's not that Daws, Hudd and VdV aren't good enough, it's just that they aren't fast enough to make AVB's system work effectively.

SSN reckon Lennon is the next to be moved on do you think he isn't fast enough to make the system work?

celt262 wrote: »
    SSN reckon Lennon is the next to be moved on do you think he isn't fast enough to make the system work?

He certainly is fast enough.

Do you think speed is the only criterion?

He certainly is fast enough.

Do you think speed is the only criterion?

No but you must.

• Advertisement

No but you must.

Why?

I think you're getting confused. AVB wants players who are fast. That doesn't mean he wants players who are ONLY fast, otherwise we would have made a bid for Usain Bolt.

If he is selling Lennon, then he must think he isn't a good enough footballer, despite having the pace he wants.

Get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Why?

I think you're getting confused. AVB wants players who are fast. That doesn't mean he wants players who are ONLY fast, otherwise we would have made a bid for Usain Bolt.

If he is selling Lennon, then he must think he isn't a good enough footballer, despite having the pace he wants.

Get it?

What are you getting at in the bolded bits then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

What are you getting at in the bolded bits then?

He means you have to be a good footballer AND fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Tbh I think almost every player that isn't new to the team will be mentioned in some newspaper scoop over the next few days. Sure why not pick Lennon next? After this it will be Kaboul or Walker, then Benny. I can't imagine that Lennon is going to be sold. His pace is too important to the team, and he's also very integrated into the squad. Who would we replace him with? I can't see this one happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lennon will only leave if we get Affelay on loan. Manchester Evening news reported last night that we had made an enquiry about Nani & Anderson.

He means you have to be a good footballer AND fast.

Thank you sir

SuprSi wrote: »
    Sure why not pick Lennon next? After this it will be Kaboul or Walker, then Benny.

Gullieum Ballauge said in an interview that Real Madrid had scouted Modric, Bale and Walker during the summer but decided to proceed with Luka only.

Tbh I think almost every player that isn't new to the team will be mentioned in some newspaper scoop over the next few days. Sure why not pick Lennon next? After this it will be Kaboul or Walker, then Benny. I can't imagine that Lennon is going to be sold. His pace is too important to the team, and he's also very integrated into the squad. Who would we replace him with? I can't see this one happening at all.

I agree, I'm a huge fan of Lennon. His crossing and general decision making has improved a lot and I think if he got a good run without injury his finishing would improve too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If Hulk stays, they will sell Moutinho...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8030964

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Looks like Dembele signing ;) Great stuff if it goes through...

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If Hulk stays, they will sell Moutinho...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8030964

I think they'll make him available for sale, but he'll still cost around £25m, which is beyond what Spurs will pay (I'd imagine). Even if we did, with Dembele, where would Moutinho fit in?

Moutinho - Sandro - Dembele
    Lennon - Ade - Bale

Sandro - Dembele
    --- Moutinho ---
    Lennon - Ade - Bale

No place in there for VDV or Gylfi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

PogMoThoin wrote: »

So only Kaboul, Benny, Walker, Bale & Sandro left to have a rumour written about them!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

So only Kaboul, Benny, Walker, Bale & Sandro left to have a rumour written about them!! :D

Walker was rejected by Real Madrid scouts and Bale will be going to them next year as part of our agreement ! :D

PogMoThoin wrote: »

It doesn't make much sense at all. We would get damn all for Parker and would miss his experience.

We need cover for right midfield so if we sold Lennon we would need 2 players. Not to mention the idiocy of telling players they are on the way out and then keeping them til at least January.

I think this article is completely made up.

SSN just showed Dembele at Spurs Lodge, all smiles! Hopefully that means it's a done deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

SSN just showed Dembele at Spurs Lodge, all smiles! Hopefully that means it's a done deal :D

aghhhh I'm so bloody excited, cannot wait for it to be confirmed so I can rub it in my friends face. Big Man Utd fan who said there was no chance we would sign Dembele..."You do realise that Spurs have no chance signing Dembele because if they bid for him, Man Utd will definitely bid for him and lets be honest he's clearly going to come to us over Spurs" :pac:

It's just been confirmed
    http://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/240829408871587841

I'm doin a little dance here.......:D

snoopy-happy-dance.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think they'll make him available for sale, but he'll still cost around £25m, which is beyond what Spurs will pay (I'd imagine). Even if we did, with Dembele, where would Moutinho fit in?

I don't think Moutinho is coming now Dembele is in. AVB will want to play one holding midfielder in the centre (Parker/Sandro/Livermore), one box to box player (Dembele) and one attacking midfielder (Siggy/VDV).

This is why I think rumours of Lennon or Parker leaving are very much fabricated. As we are light enough on the wings as it is (really only Townsend as cover for Bale/Lennon) plus Parker will be needed as holding cover if Sandro is given the starting spot. Unless Parker's wages are high and AVB sees Livermore as a more economical option as cover for Sandro.

Friedel
    King
    Dawson
    Hudd
    Modric
    Parker
    Lennon
    VDV

(Kranjaer
    Pav
    Robbie Keane
    Charlie)

When will it end?

Harry must be turning in his .. er.. bed.

I don't think Moutinho is coming now Dembele is in. AVB will want to play one holding midfielder in the centre (Parker/Sandro/Livermore), one box to box player (Dembele) and one attacking midfielder (Siggy/VDV).

You never know they could be going all out for Moutinho with Vdv on his way to Hamburg if it happens. Hamburg Chairman "There is not a lot of time, it is really up to Tottenham Hotspur. If we have a chance to sign him, we will do everything we can to make that happen."

Most exciting window ever!

• Advertisement

Friedel
    King
    Dawson
    Hudd
    Modric
    Parker
    Lennon
    VDV

(Kranjaer
    Pav
    Robbie Keane
    Charlie)

When will it end?

Harry must be turning in his .. er.. bed.

That's not bad if we end up with this starting 11
    Lloris Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto Dembele M'Villa Lennon Willian Bale Adebayor

Advertisement