Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Fergie could go all out now after loosing out to City. I'd be surprised if he didn't come snooping around Bale and Luka.

I don't care what anybody says it's the poorest united team I have seen maybe ever. They need a big investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

ziedth wrote: »
    Fergie could go all out now after loosing out to City. I'd be surprised if he didn't come snooping around Bale and Luka.

I don't care what anybody says it's the poorest united team I have seen maybe ever. They need a big investment.

It'll come down mainly to whether the Glazers have any cash. If they do, I'm sure Fergie will do his best to get them to spend some.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A big chuck of their dept has been wiped out recently, i think from money generated in Asia. Can't remember where i read this, and it was a while ago, but i don't think they are as strapped as they used to be.

Is it this season the fair play rules are being introduced?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's 13/14 i think. It seems like a total farce though, after City's £400 million sponsorship with Etihad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

What do we make of Loic Remy?

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/05/remy-deal-good-news-and-less-so-good-news/?

I'm not 100% on him, purely because I haven's seen much of him. He has a 1 in 3 record for his career. Could he potentially develop in to a Thierry Henry for Spurs?

He could work well with VDV. Plus he has experience on the wing, so could act as cover for Bale/Lennon if they get injured.

What do we make of Loic Remy?

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/05/remy-deal-good-news-and-less-so-good-news/?

I'm not 100% on him, purely because I haven's seen much of him. He has a 1 in 3 record for his career. Could he potentially develop in to a Thierry Henry for Spurs?

He could work well with VDV. Plus he has experience on the wing, so could act as cover for Bale/Lennon if they get injured.

I haven't seen a lot of him but he has looked like a 1 in 3 striker when I've seen him: athletic and fast but not a clinical finisher.

He has repeatedly said he is staying where he is anyway.

His stats don't make me weak at the knees to be honest, is he any better then Defoe?

I'd rather keep what we have then sign someone new for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

ziedth wrote: »
    His stats don't make me weak at the knees to be honest, is he any better then Defoe?

I'd rather keep what we have then sign someone new for the sake of it.

Simple answer Yes. I think Defoe is on his way. He deserves game time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

looks like luca thinks his contract is up again :-)

"I will make the decision where to continue my career. I’m ready for the big tests."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »
    looks like luca thinks his contract is up again :-)

"I will make the decision where to continue my career. I’m ready for the big tests."

Well if Chelsea win at the weekend he'll be gone, which I can begrudgingly say is fair enough. If they don't win, he can stay and shut up with his whinging and perform from the very start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I think if Modric really wants to leave we should sell him, but I don't think we should sell him to another premier league club. We shouldn't be selling our best players to our biggest rivals. Sell him to Spain or Italy or somewhere else.

Actually I don't mind selling him to United for a huge fee. Normally when we sell to United they pay over the odds and the player ends up being mediocre for them, e.g Carrick, Berbatov.

jiltloop wrote: »
    I think if Modric really wants to leave we should sell him, but I don't think we should sell him to another premier league club. We shouldn't be selling our best players to our biggest rivals. Sell him to Spain or Italy or somewhere else.

Actually I don't mind selling him to United for a huge fee. Normally when we sell to United they pay over the odds and the player ends up being mediocre for them, e.g Carrick, Berbatov.

I agree with that. Tell Luka if he really wants to go then fine, but only if a club matches our valuation (35-40m?) and that club isn't one of our 2 current closest rivals (Chelsea or Arsenal).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

jiltloop wrote: »

+1

I agree. Ship him off to Europe. On the Remy thing, while I know nothing about him, you could use the Berbatov example as Spurs recognising potential. From what I recall he wasn't setting the world alight in Germany and had a similar record (1 in 3) before coming across. I even remember that I would have preferred Kuyt as Liverpool bought him at the same time.

Having said that, he could also end up being a flop as the French league is not as tough as the German league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Modric deal like Fabregas and Ronaldo before him was done the previous summer I'd wager.

We should be looking for a replacement before the Euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

well if we get champs league then i reckon hazard will join us and modric will be sold for 40 million

SuprSi wrote: »
    I agree. Ship him off to Europe. On the Remy thing, while I know nothing about him, you could use the Berbatov example as Spurs recognising potential. From what I recall he wasn't setting the world alight in Germany and had a similar record (1 in 3) before coming across. I even remember that I would have preferred Kuyt as Liverpool bought him at the same time.

Having said that, he could also end up being a flop as the French league is not as tough as the German league.

Berbatov looked like a class act in Germany though, he was on the up, I remember being thrilled when we got him.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Modric deal like Fabregas and Ronaldo before him was done the previous summer I'd wager.

We should be looking for a replacement before the Euros.

Is this inside info or speculation?

Personally I'd be surprised if Chelsea are still interested.

mickman wrote: »
    well if we get champs league then i reckon hazard will join us and modric will be sold for 40 million

I'd say if we get Champs League and Hazard, Luka might wanna stick around.

We won't get Hazard though, that ship has sailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Yeah no hope with Hazard, he looks City bound

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Really excited/apprehensive for the match on Saturday now.

So much of the potential business of this window depends on it really.

I'm the same. While I'm not quite as nervous as if Spurs were actually playing in the final (we can dream!) it's still a huge game, the outcome of which may shape the future of the team in so many ways.

C'mon Bayern!!

Love the avatar haha, just noticed that now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

RoboClam wrote: »
    Really excited/apprehensive for the match on Saturday now.

So much of the potential business of this window depends on it really.

Tomorrow night is our biggest game of the season and we are not even playing. If it is a tight one it will be painful viewing.

Nilmar and Mandzukic are the latest names being bandied around.

I'm underwhelmed.

I think we can be pretty much sure that whoever is mentioned by the ITK crowd will not be signing so I wouldn't be too worried about those sort of names being mentioned.

I think we can be pretty much sure that whoever is mentioned by the ITK crowd will not be signing so I wouldn't be too worried about those sort of names being mentioned.

Isn't that what gossip is?

Ormus wrote: »
    Isn't that what gossip is?

Very true, but what I meant was that we will get linked with everyone this summer whether they're available or not, and while I love hearing the stories I won't be getting excited when I hear someone good being linked or worried when I hear someone not so good being linked until they're wearing the shirt :D

• Advertisement

Very true, but what I meant was that we will get linked with everyone this summer whether they're available or not, and while I love hearing the stories I won't be getting excited when I hear someone good being linked or worried when I hear someone not so good being linked until they're wearing the shirt :D

Best stay away from this thread so!

Ah you're right really though, most of this is just fantasy talk, unless one of the few reputable papers publish something, or there are direct quotes from a player. Even direct quotes can be taken out of context or can be ploys to get other clubs interested.

Still, it's nice to dream sometimes. Vertonghen seems to have gone a bit quiet, I was starting to think we might wrap that one up.

Advertisement