Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Why would you guys sell VDV?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

FearDark wrote: »

I am asking the same question. Why?

Look at the deals done so far in this transfer window.
    Are they upgrades on what we had?

VDV - Siggy
    King - Vert
    Modric - Dembele.

Ade was signed on a permanent deal.

Levy needs to pull another one out of the bag otherwise this transfer window will not be the success people seem to think it is already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He wanted to leave, at least that's what we've heard. He's a legend in Hamburg apparently, and his wife and son are still in Germany. I can respect wanting to be let go for that reason.
    King - Vert
    Modric - Dembele.
    At least with these two, they were the right moves. Vertongen looks great, and will (hopefully) be far more reliable then King was. I loved the guy, but we need a CB who plays every week. Plus, King retired. Not like AVB/Levy could do anything about that.

And Modric was always going to leave. We got rid of someone who wanted out (and made sure he got out), and we got in a quality signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

£10 million for a 29 year old guy (we paid £8 million for him) who can only play for 60 mins a match and doesn't really fit into the new managers system?..no brainer really.
    Plus it increases the transfer kitty to try and pull off a major signing before the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ormus wrote: »
    VdV got 11 in 2,314 minutes = 210 mins per goal.

Siggy got 7 in 1,495 = 213 mins per goal.

But, goals/games:

Rafa (29) - 11/33
    Siggy (22) - 7/18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If it was a family decision I have to accept it was best for both parties, but if it's that AVB didn't see him fitting into the team I'm worried. Class player, always scores goals - important goals too and always raised his game against Arsenal!

Personally I'm very disappointed to see him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Liverpool have bid 37m for the naming rights.......:D

http://t.co/ltaIfp4T

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

In fairness to VDV i remember him saying that he always felt he will go back to HSV before the end of his career.He never asked for a transfer and just got on with it tru all the speculation........Respect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I am asking the same question. Why?

Look at the deals done so far in this transfer window.
    Are they upgrades on what we had?

VDV - Siggy
    King - Vert
    Modric - Dembele.

Ade was signed on a permanent deal.

Levy needs to pull another one out of the bag otherwise this transfer window will not be the success people seem to think it is already.

King retired and Modric threw his toys out of the pram. Those are hardly what you call deals.

But yes, I think they may all be upgrades at playing the high line, fast paced pressing game that AVB is implementing. I guess it's too early to tell about how good Dembele will be at replacing Modric, but I'm optimistic.

But, goals/games:

Rafa (29) - 11/33
    Siggy (22) - 7/18

But surely minutes on the pitch are more accurate no? It goes to show how often Rafa got subbed off. Rightly so in my opinion. His stamina was never the best.

• Advertisement

SSN reporting that we've agreed a fee for Moutinho! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kiith wrote: »

come on

OMG!! Please please please :D

Not sure we really need him at this stage do we? Kinda same position as Dembele I thought.

Not sure we really need him at this stage do we? Kinda same position as Dembele I thought.

I know, but it's so exciting!! :D

I'd still say we need him. With both VDV and Modric now gone, he'd be a perfect replacement. Both he and Dembele would get plenty of game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

nah he'd play with sandro in the 2 with dembele further forward in front of them. He has been the new managers number one target all along, great news if we get him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

moutinho, Lloris, dembele, Verts, Sigi.... and a sneaky berbs would do for a summer spending spree ;)

I'd still say we need him. With both VDV and Modric now gone, he'd be a perfect replacement. Both he and Dembele would get plenty of game time.
    Hatch99 wrote: »
    nah he'd play with sandro in the 2 with dembele further forward in front of them. He has been the new managers number one target all along, great news if we get him

Ok so some people think Dembele would be the more attacking and some think Moutinho.

Dembele scored 5 in 62 games for Fulham.
    Moutinho scored 3 in 56 for Porto.

I think if we play 3 in midfield, one of them has to be a goalscoring threat, a la VdV/Siggy.

It's not like Bale or Lennon are prolific.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, I guess it's just rumours as of yet. Just seems excessive to break our transfer record for someone we don't really need.

Exciting though! In AVB I (kinda) trust.

I agree that there is a question as to where our goals will come from. Hopefully Ade can do well with the system, and Bale/Lennon/Siggy can get a few as well. Would still love a striker though.

Lloris and Llorente to finish the day off :P

• Advertisement

One other thing on Moutinho if we get him. He's basically a straight swap for Modric. And we are getting rid of someone who doesn't want to play for us, and getting in someone who really wants to play for AVB again, and knows his system inside out.

Pretty good on paper anyway, and hopefully works out well for us.

One other thing on Moutinho if we get him. He's basically a straight swap for Modric. And we are getting rid of someone who doesn't want to play for us, and getting in someone who really wants to play for AVB again, and knows his system inside out.

Exactly. I think everyone can agree that AVB has wanted him all along and that he was the nearest thing to Modric out there so if he comes he'll be a massive signing.

I would completely agree, except that I thought we had already replaced Modric!

Maybe Sandro/Parker will be dropped and we'll play a midfield of Dembele and Moutinho, with Siggy just in front of them, just behind Ade.

Now that would be exciting.

Maybe Sandro/Parker will be dropped and we'll play a midfield of Dembele and Moutinho, with Siggy just in front of them, just behind Ade.

Now that would be exciting.

If i were to guess, i'd say Parker will be relied on less this year, with Sandro, Dembele, Siggy and Moutinho getting the majority of time. They'll all get plenty of time i'd say though, and we'll just have to see how we play.

At least that's probably what i'd do :P

Apparently a fee has been agreed with Sunderland for Jenas. Just hope he accepts the terms and moves on. He won't get any game time with us, so he really should go.

Nope, deal is off now. God damn it.

SSN just reported that the Lyon website apparently says that a deal has been reached with Lloris though :)

D'oh! Will we ever be rid of him! :mad:

Lyon/Lloris deal agreed, player in London for a medical supposedly, according to SSN

SSN saying Moutinho has been confirmed for £22 million! Holy crap Levy, keep working that black magic!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I LOVE DEADLINE DAY

Advertisement