Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Ormus wrote: »
    On F365 just now:

David Hytner of The Guardian still thinks Jermaine Jenas's move to Sunderland has legs.

I'll lend him my legs if it gets him up there quicker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomtherobot

It's looking like dos santos out and mountinho in.

It's looking like a beautiful day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Eh.....Higuain. Where did this come from!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Lyon chief on Lloris/Spurs deal: "The negotiation has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years."

Would it be any other way with Mr. Levy?!

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »

None of the ITK's have reported this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Saab Ed wrote: »

Care to elaborate? :confused:

Daniel Levy has been busting some balls again.

Here's Jean-Michel Aulas, about negotiations over Hugo Lloris.

"We have had people speaking all night with Daniel Levy. He talks a lot and goes back on what we've agreed in writing.

"The things as they were at 5am were not the same at 10am. I think we have to make sure we get a certain amount of value because it's important that Hugo can go to a quality club that allows him to do himself justice from a value point of view, so that he can feel right about it...

"It's been very, very difficult. I'vee got 25 years of experience as a president of a club and it's our 16th participation in a European competition in a row. But this is very rare in the football world.

"The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years."

Big talk from the big man.

I think Lyon are confused. If they have something in writing then there is no going back on it. If it's not in writing then it's not agreed.

Lyon used to be the hardest bargainers in world football back when they sold the likes of Essien and Diarra for obscene sums.

That's not good at all. I don't understand tactics like that and I hope it doesn't come back to bite Levy in the arse. He's a great keeper and all negotiations around his purchase should be done correctly and fairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Please not Higuian- Completely overrated. :mad:

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's not good at all. I don't understand tactics like that and I hope it doesn't come back to bite Levy in the arse. He's a great keeper and all negotiations around his purchase should be done correctly and fairly.

There is no unfair way to negotiate. If Lyon had an agreement from Levy in writing then they can rely on that 100%.

If they didn't then they are lying.

If an agreement wasn't in writing then either party is entitled to change their mind before it's signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm gobsmacked by those comments from Lyon.

On the one hand it goes to show that Levy is a tough man to deal with and will always get a good deal, wont be pushed around etc but on the other hand it looks like he plays dirty tricks and we dont want that kind of reputation or else no-one will want to deal with us.

I'm gobsmacked by those comments from Lyon.

On the one hand it goes to show that Levy is a tough man to deal with and will always get a good deal, wont be pushed around etc but on the other hand it looks like he plays dirty tricks and we dont want that kind of reputation or else no-one will want to deal with us.

It's not true, trust me.

An agreement in writing is set in stone. There never was such agreement. If there was, Lyon could rely on it.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Please not Higuian- Completely overrated. :mad:

Are you mad? Would you prefer Defoe or Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I agree completely Ormus.

If they had it in writing then thats that. What could well have happened is that hes just fed up of not getting the deal he wanted and now just wants to take a cheap shot at levy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Great insight into what we already know about DL:

Speaking from the Europa League draw, Aulas also revealed that he has never endured such a difficult negotiation for a player.
    "We have had people speaking all night with Daniel Levy. He talks a lot and goes back on what we've agreed in writing.

"The things as they were at 5am were not the same at 10am. I think we have to make sure we get a certain amount of value because it's important that Hugo can go to a quality club that allows him to do himself justice from a value point of view, so that he can feel right about it.

"At the moment we're talking about whether he can come back to say his goodbyes to the supporters, to his team-mates, so we can honour him, this truly great player and brilliant man.

Aulas feels the deal is currently at a tentative stage and could go either way.

"I would put it at 50-50 that Hugo goes to Tottenham. Although from the outset we've submitted to agreements I would now put it at 50-50 that he'll be going there," he added.

"Agreements have not at all been respected. We've done what we can. Hugo has been troubled by the difficulty in these negotiations.

"He's one of the best in Europe in his position. Our transfer window is open until 4 September but for Tottenham the English transfer window closes on 31 August. Either it happens tonight or not at all for Hugo Lloris.

"It's been very, very difficult. I've got 25 years of experience as a president of a club and it's our 16th participation in a European competition in a row. But this is very rare in the football world.

"The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years.

"We had email exchanges which have been contradicted, so that's made it very complicated. It's difficult. The Tottenham board's theory is to explain that the economic market is very hard and so we have to get used to renegotiating.

"But for us, who are attached to a player of the quality of Hugo Lloris, and such is the value of the transfer, that causes us to ask questions.

"He has agreed personal terms with Tottenham, he remains under that impression, but since we have had Hugo Lloris on the telephone for a long time overnight and this morning and he's completely undecided about what happens next.

"We've been negotiating all night. The first negotiation was at the start of the window, about a month-and-a-half ago, through an intermediary who was a French lawyer, who lives in Lyon.

"And then nothing for about a month-and-a-half. The negotiation then picked up again about a week ago."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope we don't lose out on Lloris. After getting Moutinho for £22 million, i would hope we don't skimp on an extra 1 or 2 million to match Lyon's mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ormus wrote: »
    There is no unfair way to negotiate. If Lyon had an agreement from Levy in writing then they can rely on that 100%.

If they didn't then they are lying.

If an agreement wasn't in writing then either party is entitled to change their mind before it's signed.

Thats wrong. If you negotiate a deal orally and then you renege on the deal you are then saying that your word is not worth anything. It's not professional. In most forms of business a verbal agreement is made prior to signing of any documents..

Not to rain on anyones parade but I was just talking (boasting) on facebook when someone asked me who've signed today and the answer is no-one yet.

• Advertisement

Great insight into what we already know about DL:

Speaking from the Europa League draw, Aulas also revealed that he has never endured such a difficult negotiation for a player.

Sounds to me like Levy is getting a taste of his own medicine...?

Bye Rafa and thanks for all the good memories.

Some difference to how I feel about him leaving compared to Modric.

Thats wrong. If you negotiate a deal orally and then you renege on the deal you are then saying that your word is not worth anything. It's not professional. In most forms of business a verbal agreement is made prior to signing of any documents..

yes, or even in an informal fashion in emails, SMS etc. While not 100% binding, surely they hold a resonable amount of merit.

Not to rain on anyones parade but I was just talking (boasting) on facebook when someone asked me who've signed today and the answer is no-one yet.

This is very true. Let's hope it doesn't remain so after 11pm this evening!

'He's not going to England,' De Saint Sernin declared. 'Tottenham gave up on the player at 19:30 last night. It's 95 percent sure he will stay at Rennes, unless a Russian or Ukrainian club makes an offer."

Probably on the back of us striking a deal for Moutinho?

It's legally possible to enforce a verbal agreement but the very reason it's so hard to enforce is that it's so easily reneged on.

A general rule of business, especially big business, is that the negotiation stage continues right up to the signing of a contract.

A party is completely entitled to change their mind on any aspect of an agreement before it's signed.

Think about it: if verbal agreements were relevant then there would be no need to put anything in writing.

SSN saying Lloris is on his way to London for a medical, but a deal has not yet been made. They are talking about what the Lyon president said regarding Levy.

Lloris has just arrived at WHL. Hopefully will get this sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Am I right in thinking that as it stands, we have only two strikers in our squad? Defoe and Adebayor? :(

• Advertisement

Am I right in thinking that as it stands, we have only two strikers in our squad? Defoe and Adebayor? :(

Unfortunately, them and Harry Kane

Advertisement