Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

keane=cock wrote: »
    so the deadline day signing cant play v norwich? that right?

Correct, 12 noon cut-off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ah well, off to bed. It would be nice to wake up to Moutinho but I'd say that's not going to happen now. Still happy with our dealings and looking forward to the game tomorrow.

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Would I be right in saying that our transfer dealings cost us nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

tippspur wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that our transfer dealings cost us nothing?

A lot more came in than went out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

As it stands we made a profit but hold your breathe:

Phil McNulty, BBC Sport Chief Football Writer @ 23:05:

"Manchester City will confirm Javi Garcia very shortly. There is still talk at Spurs about Joao Moutinho from Porto, but they are leaving that very, very late."

Remember Berbs signed 3hrs after the window closed, I'm shocked if DL hasn't backed the manager!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I'm very happy with what we have done today! Sad to see VDV go, but the signings we made were a great transfer day, Lloris was a great signing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

As it stands we made a profit but hold your breathe:

Phil McNulty, BBC Sport Chief Football Writer @ 23:05:

"Manchester City will confirm Javi Garcia very shortly. There is still talk at Spurs about Joao Moutinho from Porto, but they are leaving that very, very late."

Remember Berbs signed 3hrs after the window closed, I'm shocked if DL hasn't backed the manager!

Yeah and Mc Nulty can be on the money. Don't turn the telly ,sorry computer, off just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

just back from work there, mixd emotions tbh...

lloris is a great signing, absolutely delighted with it.

however what happened to moutinho?:(

and then dempsey... for 6 million... oh god.

complete panic buy! dissappointed with it tbh.

i dunno really... time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

VDv out + Dempsey in = Transfer fail
    Modric out + Demeble in = Transfer fail
    King Out + Vert in = transfer Win

SSN reporting Moutinho still on?! I think I need new underpants:D

• Advertisement

Moutinho still on. Hold tight .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Please god Moutinho has signed and on time too! Otherwise SSN are bein unneccessarily cruel. P.S feck off cricket!!

jiltloop wrote: »
    Please god Moutinho has signed and on time too! Otherwise SSN are bein unneccessarily cruel. P.S feck off cricket!!

Which would be just typical. Only giving this credence because Phil Mc Nulty said it on the beeb site first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Moutinho still on? Fcuk sake, I'll never get to bed at this rate.. I'm not getting my hopes up anyway, the amount of times we've been let down this summer has been ridiculous..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

whats the latest this can be confirmed?

The deal sheet was introduced two years ago. Clubs sometimes conclude deals at the last minute and it is not always easy for them to get everything completed and sent over by 11pm. The deal sheet allows a club to confirm that a deal has been reached in order to allow for additional time to submit the remaining documentation.

The sheet cannot be used prior to 9pm and needs to arrive fully completed before the transfer window closes. Once the sheet arrives, clubs have got until 1am in which to submit the full paperwork. But if a club are looking to complete an international transfer, it still has to comply with the FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) deadline of midnight.

Any player signed after midday on Friday will not be eligible for this weekend's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Looks like its evaporated. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Jim White make my night please !!

this is fcuking torture!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

whats the latest this can be confirmed?

Latest is that I know ,

Sky Sports NewsSkySportsNews
    We're still waiting for news from Tottenham on whether a deal has been completed for Joao Moutinho #skydeadlineday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Meh, i'm too tired to watch this anymore. Hopefully we'll get him, but i doubt it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Im paraphasing here but didnt Dempsey say something along the lines of "if i dont get to sign for liverpool, i will retire from football".

Talk about double standards from spurs. Modric strikes and we move him on and use the money to buy someone like Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

nipps wrote: »
    just back from work there, mixd emotions tbh...

lloris is a great signing, absolutely delighted with it.

however what happened to moutinho?:(

and then dempsey... for 6 million... oh god.

complete panic buy! dissappointed with it tbh.

i dunno really... time will tell

same as myself, left work at half 3 buzzing we were signing Moutinho, went to a work function, battery in my phone went, couldn't find anything out. I'm sorry but I am disgusted we haven't signed him because of personal reasons. Clint Dempsey is a great player but it is such a disappointment knowing we took the cheap and easy option out by signing Dempsey and not Moutinho. ALSO we only have Adebayor and Defoe as strikers? Not happy about this! Not a happy camper right now!

Im paraphasing here but didnt Dempsey say something along the lines of "if i dont get to sign for liverpool, i will retire from football".

Talk about double standards from spurs. Modric strikes and we move him on and use the money to buy someone like Dempsey.

if im honest i said during the week i think dempsey was a good signing for any team apart from maybe the two manchesters or chelsea but thats a very valid point!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

2 weeks ago when he went on "strike" I put up on FB what I thought of him and how that behaviour is unacceptable, most Liverpool fans agreed with me and said they wouldn't like a player with his attitude at there club......................................not looking forward to the comments tomorrow

right so, gonna watch the rest of the departed and then check if anything moutinho related has happened. then gladly off to bed:cool:

got a txt sayign the deal with moutinho has failed. its off a gooner so ill wait til i get something more concrete

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

kane out to norwich on loan

got a txt sayign the deal with moutinho has failed. its off a gooner so ill wait til i get something more concrete

Nag its off alright. Shame.

• Advertisement

bbc david ornstein has tweeted its off too. usually fairly accurate

Advertisement