Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    I'd honestly much rather give the likes of Coulibaly a shot than sign someone like Charlie Austin. Afterall what are our youth players for?

I'm all for youth promotion, I've started many a thread on the subject.

I've cried out for the likes of Coulthirst (current top goalscorer in NextGen Series) to be promoted, but I'd promote him/them for League Cup/Europa League/early FA Cup games.

What we need in January is a compromise between youth and experience. Somebody who is not too experienced that they will expect to be part of first team plans (Ade/Defoe might not get injured), but somebody who has played enough senior games to be able to hold their own if JD or Ade gets injured.

Realistically, if Ade/Defoe get injured there's a chance that this person could be leading the line on their own. I don't think a youth player has the experience required at senior level to do so. The shout for Charlie Austin is due to the fact that he's young, yet has played just over 100 league games either at League 1 or Championship level and has nearly 70 league goals to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm all for youth promotion, I've started many a thread on the subject.

I've cried out for the likes of Coulthirst (current top goalscorer in NextGen Series) to be promoted, but I'd promote him/them for League Cup/Europa League/early FA Cup games.

What we need in January is a compromise between youth and experience. Somebody who is not too experienced that they will expect to be part of first team plans (Ade/Defoe might not get injured), but somebody who has played enough senior games to be able to hold their own if JD or Ade gets injured.

Realistically, if Ade/Defoe get injured there's a chance that this person could be leading the line on their own. I don't think a youth player has the experience required at senior level to do so. The shout for Charlie Austin is due to the fact that he's young, yet has played just over 100 league games either at League 1 or Championship level and has nearly 70 league goals to boot.

I do see your point.

I think without giving shaq coulthirst or coulibaly a chance in the first team will hinder their progress. Not to mention I disagreed with sending Harry Kane on loan. I believe he should have been third choice but luckily with Defoes form we haven't needed him.

I don't really think Charlie Austin would sign too cheaply and he isn't that particularly young. He would be a gamble even though he has been scoring freely. Currently don't see him being what we need in January to improve the side. He'd only be back up. Better to be a summer signing to get a pre-season behind him with the club.

If its a striker we're signing it needs to be someone who can fit straight in and score goals right away.

I don't think it'll be too busy of a January for us.

If its a striker we're signing it needs to be someone who can fit straight in and score goals right away.

My dream purchase is Robert Lewandowski from Dortmund. He's got a hint of Berbatov and Ibrahimovic about him, would be perfect in a lone role with the wingers we have. Also, he's at that point in his career just before he becomes a superstar. Though, with Dortmund in flying form in the CL we have zero chance of getting him in Jan - but I'd love if we could go in with a heavy bid for him in the Summer (once we have CL football).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

My dream purchase is Robert Lewandowski from Dortmund. He's got a hint of Berbatov and Ibrahimovic about him, would be perfect in a lone role with the wingers we have. Also, he's at that point in his career just before he becomes a superstar. Though, with Dortmund in flying form in the CL we have zero chance of getting him in Jan - but I'd love if we could go in with a heavy bid for him in the Summer (once we have CL football).
    There's no way he'd leave Dortmund to join Spurs, not in Jan and and not next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What about Daniel Sturridge

• Advertisement

He's Liverpool bound.

What about Daniel Sturridge

Yeh he does look Liverpool bound, but I dont know why he wouldn't want to join spurs considering he thrived under AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

It's fingers crossed for Moutinho for me. I nearly cried in the summer when it fell through.:(

Yeh he does look Liverpool bound, but I dont know why he wouldn't want to join spurs considering he thrived under AVB.

Thats what I was thinking. He wants out of CFC and if we declared an interest I'm sure he'd talk to us at the very least.

How did Kalou do under AVB, he's available on a loan deal from Lille if you believe the newspapers.

Latest quotes from AVB are the same as earlier in the season. Spoke to Levy both agree will be a quiet window inwards. Few exiting.

Something tells me that AVB is just playing his cards close to his chest for now.

Don't recall Kalou doing much under AVB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Unlikely AVB would come out and say they are looking to get rid of players and bring others in case it doesn't transpire..

Rumours aplenty:

'Livermore out and M'Villa in'

Unlikely AVB would come out and say they are looking to get rid of players and bring others in case it doesn't transpire..

Rumours aplenty:

'Livermore out and M'Villa in'

He said both Cudicini and Gomes are allowed leave in January.

He said Gomes is allowed leave in January.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDVkH6fpBV6mXZW2NKu4_hPL_bjILQQZJRH3c8fwg3LGKaQYc8lIhuG09B

He said both Cudicini and Gomes are allowed leave in January.

As are Bentley and Jenas but they're not in our EPL squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Kold wrote: »

Holy f*ck! Didn't know he was 28 either, suspected a bit older. This is unbelievable almost.

**** that Italian journalist for blabbing if this is true cos united, city or chelsea will blow us out of the water with the transfer fee and wages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I have seen it too!'

Looks authentic but who knows

This is gaining legs !

If its true then I'm sure vdv had a hand in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

mickman wrote: »
    This is gaining legs !

If its true then I'm sure vdv had a hand in it

Please please please be true

• Advertisement

This reminds me of when Rivaldo deal was 'agreed'.

People should take it easy for a second! No credible sources just yet..

Would be a great Christmas present though.

yeah and the stories say "he hasnt played for Inter for 3 months because he refused to take a pay cut" and then we can pay his wages ??? hardly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

PogMoThoin wrote: »

'everywhere' is a little much. But it's all based off one Italian journalist with zero quotes from anyone. Apart from VDV which are from the summer.

Also yes sneijder hasn't played most of this season which stramaccioni has said is because of 'tactical' purposes but widely believed that it's because he won't take a paycut.

Which leads one to see this not happening as Levy surely wouldn't be offering him as much as his current wage...

January will be fun and games just like every window for spurs!

Here's Palmeri's tweet.

Palmeri tweeted: "Here's the big market news: Sneijder agreed deal with Tottenham, and ready to move London [as soon as possible]. Waiting for Inter and Spurs to agree terms."

When asked how likely he thought the transfer was, Palmeri said: "80%."

Reading on twitter apparently sneijder is on around £80k after tax. Due to high Italian taxes.

Hmmmmmm starting to sound a small bit more plausible. Still wont get excited until some credible quotes either from inter or spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

If he comes he'll be bringing her with him!

What a replacement for sylvie and rafa

17A7FBAE-05FE-4EF5-91FB-5C9B2391FE47-1184-000001808E9BE916_zps2c4ef134.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't see it being true, but if it is HOLY ****!! :P

I'm not going to believe it until he's in WHL holding a jersey. I don't mean to be a pessimist but all these articles are based on something written on Twitter - the home of everyone with an @rsehole.

• Advertisement

One tweet does not a Christmas make!

Hazard was quoted live on Belgian TV saying he would like to play for spurs, that he thought spurs was the best club for him.... We all know what happened there.

Advertisement