Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I thought those 3 names might get a reaction :D

I would take Drogba myself, but I'd pass on the other two.

What about making a move for Ba or Cisse. I know newcastle onlt signed them recently but doesnt mean we cant make a bid for them and the Newscastle owner hasnt been afriad to accept big bids for the big players in the past...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

What about making a move for Ba or Cisse. I know newcastle onlt signed them recently but doesnt mean we cant make a bid for them and the Newscastle owner hasnt been afriad to accept big bids for the big players in the past...

I wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Ba, if the rumours about that release clause in his contract are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Mike Ashley- Former season ticket holder at the Lane you referring to? :D

We should test his loyalty with a bid for Cisse !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Chelsea apparently bid €40 million for Lucas of Sao Paulo this morning. If they got him that virtually end their interest in Modric. Likewise if United get Kagawa, like many are suggesting they will, it should also cool their interest in Luka. If both of those moves happen I wonder what Modric would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

THFC wrote: »
    Chelsea apparently bid €40 million for Lucas of Sao Paulo this morning. If they got him that virtually end their interest in Modric. Likewise if United get Kagawa, like many are suggesting they will, it should also cool their interest in Luka. If both of those moves happen I wonder what Modric would do.

Real Madrid maybe? , that would be the lesser of 2 evils for us. i'd much rather him play abroad than with a rival premier league team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

BERBA wrote: »
    Real Madrid maybe? , that would be the lesser of 2 evils for us. i'd much rather him play abroad than with a rival premier league team.

Madrid are supposedly interested in cash plus diarra.

I dont think he will be going anywhere

mickman wrote: »
    Madrid are supposedly interested in cash plus diarra.

I dont think he will be going anywhere

It wouldn't be a transfer window without Spurs being linked to Diarra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Levy apparently in Amsterdam to make an offer for Verthongen... Be nice to have a centre half wrapped up before the euros!

*source from twitter so chances are he's no where near holland !!!!

Ormus wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a transfer window without Spurs being linked to Diarra.

Just thinking the same thing.

Diarra's a completely different player then Modric right? More like Parker and sandro afaik. Would be pointless signing him imo. Hope it soesnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If Diarra came one of Livermore or Parker would be surplus to requirements, and it's only going to be Parker. It would be madness to get rid of Sandro or Livermore. Doesn't even matter, going for Diarra doesn't make any sort of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

If Diarra came one of Livermore or Parker would be surplus to requirements, and it's only going to be Parker. It would be madness to get rid of Sandro or Livermore. Doesn't even matter, going for Diarra doesn't make any sort of sense.
    let him on

I agree, as great a signing as Parker was, it did kinda hold Sandro back for most of the season. We don't wanna hold him and Livermore back this season.

Then again it has seemed for years that 'Arry won't rest until he has signed Diarra and Joe Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

some reports suggesting we should buy adam johnson from city,play him on the left and move bale into the middle if we sell modric.....any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Levy is in Andersen having talks at the mo.

Who's Anderson?

And why is Levy in him???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Who's Anderson?

And why is Levy in him???
    Dammit Amsterdam I meant damn auto-correct

some reports suggesting we should buy adam johnson from city,play him on the left and move bale into the middle if we sell modric.....any thoughts?

What a waste of Bale's pace! That would be bizarre. Sounds like a joke.

Where are these reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

What a waste of Bale's pace! That would be bizarre. Sounds like a joke.

Where are these reports?

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/05/adam-johnson/?
    it was just a suggestion,some of it makes a little sense,it will probably never happen tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Bale having notions that he was anything other than an excellent winger is where our season started to falter imo. The goal vs a beaten Norwich outfit got so much hype everyone beleived he was more than he actually was. It wasn't until the games got tough and the opposition stronger when it became all too apparrent that the lad isn't up to this level yet, as a central player.

Adam Johnson isn't even better than Gio, why would we touch him? He'd staright away be one of our top earners and for what?

In my opinion it would be a terrible signing.

Really, I wouldnt turn my nose up at him - he's be great cover/replacement/rotation for either Lennon or Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd have to agree. He can play on either wing and although he's apparently quite greedy, he's got a great shot on him. I wonder if City would sell to us though?

• Advertisement

I see the BBC gossip column has a link to a story about Dynamo Kiev been interested in a double swoop for Kranjar and Corluka for £10m ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd like Adam Johnson too. He can play left or right and would give us that width if Lennon/Bale got injured. Plus, I'm hoping we will see a bit more rotation in the squad next year. So Townsend will be back to help out.

I'd like Craig Gordon (on a free), Vertongen, Johnson, Adebayor and another striker.

We'll have Naughton/Smith back in for cover for Walker/BAE.

Centre backs Vertongen, Kaboul, Caulker, Dawson, Gallas, King.

Huddlestone will hopefully be fit for the new season - giving us Hudd/Sando/Parker/Livermore in centre mid (we can sell Modric is ridiculous money is offered.)

Then VDV and Kranjcar in front of the centre mids.

With Adebayor, Defoe, Kane and another striker.

All we need now is a manager who knows how to rotate!

We'll have Naughton/Smith back in for cover for Walker/BAE.

Centre backs Vertongen, Kaboul, Caulker, Dawson, Gallas, King.

Huddlestone will hopefully be fit for the new season - giving us Hudd/Sando/Parker/Livermore in centre mid (we can sell Modric is ridiculous money is offered.)

Then VDV and Kranjcar in front of the centre mids.

All we need now is a manager who knows how to rotate!

Whats the story on Pienarr .. he only went back to everton on loan right?
    I'd give him a run at CM if Modric goes ahead of playing Kranjaer

Christ, when you look at are CF options like that we are woefully short. Especially if we fail to sign Ade.
    And HR seems to have lost faith in Defoe so we must be set for signing at least 2 strikers this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Whats the story on Pienarr .. he only went back to everton on loan right?
    I'd give him a run at CM if Modric goes ahead of playing Kranjaer

I worry about Pienaar, does he want to play for us? His confidence was high going back to Everton but he was a shadow of a man playing at the Lane.

Adam Johnson is a class act but apparently Mancini isn't impressed with his lifestyle or his workrate on the pitch.

We already have a winger on high wages with brilliant technique, rock n roll lifestyle and lazy attitude. His name is David Bentley.

Mancini still gives Balotelli a good few games and he is a nutter. How bad must Johnson be to get frozen out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Adam Johnson is a class act but apparently Mancini isn't impressed with his lifestyle or his workrate on the pitch.

We already have a winger on high wages with brilliant technique, rock n roll lifestyle and lazy attitude. His name is David Bentley.
    Mancini still gives Balotelli a good few games and he is a nutter. How bad must Johnson be to get frozen out.

I was in grand humour today until you reminded me of him.

*groan*

Just remembered that Bentley is coming back to us too.
    and Jenas
    and Corluka

and Pav? or did we get a few quid for him?

what other dead weight are we still carrying that was farmed out last summer/Jan>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

*groan*

and Jenas
    and Corluka

what other dead weight are we still carrying that was farmed out last summer/Jan>
    Harsh on Pav to call him deadweight, I always rated him personally. He's left the club now though, sold.

• Advertisement

*groan*

and Jenas
    and Corluka

Harsh on Charlie too, he is a good pro, although Naughton should be given a chance as reserve right back.

We should get rid of Bentley, Jenas, Gomes, Bassong, Townsend, Gio, Nelsen and Kranky.

If Pienaar isn't gonna get games he should be allowed to stay at Everton.

Personally I would sell Defoe, as he just doesn't fit in any formation we play.

Rose should probably go. Not good enough to even be reserve left back.

Advertisement