Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    On a different note seems a few articles popping up saying we've made/making a bid for David Villa. Would suit our style but hope its not for much if we are going to sign him.

A loan move for Villa and the purchase of Moutinho would be a perfect transfer window for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dont know... if we where that close to signing Moutinho on transfer deadline day and AVB is so keen on him why wasnt the red tape tidied up over the last few months so he could join us on Jan 1st instead of waiting until now and starting all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

A loan move for Villa and the purchase of Moutinho would be a perfect transfer window for me.

From what I've read it's a permanent deal being reported. Would make sense to be a loan with a view to a permanent deal in the summer. No quotes from either club so take it as a pinch of salt.

He's only played 6 times this season and has spent a decent amount of time injured I'd be worried about his fitness. Not sure if he'd have the impact we'd like to see between now and the end of the season.

I dont know... if we where that close to signing Moutinho on transfer deadline day and AVB is so keen on him why wasnt the red tape tidied up over the last few months so he could join us on Jan 1st instead of waiting until now and starting all over again.

Being saying this myself for months. I don't think Levy understands the concept of pre-contracts to be honest. Only one I remember being tied up before a window opened was Modric.

Should be enough to show that we won't be going mad this month.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/tottenham-hotspur-boss-believes-january-signings-are-extremely-unlikely-22076/?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Scott Parker to Fulham?

• Advertisement

Scott Parker to Fulham?

Where did you hear that? Didn't AVB say Parker wasn't going anywhere a couple of weeks ago.

Everton losing and Chelsea drawing. Please let it finish like that or with Chelsea losing aswell!...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Where did you hear that? Didn't AVB say Parker wasn't going anywhere a couple of weeks ago.

Everton losing and Chelsea drawing. Please let it finish like that or with Chelsea losing aswell!...
    Apparently at Motspur Park (Fulhams training ground) tonight...just read that he was attending his sons match though

Apparently at Motspur Park (Fulhams training ground) tonight...just read that he was attending his sons match though

Ha well far enough!..

Some goal by Baines :(

SWP you beauty! 1-0 QPR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

SWP you beauty! 1-0 QPR!!
    Good result for us,thanks Harry.:)

• Advertisement

Sean Maguire set to join West Ham. Remember reading about him in the paper after his trial with them a month ago. Played for the reserves against the first team in a 45min training match and scored the only goal.

Allardyce had him train with the first team for the second week of his trial (was only meant to be there for one week) and told him when he flew to London he'll be training with the first team immediately when he signs.

Looks like a big future ahead for a young Irish striker. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

As expected we're apparently back in for Fryers, probably as a straight swap for Danny Rose who looks to be ready to move to Sunderland..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256308/Zeki-Fryers-sign-Tottenham.html

But what is the situation with Benny? Plenty of speculation a while ago linking him with a move to Chelsea as a replacement for Cole. His rehabilitation has taken a long time...

In that article it has 'Bale expected to join Real Madrid' credibility of the whole article goes out the window.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/116899/default.aspx?

I hope they're real quotes. Nice to see young players correct biased ex-players of clubs.

In that article it has 'Bale expected to join Real Madrid' credibility of the whole article goes out the window.

Ok, i'll try again;)
    http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/tottenham-set-to-sign-ex-manchester-united-defende

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/116899/default.aspx?

I hope they're real quotes. Nice to see young players correct biased ex-players of clubs.

Where would Chelsea play him? Are they really going to drop one of Oscar, Mata or Hazard? And then there's Marin too. If he goes there I'd imagine he'll mainly be cover for those 3.

SuprSi wrote: »

Where would Chelsea play him? Are they really going to drop one of Oscar, Mata or Hazard? And then there's Marin too. If he goes there I'd imagine he'll mainly be cover for those 3.

Well yeh I wasn't really looking at the Chelsea quotes. Was more Willian correcting Eduardo regarding Spurs being a big enough club for him.

I don't see him joining Chelsea but then again it wouldn't surprise me if they did it to stop us signing him. Marin will most likely be sold in the summer. Idiot for joining them in the first place. Would happily take him off Chelsea.

Is it just me or does that Fryers deal sound well dodgy.
    We could have signed him in the summer but would have had to pay up to £6m in compo to united so instead he signs for Liege and we get him off them for £3m instead after only 6 months.

Looks like Llorente will be joining Juventus in the summer.

• Advertisement

We could have signed him in the summer but would have had to pay up to £6m in compo to united so instead he signs for Liege and we get him off them for £3m instead after only 6 months.

Why does it sound dodgy? He had trained with us that summer and United wanted £6m for him. As a youth he could sign for a European club without triggering a compensation event. We wait six months and get him for half the price. Has Levy written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

United wanted £6m. It was going to go to tribunal, it's unlikely we would have had to pay £6m.

Why does it sound dodgy? He had trained with us that summer and United wanted £6m for him. As a youth he could sign for a European club without triggering a compensation event. We wait six months and get him for half the price. Has Levy written all over it.

Well that was my point. Nothing illegal about it, just a bit immoral at worst. If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our academy kids did the same thing we wouldnt be too pleased.

Well that was my point. Nothing illegal about it, just a bit immoral at worst. If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our academy kids did the same thing we wouldnt be too pleased.

I don't think Levy has the word immoral in his vocabulary, besides it gives United a taste of their own medicine poaching some of our best players over the years..
    Seems to be gathering pace...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/former-manchester-united-player-ezekiel-fryers-linked-with-switch-to-tottenham-8437117.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't think Levy has the word immoral in his vocabulary, besides it gives United a taste of their own medicine poaching some of our best players over the years..
    Seems to be gathering pace...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/former-manchester-united-player-ezekiel-fryers-linked-with-switch-to-tottenham-8437117.html

Or just multiple reports referencing the same initial report :pac:

It's silly season, there's no such thing as gathering pace or a sure thing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Welcom Zeki Fryers obviously you are highly rated by someone at the club hopefully you turn out well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hopefully we're looking for a RB too, Walker can be a disaster at times

'Reports the daily mail!!' :)
    Or just multiple reports referencing the same initial report :pac:

It's silly season, there's no such thing as gathering pace or a sure thing :cool:

Hate to say 'I TOLD YOU SO!' :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Advertisement

I'd say Ferguson is pi$$ed!! :D:D

Advertisement