Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

Just because United act badly doesn't mean that we should. I dislike the fact Spurs have issued a statement which is plainly a tissue of lies. Paints a poor image of the club for £3m which isn't much in football these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Just because United act badly doesn't mean that we should. I dislike the fact Spurs have issued a statement which is plainly a tissue of lies. Paints a poor image of the club for £3m which isn't much in football these days.

Fine words and ideals but sad to say there are no virgins in the brothel that is professional football!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

How dd we act badly? We obeyed the rules. In the same way English teams bring African youngsters to other European clubs so that they can obtain a work permit, the rules have not been broken.

Ferguson is the idiot, he should have taken it on the chin but couldn't resist, rich from a known rule breaker... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/01/united-le-havre-pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I think it's sweet that Fergie is cheesed over us getting 'their' player. It can only mean we are getting closer to competing with them. Last season he was all kind words when they gave us a pumping last March. Not to sound like KK but I would love it to do the double over them this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

tomo75 wrote: »
    I think it's sweet that Fergie is cheesed over us getting 'their' player. It can only mean we are getting closer to competing with them. Last season he was all kind words when they gave us a pumping last March. Not to sound like KK but I would love it to do the double over them this season!

No offence, but I doubt Fergie is overly worried about Spurs being threat to United in the near future.

• Advertisement

I don't know about that. We seem to be on an upward curve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I don't know about that. We seem to be on an upward curve.

I think you're doing very well for yourselves, but are a couple of years away from potentially competing with United over a full season. By the time that might happen (you'll need to continue to be shrewd in the market, get a couple of breaks and hold onto Bale - all of which are not guaranteed), Fergie will be gone, so I don't think he's overly concerned with you at the moment.

Blatter wrote: »
    No offence, but I doubt Fergie is overly worried about Spurs being threat to United in the near future.

Fergie will soon retire, Spurs are the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

To hell with Fergie,he's an expert at tapping up players.Berbatov and Carrick for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ah well, shit happens ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Little boys in glass houses............... Fcuk Fergie, I LOL'd :D

Blatter wrote: »

None taken! I do think Fergie is just winding things up before we meet in two weeks.
    Near future - maybe not. We need a 'Rvp' type player to get in contention, when (if) that happens I do think the squad we have will compete with Utd/City.

You are more than that away.

You have no winners in your team. Dempsey, Defoe, Huddlestone, Kaboul, Huddlestone, Naughton, Gallas or Dawson wouldn't get anywhere near the Man Utd or City team.

Ah see, Huddlestone is so good you named him twice!

You have no winners in your team. Dempsey, Defoe, Huddlestone, Kaboul, Huddlestone, Naughton, Gallas or Dawson wouldn't get anywhere near the Man Utd or City team.

They've cloned Thudd!!! Has Levy no scruples?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Fergie well rattled this year, his hypocrisy is gonna ruin his legacy if he doesn't learn to stfu at some stage.

That should be the official Spurs statement; "Shut the F*ck up you hypocrite."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

What about Bale, Lennon, Vertonghen, Dembele, Lloris (yes goalkeepers are match winners) and Sandro??

You named mostly fringe players......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He also named someone who was considered to be one of the best defenders in the league before his injury. Kaboul is a great defender, and would get into pretty much any team in the league.

Kiith wrote: »
    He also named someone who was considered to be one of the best defenders in the league before his injury. Kaboul is a great defender, and would get into pretty much any team in the league.

Well injured he'd still be better than Johnny Evans.

Sorry lads, would you kindly pi$$ off back to the soccer forum, this thread is for 'Spurs January Transfer Gossip'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Mods help please!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eyes are burning

Sorry lads, would you kindly pi$$ off back to the soccer forum, this thread is for 'Spurs January Transfer Gossip'

Sorry mate!

Alot of Damiao talk, some saying a fee has been agreed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Alot of Damiao talk, some saying a fee has been agreed...

Gomes going back to Brazil as part of the deal they're saying.

That would be fcuking awesome! Can't be true then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

That would be fcuking awesome! Can't be true then! :D

It was part of a twitter rumour going around all night unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

nbar12 wrote: »

It was part of a twitter rumour going around all night unfortunately

Well it may have been on twitter but its in most newspapers this morning. Could be something in it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

There is no rule against other fans posting here. :rolleyes:

What fun is it just being in a big circle jerk with spurs fans?

Because we all have similar interests and a particular interest in Spurs.

You don't go in to a Oasis forum if you want to talk about Blur.

You can compare Oasis to Blur though.

Grand, start a thread in this forum titled 'Comparing Spurs and ManYoo' or else fook off back to your Oasis forum! ;)

• Advertisement

I really hope you've picked up on my choice of bands. Oasis from Manchester and Blur from London. I thought it was an apt comparison. :)

Advertisement