Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Actually, quick google - the quotes where from Wales manager Chris Coleman. Sure what would he know.

Laudrup is quoted as saying there are not many clubs that could afford him...

SuprSi wrote: »
    It'll be good for him to get a good run of games. Very interested to see how he performs.

Great move for all concerned, but not Everton! :p:p

Surely we have someone coming in? Holtby early maybe..

Not Holtby anyway says AVB "I don't think he will come here earlier. When you agree a deal with a player who is a free transfer there is always that possibility. We have an extremely balanced squad and we are not looking to strengthen our midfield at the moment. Lewis has tremendous potential. He is extremely educated in his football and we have high expectations for him but this is not the right moment to bring him in."

Key point here is bolded, striker on the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8388948/Tottenham-unlikely-to-sign-Leandro-Damiao-in-January-says-Andre-Villas-Boas AVB saying it'll be unlikely that we'll sign Damiao but AVB keeps his cards close to his chest regarding transfers unlike Harry. AVB said the same about the Lloris transfer, am I being stupid thinking that we're going to sign him!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

nbar12 wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8388948/Tottenham-unlikely-to-sign-Leandro-Damiao-in-January-says-Andre-Villas-Boas AVB saying it'll be unlikely that we'll sign Damiao but AVB keeps his cards close to his chest regarding transfers unlike Harry. AVB said the same about the Lloris transfer, am I being stupid thinking that we're going to sign him!?

Yeah, from experience, he comments straight out on things that are completely untrue but fobs off stuff that may be happening, like LLoris. He also said we'd not be buying anyone this transfer window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

well lads been a while since i posted here but just saw this on twitter and this guy seems to be fairly spot on with transfers.
    https://twitter.com/theSPURSinsider

well lads been a while since i posted here but just saw this on twitter and this guy seems to be fairly spot on with transfers.
    https://twitter.com/theSPURSinsider

3 days ago he was saying we are definitely going to sign Zaha, Man Utd are now hot favourites to sign him. He now says we're going to sign sneijder. We can't afford his wages unless he takes a 50% wage cut which he wont seeing as he wouldn't take a wage cut from inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Kind of wish it was the 1st Feb already, all this rumour stuff is a pain in the hole.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Kind of wish it was the 1st Feb already, all this rumour stuff is a pain in the hole.

it really is, it doesn't help when i've my exams next week and im constantly on twitter etc trying to find out if we've signed anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

nbar12 wrote: »
    it really is, it doesn't help when i've my exams next week and im constantly on twitter etc trying to find out if we've signed anyone!
    :D your better off getting the head down and then looking at the net again on 1st Feb mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Matt Davis saying that The Mail have it we've signed Negredo. No confirmation from anywhere yet.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    :D your better off getting the head down and then looking at the net again on 1st Feb mate.

Bah! No chance, I'll be enjoying a few single malts and hanging on Jim Whites every word!:D:D

Bah! No chance, I'll be enjoying a few single malts and hanging on Jim Whites every word!:D:D

Love it, who's round is it ? :D

Love it, who's round is it ? :D

Get them in fella, I'll bring the Cubans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Matt Davis saying that The Mail have it we've signed Negredo. No confirmation from anywhere yet.

The man from Spain he say no

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague someone is using Spurs' name. The London club is not negotiating with Sevilla for Negredo

yiddo59 wrote: »
    The man from Spain he say no

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague someone is using Spurs' name. The London club is not negotiating with Sevilla for Negredo

We'll be linked with everyone and get nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We'll be linked with everyone and get nobody

Yupp this, do not expect us to sign anybody tbh.

KingdomYid wrote: »

Yupp this, do not expect us to sign anybody tbh.

For me AVBs body language and comments in the interview suggested we haven't ruled out singing anyone...

For me AVBs body language and comments in the interview suggested we haven't ruled out singing anyone...

Yeah, I got the same feeling

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

• Advertisement

Is the Adebayor saga over? Togolese FA trying their best to balls things up!
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1295462?cc=5739

Also, on his decision to play, I think it's fair to say that he wasn't trying to fcuk us about but was eventually convinced to return 'after face-to-face meetings with Faure Gnassingbe, the president of Togo'

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Now he's not playing in the ACN maybe? http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1295462

Seriously, I wish he'd just fcuk off and play for them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

And if he doesnt play for them now he could be banned anyway :(

It's like Freddy Kanoute all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I see the spammers appear to have signed Wellington Paulista on a six month deal. (source - SSN).

27 goals last season and 10 so far this season. Would he have been a viable short term option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I see the spammers appear to have signed Wellington Paulista on a six month deal. (source - SSN).

27 goals last season and 10 so far this season. Would he have been a viable short term option?

Like your name many in Brazil consider him a donkey. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote: »
    Like your name many in Brazil consider him a donkey. We'll see.

What? he is hung like a donk... nevermind :D

Just went on to wiki to see his profile - he barely has one. Thats never a good sign!

What the Shalke fans say about Holtby
    http://tottenhamlive.com/blog/650-schalke-holtby-tottenham.html
    ‘Very hit and miss, more of the latter. Reminds me a bit of Joe Cole.’

‘Massive talent but lacking consistency. Move might be a bit soon, Cole comparison is spot on. I think he needs the right manager to massage his ego and press the right buttons to turn into one great footballer.’

‘Lewis is a great football player and a big fighter… He has up’s and down’s but he’s fighting in all matches… Lewis is fast and can be a match winner for the team.’

‘Holtby maybe a talent but I think he is absolutely overrated. He’s suffering from overconfidence. Too young for the Premier League. He made 5 good matches this year, the rest only average.’

• Advertisement

Huddlestone off to Fulham? Livermore off to QPR (on loan)?

Advertisement