Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Huddlestone off to Fulham? Livermore off to QPR (on loan)?

if we get 6m for hudd, we will be doing very well.
    Regular Prem league experience for Jake could be the makings of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"I was speaking with Daniel yesterday to see if there are any players there that we can have. But he'll help himself, he won't give us a special deal because it's me!" he said. "It's his time of year, January. He loves it. On the last day he'll be doing his two for one deal, buy one get one free. That's how he works."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

"I was speaking with Daniel yesterday to see if there are any players there that we can have. But he'll help himself, he won't give us a special deal because it's me!" he said. "It's his time of year, January. He loves it. On the last day he'll be doing his two for one deal, buy one get one free. That's how he works."

he doesn't shut up does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

nbar12 wrote: »
    he doesn't shut up does he?

He doesn't but then again what he says is true :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »

Unusually quiet in the Sunday paper for us today. No mention of zaha, sneijder or daimaio.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

Looks like remy is going to newcastle according to sky sports . Were we not looking to sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Jmcc001 wrote: »
    Looks like remy is going to newcastle according to sky sports . Were we not looking to sign him

We were apparently interested as he can play on both wings as well as up front. I'm sure if we were really after him we would've picked him up though.

I just nicked this from the Liverpool thread over on the Soccer forum;
    Chances created in Open Play

Liverpool 231

Other teams over 200 - Man City 228, Tottenham 240, Everton 201
    Reading bottom with 106.

Imagine if we had someone who could put those chances away! We haven't had a decent strikeforce since Keane & Berba and it's always the same when a window comes along. We all thought Ade would be the answer, or at least part of it, and so far this season it hasn't worked out. I think a lot of us agree that the biggest difference between us and Utd, City, etc is the lack of a 20 goal a season goal scorer/poacher. That should be the priority of this window and if not this window, the next and every window until we get one. Until this happens I think we'll always be an 'almost' team, almost getting 4th, almost qualifying for the CL, etc.

I worry that, althought we're looking pretty good now, come May the lack of someone who can put those chances away will again be the difference between us getting 4th and not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Loic Remy almost quit football 6 months ago. Would have been a gamble for us to have signed him. Will be interesting to see how he does at Newcastle.

Zaha tweeted 'looks like I'm moving to the top of the premier league' which looks like he's stated he'll be joining man utd. Think we've moved on from Zaha a while ago.

Willian apparently trying to orchestrate a move away from Shaktar by failing to return after the christmas break.

Also, Sneijder holding out for a premier league move.

Anything in it for us? Rumour mill gone very quiet, too quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Even the tabloids are sick of the Spurs rumours...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The one player i DON'T want is sneijder, hopefully we're not even in contention for him.

The one player i DON'T want is sneijder, hopefully we're not even in contention for him.

Why? He is a born leader, winner and creates and scores goals.. Dutch captain, Champions League winner.. He could be an amazing player for us!

Plus, have you seen his wife??!! :eek::eek::eek:
    YolantheSneijder_Cabau_1.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

well, I've said I don't want him...so how many days before we announce his signature? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://spursdreamer.blogspot.ie/2013/01/8-million-it-been-done-for-days.html?m=1

Apparently it's a deal done..... according to Twitter.

Though I also saw a Sky Sports presenter say they had heard that he was on his way to United. Apparently a respected journalist vouched for that too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Again, i'll believe it when it's on the official page. Would be pretty damn amazing if true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The more I see of Di Santo of Wigan play the more I like him,he's only 23 and a strong player and a striker with plenty of skill,I wouldn't mind seeing us signing him to be honest,I think he 's out of contract next summer aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

tippspur wrote: »
    The more I see of Di Santo of Wigan play the more I like him,he's only 23 and a strong player and a striker with plenty of skill,I wouldn't mind seeing us signing him to be honest,I think he 's out of contract next summer aswel.

no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

M'vila and remy going to qpr, two players we were after.

Reportedly after. Two mercenaries dodged perhaps..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im delighted that we didnt end up with either of those two.

M'vila is a quality player but an absolute headbanger whilst every game ive seen from Remy he has disappointed me. Put it this way 15 mil for dembele is a far far better deal than the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Correction -

"two players Harry was after when he was our manager."

We've moved on since...

Correction -

"two players Harry was after when he was our manager."

We've moved on since...

Correction...

Allegedly after :pac:

Just because a paper linked us to a player doesn't mean we were ever after them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Im getting desperate....
    Kaka and Torres will be great for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

184552_408659239208152_1895680359_n.png

Nor the spelling of his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Quote Wenger "The prices go always up at the start of the transfer market and go down in the last week. Sometimes as well they go up in the last week, but most of the time they go down in the last week. You know 90% of the transfer activity happens in the last week, if not in the last 48 hours."

Unless a deal was completed early in the window i.e. Fryers/Holtby we probably shouldn't expect any activity until the 29th January. I think Sneijder and Willian could be realistic targets for us...:cool::cool:

Quote Wenger "The prices go always up at the start of the transfer market and go down in the last week. Sometimes as well they go up in the last week, but most of the time they go down in the last week. You know 90% of the transfer activity happens in the last week, if not in the last 48 hours."

Unless a deal was completed early in the window i.e. Fryers/Holtby we probably shouldn't expect any activity until the 29th January. I think Sneijder and Willian could be realistic targets for us...:cool::cool:

I can see the abuse I'm gonna get already for saying this, but does anyone else think Sneijder would be a bit of a bad egg ? Has a history for shi* stirring at both club and international level, looking for mad money no doubt, hitting 29 soon, is he looking for a big pay day ? I have to say I'm not convinced !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I can see the abuse I'm gonna get already for saying this, but does anyone else think Sneijder would be a bit of a bad egg ? Has a history for shi* stirring at both club and international level, looking for mad money no doubt, hitting 29 soon, is he looking for a big pay day ? I have to say I'm not convinced !

FFS he'll be 29 not 39 :D. I've no doubt he'd improve us and the word was that Levy was trying to get him on loan til end of season with an option to buy but isn't likely to happen.

Advertisement