Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    Harsh on Charlie too, he is a good pro, although Naughton should be given a chance as reserve right back.

We should get rid of Bentley, Jenas, Gomes, Bassong, Townsend, Gio, Nelsen and Kranky.

If Pienaar isn't gonna get games he should be allowed to stay at Everton.

Personally I would sell Defoe, as he just doesn't fit in any formation we play.

Rose should probably go. Not good enough to even be reserve left back.

Rose should go , he is not good enough.

This isnt harsh on charlie, he is a rubbish player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well, by 'dead weight', what I actually meant was fringe squad players who just aren't going to get their game regardless of talent or ability...

Forgot about Gomes, he needs to go asap so we can get a couple of million for him otherwise he'll run down his contract and go for free while all the time taking 50K a week or whatever he's on for the next couple of years.

Bassong - Jesus. I thought we flogged him. Needs to be top of the queue when it comes to the exit door.

As for Rose - yeah, it like a repeat of Jamie O'Hara .. not quite sure if he's good enough. Everyone would like to see him success bbut he needs to be given a proper shot at it before we can safely make up our minds. I fear livermore could find himself in a similar position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A good reliable source by the looks of it, apparently he likes playing on thursdays as he does yoga on tuesdays and wednesdays :o

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/item/190504-leandro-damiao-poised-for-tottenham-hotspur-move

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I've only seen him once, in some pre-season thing in Italy I think, but he was class. Big and strong, good feet and a great header of the ball. Not a great goal scoring record but that wouldn't put me off. Just get him to have a word with Sandro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

SuprSi wrote: »
    I've only seen him once, in some pre-season thing in Italy I think, but he was class. Big and strong, good feet and a great header of the ball. Not a great goal scoring record but that wouldn't put me off. Just get him to have a word with Sandro!

His goalscoring record is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Would be delighted to get him. Signed him in Football Manager for Tottenham and he's amazing in that anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    We should get rid of Bentley, Jenas, Gomes, Bassong, Townsend, Gio, Nelsen and Kranky.

Rose should probably go. Not good enough to even be reserve left back.

I don't agree with getting rid of Rose and Townsend. Let's not forget which European competition (shudder) we're in next season. We're going to need young half-decent talent who are self-motivated in the search for first team football.

Though the likes of Bentley, Jenas, Gomes, Bassong, Gio and Nelsen are welcome to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Heres a link to all Bosman list players for the Premiership this year.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3941/england/2012/05/23/3121335/premier-league-bosman-list-didier-drogba-all-the-players

How many will Harry go fOr, this list would be right up his street!!

I think we will be linked with Hoilett, Craig Gordon, Jerome Thomas and Hugo Rodallega...

pancho84 wrote: »

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3941/england/2012/05/23/3121335/premier-league-bosman-list-didier-drogba-all-the-players

I think we will be linked with Hoilett, Craig Gordon, Jerome Thomas and Hugo Rodallega...

Probably gonna be linked with Drogba too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

flyswatter wrote: »
    Probably gonna be linked with Drogba too.

No chance of getting drogba. Why would he take 70k a week off us when he can get 250k a week in china.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Harry due to sign a new contract I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Either Junior Hoilett or Hugo Rodallega plus Craig Gordon from the freebie list please. I can see Harry lining up Michael Owen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

personally i'd like to see us try and snap up kalou, i know alot of ppl dont rate him but i'v always liked him.

didnt know gomes was out of contract, was hoping we could gt sum cash for him...

THFC wrote: »
    Either Junior Hoilett or Hugo Rodallega plus Craig Gordon from the freebie list please. I can see Harry lining up Michael Owen :(

Hoilett looks nippy, could be ok backup.

Gordon had some talent, not sure what happened him.

Even at his best, Rodallega would beraly be good enough for our squad, never mind team.

Owen effectively retired 3 seasons ago, he has no interest in football, and is too small to do anything other than sit beside Defoe on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jayzus, its like real-life Football manager.

Nevermind your Kalou's, what about malouda!

.. also, couple of decent GK's available seeing as both Gomes and Cudicini are free to leave. Could do a lot worse then Jaaskelainen or Kuszczak.

Jayzus, its like real-life Football manager.

Nevermind your Kalou's, what about malouda!

.. also, couple of decent GK's available seeing as both Gomes and Cudicini are free to leave. Could do a lot worse then Jaaskelainen or Kuszczak.

Keeper wise, it all depends on whether we buy a new one or not. Buy Lloris, let gomes go, and we have Friedel as back up and Carlo in reserve.

As for the other frees, Hoilett is the only one i think i'd look at..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Guardian reporting tonight that a £9.6M deal for that dutch centre half nearly concluded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

BERBA wrote: »
    Guardian reporting tonight that a £9.6M deal for that dutch centre half nearly concluded.

Would be delighted if that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yes/ rumours abound that a deal has been done. To be announced early next week

A fine player he is, will lead from the back

So much for us not being able to get players after missing out on champs league

Anyone seen him play? I believe he was good against United in the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I see Marton Fulop is available on a free from West brom,surly there is a place for him at Arsenal.After all they owe him big time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Vertonghen is one of the best ball playing CB's in the world. He'll be such a dangerman at set pieces too. If the newspapers are to believe Spurs really got a great signing here. He isnt shy to put his head on incoming crosses, reads the game excellently and as iv mentioned absolutely brilliant on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Headshot wrote: »
    Vertonghen is one of the best ball playing CB's in the world. He'll be such a dangerman at set pieces too. If the newspapers are to believe Spurs really got a great signing here. He isnt shy to put his head on incoming crosses, reads the game excellently and as iv mentioned absolutely brilliant on the ball
    Himself and Kaboul should make our best center back pairing since I can remember both very good with the ball and good in the air.

It really is a coup I think if we get him without champions league football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I know nothing about Vertonghen, never seen him play. Hopefully we seal the deal if he’s as good as everyone is saying and goes on to become a formidable player.

Levy unable to agree a deal apparently, and the player comes out and says Arsenal is still an option, I dont like the sound that lads :o

If we lose him to Arsenal over a few million quid, i'll be rightly pissed off.

Kiith wrote: »
    If we lose him to Arsenal over a few million quid, i'll be rightly pissed off.

It would be very unlike Arsenal to pay over the odds for a player. £10m for a player in the final year of his contract is way over the odds.

• Advertisement

Having what could be a rock solid center back partnership is easily worth £10m imo.

Advertisement