Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I can see the abuse I'm gonna get already for saying this, but does anyone else think Sneijder would be a bit of a bad egg ? Has a history for shi* stirring at both club and international level, looking for mad money no doubt, hitting 29 soon, is he looking for a big pay day ? I have to say I'm not convinced !

Ah here, leave it out! :D

We could have said the same about Vdv before he arrived and Sneijder is arguably better & fitter than Rafa..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ah here, leave it out! :D

We could have said the same about Vdv before he arrived and Sneijder is arguably better & fitter than Rafa..

:D love it. Rafa was 27 I think when he signed for us, and Wesley didn't look very fit and much use last summer. He also hasn't played for a couple of months as he's acting the ballix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

For me it would be a dream Window if we signed Moutihno(which won't happen) and Negredo(which very well might happen)

Holtby looks to be coming to us earlier than planned so I gotta say I'm pretty excited about that. Negredos agent was seen in London last week. He could be there on other business, but a boy can dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    For me it would be a dream Window if we signed Moutihno(which won't happen) and Negredo(which very well might happen)

Does anything in particular appeal to you about Negredo? He's never stood out for me and I need convincing.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Yeah I decided to watch my first ever Bundesliga match and I wasn't disappointed, solid 4-3 scoreline! I was very impressed with Holtby, great touch, good passer of the ball, set up 2 and got a tap in goal. Looking forward to seeing him in a Spurs jersey, hopefully see him play for us this month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

nbar12 wrote: »

Yeah I decided to watch my first ever Bundesliga match and I wasn't disappointed, solid 4-3 scoreline! I was very impressed with Holtby, great touch, good passer of the ball, set up 2 and got a tap in goal. Looking forward to seeing him in a Spurs jersey, hopefully see him play for us this month!

Never stop watching a game at 4-3 . . . Ever ;)

Emoran wrote: »
    Never stop watching a game at 4-3 . . . Ever ;)

I have no idea why I said 4-3 when it finished 5-4! I got confused with all those goals ha! Cracking goal by Diouf at the end, AVB sign him up!

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt confirmed that Spurs want Lewis to join the club this January. Tonight Schalke faced Hannover and Heldt told German Sky the following….

“We are in talks about a move in this transfer period, but there is no agreement,” Heldt told Sky Sport before Schalke’s game with Hannover on Friday night.

“Tottenham contacted us, because they want Lewis now. We will decide in the coming days.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Linked with M'Vila and Diame in the rags this morning. Diame has a £3.5m buy out clause and has been linked with Man U, Chelsea and Everton.

He would be a much less riskier option than the other fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Linked with M'Vila and Diame in the rags this morning. Diame has a £3.5m buy out clause and has been linked with Man U, Chelsea and Everton.

He would be a much less riskier option than the other fella.
    Arsenal after him apparently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

At least we know they're looking....
    Obviously it’s a difficult situation but that doesn’t mean that we won’t do anything in the transfer market. We are also aware of the risk that it entails though, so we’ll just have to be careful.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130120/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-need-another-striker-january-transfer-window-1897?

Could this mean it's likely Negredo could be on his way?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Wes gone to gala if reports are to be believed...happy days for me at least :P

Wes gone to gala if reports are to be believed...happy days for me at least :P

Bullet dodged ;)

Bullet dodged ;)

At first, I was sickened to have missed out on him but if he's more interested in earning the big bucks in the Turkish league, Galatasary can have him, I don't want money grabbing w@nkers like him disrupting the Spurs squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Bullet dodged ;)

possibly but it'll be febraury 1st before we know for sure ;)

yiddo59 wrote: »
    possibly but it'll be febraury 1st before we know for sure ;)

I'll be genuinely shocked if Levy comes up trumps as we want mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I'll be genuinely shocked if Levy comes up trumps as we want mate.

you won't alone there :D;)

German newspaper reporting we've made a second offer for Holtby. Also hearing we're in negotiations for Diame..

Can't see a striker coming to be honest but Holtby plays No.10 for Shalke and could possibly play up front short term if needed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

German newspaper reporting we've made a second offer for Holtby. Also hearing we're in negotiations for Diame..

Can't see a striker coming to be honest but Holtby plays No.10 for Shalke and could possibly play up front short term if needed..

I said this after the Stoke game I think, but we need a No. 10 even more than we need a striker. When teams sit back against us as United did yesterday then we struggle to break them down because we are missing a VDV or even Modric-type creative player who can split a defence with a clever pass. If Holtby can fill that role then I'd be delighted to get him in ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

At this stage i would be happy with Gary Hooper :cool:

celt262 wrote: »
    At this stage i would be happy with Gary Hooper :cool:

Your wish could come true, AVB reportedly at Parkhead tonight...

Really, where you read that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hooper scored already anyway. I don't know much about the current Celtic side but it's surely Wanyama he's looking at? He has scored as well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can't a manager go and watch highly competitive football without being expected to be looking at a player to sign???!!!

Also, AVB spent ages in Brazil... Supposedly scouting before he joined spurs... He didn't find any player he was interested in apart from ones we were linked with already?!

irishmover wrote: »
    Can't a manager go and watch highly competitive football without being expected to be looking at a player to sign???!!!

!

No mate especially if they ain't in your league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

No mate especially if they ain't in your league

Was a joke... Hence the 'highly competitive' and exclamation marks!

Advertisement